The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lessons from sports (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
The is really a matter of perception of where your seats are at (to use a sports metaphor).

When you are sitting on the sidelines or bleachers it is
entirely different than when you are in the game.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
LOL

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Lol
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have NO CLUE who is buying tickets Tom. You think it is peers who buy tickets to magic shows?

Do a magic show some time Tom. What you end up with is the "brotherhood" wanting comps based upon being magicians. They don't buy tickets! Again your inexperience here shines so bright.

Yes the game is DRASTICALLY different from on the field, and in the bleachers.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
You have NO CLUE who is buying tickets Tom. You think it is peers who buy tickets to magic shows?



Maybe not to your shows, but with the superstars it is magic lovers and peers that help fill the seats.

Danny I hope you’re not telling everyone here they can act like Don Rickles and treat everyone the way he treated his audience. It was an act. I’m sure he was very professional off stage.

But anyway there is no comparison to superstars and those who post here. And you right about the seats, you have to be sitting on the outside to see that.

See how easy it is for you and mindpro to derail a good thread by bashing me? The topic is about superstars, not me.

YES you're right, I am no superstar. But I am smart enough to see that if you and Mindpro would stop pretending to
be one, we would have a much better place here.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Who is pretending to be one? You are the only pretender here Tom.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
YES you're right, I am no superstar. But I am smart enough to see that if you and Mindpro would stop pretending to
be one, we would have a much better place here.

Tom


Man, I just don't see where you get some of this stuff Tom. Where on earth do you get such perceptions? Do you not read the same thing we do? I never remember Danny ever saying he was s "superstar" and I know I certainly never have. As I said in the other thread, is it a comprehension thing? A just to be heard thing? Or some kind of a natural default setting that misses things completely. All the time, so consistently!

So often the tone you take from posts or threads here is determined by the reader, or in this case Tom. It also comes from ones own insecurities. So then the question is is he just making these accusations to flame or does he really believe his own skewed perception?

As I said, some of us deal in reality. This is among the funniest ones yet. Maybe if you quit taking things waaaay out of context THAT would make this a better place.

Btw, threads wouldn't be derailed is you simply wouldn't chime in with this nonsense.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
You have NO CLUE who is buying tickets Tom. You think it is peers who buy tickets to magic shows?



Maybe not to your shows, but with the superstars it is magic lovers and peers that help fill the seats.

Danny I hope you’re not telling everyone here they can act like Don Rickles and treat everyone the way he treated his audience. It was an act. I’m sure he was very professional off stage.

But anyway there is no comparison to superstars and those who post here. And you right about the seats, you have to be sitting on the outside to see that.

See how easy it is for you and mindpro to derail a good thread by bashing me? The topic is about superstars, not me.

YES you're right, I am no superstar. But I am smart enough to see that if you and Mindpro would stop pretending to
be one, we would have a much better place here.

Tom


Tom you don't even DO magic shows, yet you bloviate and pontificate about the best ways to do things in the magic business. That is pretending by definition.

I never claimed to be a superstar. Never have never will. You are being clever in turning subjects into things they are not but everyone sees you for who and what you are. You are the one who derails threads.

PLUS IF one has to be a superstar to give advice, you qualify the least of anyone here. But since we are not posting about how to be a superstar it is not a big deal. That is not the goal of most and if it is I have no idea how to go about it. But unlike you I do not post about things I do not know or experience.

And until it is up to you to decide who does and does not have a place here stop telling others how to act please. Perhaps it is YOU, the guy who does not nor has ever really done shows, who does not know his place.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Mindpro,

My point is, this thread was about superstars in sports, there was absolutely no reason for you and Danny to change it into a topic about me. Why does that always happen? Nobody wants to hear about me. Yet you two seem to always make the topic about me. And why should my ‘opinion’ on sports be different from anyone else? Do I need a lot of experience with magic to speak about sports? I mean really. Are you a sports superstar, if so, then my apologies?

Do I need to ask the management to stop you two from following me around with nothing but hateful remarks?

Mindpro, like many here, I have no idea who you are, yet I don't ask you to provide proof of everything you say. What you say here is just an 'opinion' to us because you never back it up with facts. Just like me you only post an opinion. But hey I have no problem with that and you do post much that I completely agree with. I could care less who you are or where you come from. To me, your ‘opinion’ is welcome here. That’s what we do here, we share ideas and opinions. We’re not writing a reference/fact book. Why can’t you stop insulting the readers by saying you looking after them, insinuating that they are not smart enough to form their own opinion about what is being said. Stop twisting my words to make yours look better. That only makes us both look bad with the back and forth.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If you could get the management or anybody to stop you already would have any know it. The first time that you're following us because we posted first and then you jumped it. So nobody following you get over yourself.

Tom nobody twist your words they just use your exact words.

You're entitled to an opinion and you posted public and my opinion is that you're wrong certainly on a public forum we are allowed to discuss opinions that's the way adults work. Not everyone agrees with everybody not everybody just gives a bunch of rah rah nonsense. If you don't like it don't post.

And by the way read this thread. TOY were the one who addressed me and corrected me! About Ray Kroc. So then you complain I am following you and somehow I an the problem?

You want to stop then stop. Don't be the problem then play the victim. It indeed makes you look bad.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Who is TOY? LOL

Danny, Well at least I’m glad you agree that we are allowed to discuss ‘opinions’ here. Maybe from now on you and Mindpro can just come out and say that your ‘opinion’ is better than mine and let that be it without all the haggling.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Glad we got that settled.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I know in your world spelling mistakes and pointing out auto correct mistakes passes for wit. Way to go.

All opinions are not equal. My opinion of doing children's magic is all but useless.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, TomBoleware wrote:
Mindpro,

My point is, this thread was about superstars in sports, there was absolutely no reason for you and Danny to change it into a topic about me.

Are you a sports superstar, if so, then my apologies?


What you say here is just an 'opinion' to us because you never back it up with facts. Just like me you only post an opinion.


That’s what we do here, we share ideas and opinions. We’re not writing a reference/fact book.


Tom



Tom, every one of those quotes you offered above is incorrect. This thread was about business, using sports only as an example and metaphor. This is not about sports.

I do not post opinions, I deal in facts based on experience from industry positions and perspectives, which is exactly why I was initially invited to be here - to share the industry perspective, to separate fact from opinions, from my experience in the 5 main areas of the entertainment industry and business. I realized long ago my content doesn't matter if you know (or care) who I am or not. Those that focus on that are completely missing the message, point and benefit anyhow.

I do think you hit it on the head in several of your recent posts. To you, you believe this is a place to offer opinions, much like you said previously like some old farts sitting around the old folks home shooting the breeze. That is not why most come here. They come to learn, improve and evolve their business. They do that from learning from those that have specialized knowledge and that have experienced what it is they are trying to learn. Gee, much like why they seek coaching! No place are random thoughts and opinions more of a detriment. Yes, many come here specifically for fact and reference.

Ken's post earlier today about how much he has learned here over the years and how grateful he is a prime example. I get these type of messages each and every day many from members here who feel the same way. Whether you like it or not most of these single Danny and myself out as a reason for coming here. Now I know in your own perception of things you may find that hard to agree or understand, but I am not lying and will not make this up. All of this random thoughts and inexperienced opinions (not just from you but any misleading information, flaming or agenda nonsense) is exactly the **** that many feel they have to wade through to get to the good stuff they are seeking.

Again, your perspective amazes me.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
So you’ve been invited here to separate fact from everyones opinion.

Got you.
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Mindpro wrote:

I do not post opinions, I deal in facts based on experience from industry positions and perspectives, which is exactly why I was initially invited to be here - to share the industry perspective, to separate fact from opinions, from my experience in the 5 main areas of the entertainment industry and business. I realized long ago my content doesn't matter if you know (or care) who I am or not. Those that focus on that are completely missing the message, point and benefit anyhow.



This is so laughable that I have to comment on it. And then I will drop it.

Of course you post opinions. Anything not backed up by fact is just an opinion. You never post things that can be proved or that can’t be questioned. In a way you could say it is coming from an unknown source. True, yours may be what ‘you’ would call a professional opinion but it is still an ‘opinion’ and even then we all have a right to a second opinion, don’t we?

No big deal, buy yes you do post an opinion.

Now to clear up how I often say this place is much like a bunch of men/women sitting around at the Café chatting, and how everyone should be welcomed regardless of their age or experience level. That is just my opinion, but I am not the only one here that sees it that way, go up in the managers areas and see what Mr S. Brooks said:

“The theme here, is that of a Café or restaurant, and I often look at it the same way I would if it were really a building serving food. The members are like the customers. They come in to enjoy what our menu has to offer. My staff and I do our very best to make them feel at home. We like to treat them like family, as it were. Now we don't have a bar, so people of all ages can enter, the more the better! Let's face it, there is plenty of room.”


Anyways, Just wanted to post the facts. Smile

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9770 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Once again, you can choose to accept it however you'd like, but that again doesn't make it correct. What I post is exactly why I was invited and agreed to be here, from the industry perspective based on my experience. I don't need to prove anything for it to be factual. If anything, you prove it's not since you operate not from an industry perspective. Also just because you may not believe something or feel you need proof, again doesn't mean it isn't correct or fact. In reality, I try to leave my personal opinions out of it (unless specifically asked) because more often than one might think they may be different from the industry position. However, I can separate my opinions from the industry perspective in order to succeed in this business. If you think my postings based on experience, facts and things from an industry perspective ruffles your features, trust me you really couldn't handle my opinions!

I have also said before, this forum is different from the others on the Café. This forum, more than any other, affects ones business, income and bottom line for those working, part-time or full-time trying to succeed as a performer. Those not working for income or business (or interested in starting to) usually aren't even here or interested (you being the exception, lol). I know management is well aware of this too. For this reason experience, insight and reality is more of interest here than opinion as in other forums. You might understand this better if you were doing this for a living or your business.

I haven't seen anything you've posted yet as "the facts."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20037 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tom does not do magic shows or run a magic business. This is a fact.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2687 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
LOL

Danny you amaze me with your constant pot shots at my experience.

Fact is I have done shows ranging from birthday shows to stage shows. I owned a magic shop for 9 years and still deal in magic. I owned and operated several non magic businesses, I am well qualified to talk about business. Fact is I have lectured on business more than once. I have sales experience with awards that many would be proud of. So yes I do have experience in this thing called business.

Please stop with the mine is bigger than yours crap.

Tom
Do What Others Do And You Will Become Average

The Daycare Magician Book
www.amazekids.com/magic-downloads/childrens-magic-ebooks/the-daycare-magician/

Tom Boleware
www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Lessons from sports (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL