The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Clips on to belt and holds a deck and more. Found at Lowe's (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
This case was around $11.00 at Lowe's. It nicely holds a deck of cards with room left over to hold some sponge balls and/or a thumbtip. There is even a thin inner pocket for packet tricks.

Clip on Magic Stuff Holder at Lowe's
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
This looks good.
I love repurposing items. "Magic" items tend to be overpriced, as many specialty items are. I use old memory card holders as coin holders. The small pockets are awesome. They are getting hard to find, as everyone is now on thumb drives instead of CF cards Smile
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
It clips to your belt and would be good for walk around.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
KarstenMeyerhoff
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of KarstenMeyerhoff
Look out for little pouches/bags that paramedics and doctors use to carry their "stuff" while in action (gloves, scissors, wedges, flashlights, ...) Easily attached pretty much everywhere on your clothing (belt, suspenders, ...) and they come in a whole variety from small to large. This is the one I got for myself:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0055Y8......F8&psc=1

Yep, it's a german Amazon-page, but you'll get the ideas, I'm sure.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Awesome stuff! I'll be heading to Lowe's later today...I'll look out for this while I'm there!

Thanks!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
I try to keep everything in my wallet. Apart from the decks of cards, cups and balls, padlocks, glasses of water, dice and vanishing box, that is.
MentalMik
View Profile
Regular user
Ridgecrest, California
183 Posts

Profile of MentalMik
Army surplus also has numerous pouches and the like in various colors, heck, get the molle vest and you can carry a ton of differing sized pouches:)
From the mind of Mik.
Ridgecrest, California, by way of the UK.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
This is expensive but it keeps your cards, sharpie and rubber bands at the ready. Put out by Andrew Mayne and made of carbon fiber so should be very durable:

http://itricks.com/triggerclip/
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I had a Triggerclip. It broke.
I had it in a bag with some other magic stuff, nothing in the clip and it cracked.
It wasn't durable at all. Definitely not worth the $45 asking price.

Also, when I got it, it looks like it was made on a 3D printer and I was missing one of the notches for the rubber bands on the upper side. Andrew Mayne offered to swap it out. I thought that was too much a hassle for what it was worth and just decided to use the one notch.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Ah, sorry to hear evildan. I have in fact heard that they are 3D printed. I have one for over a year now and never had a crack or a piece break. I fully agree that the asking price is too much !
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just ordered Triggerclip. I will find out how it does.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, Dynamike wrote:

Andrew Mayne is refunding my purchase thru PayPal. He mentions they are no longer made.
ThunderSqueak
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of ThunderSqueak
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2017, dman11 wrote:
Ah, sorry to hear evildan. I have in fact heard that they are 3D printed. I have one for over a year now and never had a crack or a piece break. I fully agree that the asking price is too much !

Heh, I was just looking at the image and thinking to myself "that would be extremely easy to 3D print <.<;;
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2017, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, Dynamike wrote:

Andrew Mayne is refunding my purchase thru PayPal. He mentions they are no longer made.

Dang, that's too bad...I would of definitely got another for a backup or if anything happened to mine
DavidMac
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
81 Posts

Profile of DavidMac
Anyone know of anything similar to triggerclip?
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
The Trigger Clip looks like it was 3D printed.
You could easily make something similar (though likely more durable) out of Kydex.

There's tons of resources on how to shape Kydex, it can make a hoslter for literally anything (here's a quick and dirty guide http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-make-a-kydex-holster.htm).

As you can see, Kydex shapes itself around the items placed in it when it's being made. This makes it ideal for customize holsters for any number of applications. They're also extremely durable. You could easily make a kydex holster that could accommodate a deck of cards and a sharpie, fit it to the curvature of your body, and make it almost invisible.

Think of the load possibilities . . .
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
Vitas White
View Profile
New user
Boston
51 Posts

Profile of Vitas White
Great find! I love finding everyday objects being used in a magical sense! I carry around a decent amount of decks (gaffed, normal, collective, etc.) in an old cassette case. I love the aesthetic of it all, and it really adds to the performance to take my decks out from it.
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it now. Boldness has genius, power, and magic at its core.
tvirelli
View Profile
New user
Iowa
7 Posts

Profile of tvirelli
Hmmm, I think I could 3D model something like the trigger clip and 3D print that! Thanks for the idea!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I like the Card & Coin Pouch from Meir Yedid, only $15. Nice leather, hold 2 decks and attached to the belt. Has an outside pocket for coins, rubber bands, etc.

https://www.mymagic.com/p/money-magic/card-coin-pouch
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
I'm heading to Lowes or Home Depot tomorrow after reading this post. I need just a little more space. Looks Perfect! I'm also going to find out where the Paramedics locally get their pouches. Great ideas! Stoked!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Clips on to belt and holds a deck and more. Found at Lowe's (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL