The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ade Duval Multiplying Golf Ball Routine (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2021, hugmagic wrote:
I haven't tried them but do the Goshman sponge golf balls fit the Ireland shell. The material in them is very similar to old Ireland balls.

I don't know whether the Goshman sponge golf balls will work for the Ireland version. A review of the Goshman golf balls on Penguin Magic reads:

"It is a great idea but, unfortunately, these don't match the size of a real golf ball ".

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9397

So I suspect the Goshman balls are similar to the Empire yellow balls , which are slightly smaller than the balls that came with the Ireland set (and are smaller than the foam rubber practice golf balls I have.) I have emailed the company which makes theses: S&S Worldwide Skillbuilder Soft Foam Golf Balls , to ask if it's possible to get a sample before I buy a bag of 36 balls for $45.00 (they only sell them in bags of 36, so I don't want to spend that money only to find out the texture of the balls are not suitable). I'll report back what I find out.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2021, David Todd wrote:
I have emailed the company which makes theses: S&S Worldwide Skillbuilder Soft Foam Golf Balls , to ask if it's possible to get a sample before I buy a bag of 36 balls for $45.00 (they only sell them in bags of 36, so I don't want to spend that money only to find out the texture of the balls are not suitable). I'll report back what I find out.

Here's what I found out from S&S Worldwide - They will not provide me with a sample ball and furthermore they note that the balls may come in colors other than white. Depending on what they have in stock at any given time you may get white golf balls , but you may get pink, yellow, green , orange , etc. There is no way to specify which color you get when you order. Under the circumstances I'll leave it to others to determine whether the Skillbuilder Soft Foam Golf Balls are suitable as replacement balls for the Ireland Multiplying Golf Balls. I'm not in any particular hurry to spend $45.00 on a bag of 36 balls that may or may not be suitable (and may or may not be pink, orange , or green rather than white.)
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
When this effect came out years ago, I looked into this effect. It is made for a manipulation type production of Golf ball, by that young man's picture in the ad. Thus I was not interested in the props.

Goshman products were made in a garage by Albert himself. I don't know who took over the business, after his passing.

Nothing wrong with colored golf balls, as in Golf, colored balls are used in Winter Golf, so you can track the ball against the white snow.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I consider Loftus International the savior of magic in America. When they come on the market, they made and produced quality magic props that have been discounted by the original manufacturer, be it a magic shop or private individual. They make exact copies of the original props. They do buy the rights if available.

The owner did get the new products mostly made in Chins. An example would be the 2nd version of the Magic Inc. Golf balls. The shell lip, is turned out, where the original was cut to the mid point of the ball. That choice was most likely made because of the extra cost in manufacturing them.

The original white Golf Balls by Ireland, later called Magic Inc. were finally sold out after 20 or 30 years. They were actual rubber, covered by a white flexible thick white coating. Mostly could not be used any longer because of toxic material laws. As I child, I remember all Children toy balls in toy stores where made this way. Now they are gone as well.

The Lotus shells should fit the Magic INC. yellow balls exactly.

All magicians should support Lotus Magic, quality at a reasonable price.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Thanks for the lead on Lotus Magic.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2021, gregg webb wrote:
Thanks for the lead on Loftus Magic.

Keep in mind the Loftus Empire Magic Multiplying Golf Balls set are smaller than a regular size golf ball. They are about 1.61" diameter , whereas the usual golf balls you see in the U.S. are around 1.67" - 1.68" diameter. Not much of a problem unless you plan to mix in some real golf balls to your manipulation routine. Then the size difference is noticeable.

NOTE: if you can locate an older set of Loftus Empire Multiplying Golf Balls they have a steel sh - - l ... that is an advantage over the current plastic version from Loftus. The steel one is thinner than the current Loftus plastic sh - - l, plus being made of ferrous metal it will adhere to a certain type of hold - - t , which can be useful. I confirmed with Loftus that their current sh - - l is plastic, but at one time it was made from a ferrous metal material.

Quote:
On Apr 6, 2021, gregg webb wrote:
Is anyone making the old Ireland style balls and shell anymore? Royal was at one time. I found a yellow set. White shows up the best.

If you happen to have some old Ireland sh - - ls laying around but can't use them because the old foam rubber balls rotted away , I found that these white practice golf balls (soft polyurethane foam) DO fit the old Ireland sh - - ls: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728H3FLW?psc......_details

You can get 18 balls for $9.99 or 36 balls for $14.99 (that's the current price on Amazon as of today, Feb. 12, 2022 -- subject to change). Use 4 and store the rest in a sealed container in a dark place to preserve them.

Here is one of the balls with the Ireland feke -

With the availability of these type of practice golf balls that are actually about 1.67", regular size, not smaller size like many of the practice balls I've tried before , I think Magic Inc. should put the Ireland Ball routine back on the market if they can find someone to make the sh - - ls. (And please make them from ferrous metal , because that opens up some possibilities for stealing and ditching!) I had hoped that TruSleight might start making golf balls to fill the gap left by Fakini , but I don't know what's going on with TruSleight. Their Facebook group disappeared and their website reverted back to just a single image with "Coming Soon" , no merchandise on the site.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ade Duval Multiplying Golf Ball Routine (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL