We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Application for Professor's Nightmare (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
I know I shouldn't be surprised but so often I am by the sheer power of God. I was invited to have a small portion of my church's morning worship today. I was asked in the middle of the week and began to pray for direction in what the Lord would have me talk about. This is what he led me to and I felt as if I should share it with others.

Using the professor's nightmare I began to talk about how we were quite blessed by the fact that we did not have to work to gain our salvation. The Grace of Christ was attonment for our sins. But let's imagine if we did have to work for our salvation. What would become of the small child (short rope) if they came to their sunday school teacher or parent and asked how to invite Jesus into their heart and were told that they were not old enough, that they were too small to be able to complete the tasks required to have Jesus in their heart.

Then take the teenager (medium rope) who is in that confusing state of life where their emotions and bodies begin to change. If the asked the same question, how can I accept Jesus, and were told that they could not because they were just far too confused and would not be able to complete the tasks required amidst all the confusion.

Then the older adult (long rope) who comes asking the same question and are told that they have done too much wrong in their life and will never be able to do enough to attain salvation.

However that is not the way it is! Any man who calls upon the Lord shall be saved. It is a free gift! So when we come to the Father no matter how small or how confused or how old or how bad we have been we all are equal in God's eyes!

This has probably been done before by others but I just felt as though I should share.

God Bless
Jim
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
That is very nice Jim. Thanks for sharing it.

I have a friend who does the PM, relating the size of the ropes to spiritual maturity, i.e. how long we have been Christians.

I use a patter where I relate the three rope sizes to people in general, covering size, age, and how many times we go to church, or how good we are, etc. as I try to make sure everyone can relate to one of the ropes.

And then, after showing the ropes all the same in God's sight, I close with the ropes brought up into the shape of a cross which allows all of us, no matter the size, or faith, or education, or age, or anything, to all be saved by faith in what Christ did on the cross.

The Cross display at the end was shown to me by New Zealand evangelist, Roy Short. It is easier with a stiffer rope, but can be accomplished with almost any rope. Just drop the two on the outside down to the right and left, and keep the other one between them standing straight up. You may need to experiment with the your ropes to see how long that center one can be, (where you hold it) and still have it stand straight up.

I use both normal white magician's ropes but find no real advantage to them. So I also use a yellow nylon rope I got from Home Depot that is bright and can be seen well, and also stands up very nicely.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
BroDavid -
Thanks for sharing that little "twist" to the PN.
With children, I use the story, that was taught to me, of Short Sam, Medium Mike and Long Larry - relating to their 'lists' of sins.
Thanks also to you Jim for starting the thread and sharing your routine.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Another application... three people brought their sins before God.. one with little sins, one with moderate size.... to God they were all the same in that sin is sin. (now all same length). God forgives the big sins just as He does the 'smaller' sins. (Ropes back to different lengths). So if you feel your sins are too big for God or if you are feeling that your sins are bad enough to trouble God with.. or anything inbetween... remember... with God, sin is sin!

Just my twist on it.... Smile
davejesc
View Profile
New user
David Juraschek
83 Posts

Profile of davejesc
I like these routines.

Jim and Pastorclyde, can I have permission to use this?

-Dave
Illusions4Life
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
128 Posts

Profile of Illusions4Life
Dave, please feel free to use it if you like.

That is one of the reasons I posted it.

God Bless
Jim
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Really nice routines!
Thanks for sharing.
I have been using the different sins routine myself as mentioned above.
It works very nicely too.
Daniel Faith
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Another gospel application is how bad company corrupts good character. A good person spending enough time with 'bad' people (you know what I mean) will become just like them, you won't see any difference in them. So be careful who your friends are.
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Palm Bay, FL
382 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
I have used the professor's nightmare as an illustration for God's gift of salvation.

First you show the long piece of rope speaking of those who have walked with God faithful for many years.
They have found joy, peace and forgiveness.

Then you show the short piece speaking of the those have first come to know God and they too find joy, peace and forgiveness.

After this you show the medium rope explaining that,
No matter how long we have served God here on earth, the gift of salvation is equal to us all. All have found joy, peace and forgiveness. (At this point you make all three ropes the same size.)

We can not earn our salvation. For the things of God are a gift. Some may say this is not fair. It may not appear to be fair but He is a just God. Willing to give to all who ask.

For it was the thief on the cross whom asked for forgiveness at the very moment of death. He received the same salvation of those who are faithful for a life time. (At this point you pull out the small piece of rope and show the others to be of different sizes
once again.)

Let's not forget salvation is a gift.

Steve Hart
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Just wondered back in here and saw my name referenced- yes, please use anything I contribute in the Café! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Gospel Application for Professor's Nightmare (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL