We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crib box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Ok, I have been thinking of a sweet crib for the BOA and didn't want a tossing cloth like I have for the WA or just a book marker..... So I was thinking about how I was to present it.... I wouldn't just pull the book out of my pocket or reach into a case..... So I thought that keeping the BOA in an old worn wooden box as is the norm for some props would be nice. I want to put the crib on the box. What would look better?

1. Having the crib engraved or burn into the top of the lid.
2. Make a (aged) sticker type of crib that is just peeled and placed on the box.
3. Instead of a Crib on the lid, how about inside of the lid? If I wanted, no one would see the inside of the lid as I remove it and then lean it against the box, while the crib is facing me.
4. I have a tree of life looking crib right now. I thought since the book answered questions about life, then why not use the tree of life (reworked) for a crib.

Thoughts?

Ray
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Oy, Ray! I have an old nice-looking wooden writing box with a crib (not the BOA crib) taped to the inside of the lid. I cannot tell you if the specs can see it, although I do what I can with the angles, but if they have seen the paper, no one has ever asked. It would be much cooler to have an aged paper crib or a wood burning; much more in character.
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2160 Posts

Profile of RCP
Ray, Have you considered an antique wooden lap desk? Put a talking board on the lid with the crib hidden in the background.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, RCP wrote:
Ray, Have you considered an antique wooden lap desk? Put a talking board on the lid with the crib hidden in the background.

I would love to have a talking board with the crib in the background. But, my better half has told me time and time again that she don't want a talking board in the house.... If I ever brought one home, she will take it to the back yard and chop it up and set fire to it... Something about the devil and stuff like that. So I am limited in some of the things that I can do. My brother has the dark board and he offered to sell it to me for cheap.....but it to would end up being chopped and burn... Oh well.

A lap desk is kind of big from what I have seen on Google. But I love the idea of mixing the talking board with a crib... That would rock...

Ray
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 28, 2017, YitzhakNoDice wrote:
Oy, Ray! I have an old nice-looking wooden writing box with a crib (not the BOA crib) taped to the inside of the lid. I cannot tell you if the specs can see it, although I do what I can with the angles, but if they have seen the paper, no one has ever asked. It would be much cooler to have an aged paper crib or a wood burning; much more in character.

I have thought of making an old looking scroll or pachment with the crib. But I am now leaning toward having the box with the crib on it. It is a toss up between wood burning or craving the crib.

I have also thought about having one or two wisdom sticks with the crib craved or burn into them. These sticks were used by the elders of (make up story later). But you get the idea.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Crib box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL