The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Introduction & thank you! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
177 Posts

Profile of Station10
I must confess . . . this group is my guilty pleasure. Perhaps it is my warped sense of humor, with 23 years working fire/ems I have developed the stereotypical gallows humor that most responders get. We see death, destruction and dismemberment and the only way to keep our sanity is to be able to find the humor in it and laugh at it (which is not to make fun of those in need or suffering pain or to impede our care given).

From the moment I was 15 and saw for the first time Harry Anderson's needle through the arm I started getting hooked. I had the pleasure in my late teens/early 20's on attending several of Eugene Burger's lectures and performances at Fun Inc in Chicago.

I love bizarre and macabre magic.

But alas, even though it speaks to me and I am intrigued by it bizarre magic isn't something I can effectively perform. It just just fit my personality and performance abilities.

But that doesn't mean I can't be a closet bizarrist (is that such a thing?) I can satiate my appetite by hanging out with all you delightfuly strange, mysterious, odd, weird, and freakish people.

Maybe, through the powers of association I will be able to transition into someone who can effectively pull of a bizarre presentation.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5211 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Welcome Station10. Nothing to fear here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q616brD5APg
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Dr SH
View Profile
Elite user
French Spirit in Sydney
413 Posts

Profile of Dr SH
Bienvenue Station 10
You will enjoy this part of the Café
Don't hesitate to ask questions around people are friendly
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Welcome to Spooky.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
You may also wish to attend an ECSS (East Coast Spirit Session) where you can see quite a few on here either hang out, perform or lecture, that way you can drink it all in with no worries of doing anything else except enjoying
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
508 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Welcome and Shalom!
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Schaff
View Profile
Regular user
Fargo, ND
135 Posts

Profile of Schaff
I may be too new to welcome you, but I'm going to anyway Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13144 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Welcome.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Hello welcome!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3285 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Welcome Station 10,

The only thing I see you missing may be the desire to see shock on the faces of your audience. Other than that, give it a try and soon you will be doing bizarre like you were born into it because you have the most important ingredient to start with, gallows humor. Everything else is just technique. If I can help let me know. Everyone here is great to know. (we've already buried the ones that weren't).

By the way, FYI, we have a new funeral option beside burial and cremation. It is more organic than any I know of and we are the only one's offering it at this time. We run your body through the wood chipper. We call it the "Shred and Spread" option.

Weepin' Willie
House of Discount Funerals
"We promise not to have sex with the Dead!"
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
jglumley
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas City
233 Posts

Profile of jglumley
Welcome from Station 19 in KCK.
The "18"
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
177 Posts

Profile of Station10
Thank you every one for the warm welcome. And Weepin' Willie . . . I've seen a few live (well, they used to be live) shred & spread scenes over the course of my career. But yes you are correct I do need to give it a try. I may be surprised how well I can pull off a bizarre performance.
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Introduction & thank you! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL