The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jerome Finley concern? (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Max Wells
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Max Wells
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, Tom Cutts wrote:

I think you overlooked the sarcasm.

Some people tend to do that.
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
...and none of this is to mention his two video projects that he's failed to deliver all or some of.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hey respect jeromeo someone has to make the clouds move with the wind, by their mind force.
he is too busy moving clouds. he doesn't get that they move on their own ok dudes.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Jerome finley's name seems to constantly be associated with this sort of terrible service and taking peoples money without any regard for them. Personally I'd steer clear.

Just my opinion but I don't think he's half as special as people make out. He seems to have made a reputation for being something outstanding, but the material of his that I have seen has been very average to say the least. I've also yet to see him actually perform anything to anyone outside of the magic world.
Paradise
View Profile
Elite user
sheffieldEngland
415 Posts

Profile of Paradise
Just curious why people buy his products has anyone ever seen him perform?
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
742 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Quote:
On May 11, 2017, Paradise wrote:

I have never seen him perform, I found that at least half of his effects were of no use to me, he can write literally hundreds of pages on an effect that can be very clearly explained in under thirty pages and all of it is very expensive. That's the bad.

However, there is good : buying via Mr Amirá is quite safe, the prices have dropped (he is making many offers these days) and I actually perform some of his material (which I consider great) on a regular basis Smile

(you need a taste for a very particular kind of mentalism but, in this niche, he has some of the best thinking)
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Quote:
On May 11, 2017, Nestor D wrote:
Quote:

I have never seen him perform, I found that at least half of his effects were of no use to me, he can write literally hundreds of pages on an effect that can be very clearly explained in under thirty pages and all of it is very expensive. That's the bad.

However, there is good : buying via Mr Amirá is quite safe, the prices have dropped (he is making many offers these days) and I actually perform some of his material (which I consider great) on a regular basis Smile

(you need a taste for a very particular kind of mentalism but, in this niche, he has some of the best thinking)

Which one of his material you perform on a regular basis?

I am going to take a look.
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
742 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
His pulse stop and touches (I am working on two other of his effects in the hope of doing them justice in around a year).
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
Yep Jerome has certainly mastered selling clothes to the emperor that's for sure!
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:

I'm with you paradise. This "legend" status is rife in our industry. So many creators just big each other up and when you look for them there is zero evidence of them ever performing for the general public. I genuinely believe Jerome is one of the worst for this.

As others have said; its like the emperor's new clothes. Lets face it; who spends hundreds of $$ on an ebook and then slates it making them look stupid. And so the myth grows.
magusofpower
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
13 Posts

Profile of magusofpower
I purchased Thought Veil when it was originally released and after waiting for months on end I finally received a signed hard copy. I had already received the pdf copy, but only after contacting him several times. Prior to purchasing Thought Veil, I had purchased and received several other pdf offerings of his. In fact, the first time I made a purchase from Jerome, he sent several additional (typically expensive) ebooks to me as a gift. As time went on, he became increasingly more difficult to contact and then I started reading a multitude of negative posts about him, detailing very unethical business practices. As a middle-aged guy who began learning magic as a child, I recall the all too often feeling of being duped myself after making a purchase based on crafty, misleading ad-copy from a catalog or from a hustling demonstrator at the local magic shop. Forums such as this have at least provided a place where we can inform one another of these things and hold accountable dishonest folks who perpetuate these actions which have become a stigma in our magic community.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Jerome is a fantastic creator and at heart is a good person. His business and customer service skills are lacking. We can’t have it all tho, and I would rather have to deal with poor communication and delays if it meant I would eventually get to read some of his work..... I was listening to his teleseminar on eliciting criteria the other day and he said something which has transformed the way I do readings.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I never had a problem with Jerome. I have purchased most his material directly from him without any problem and some from Amirá site.
His material is amazing and expensive but I am happy to invest on it.
Regards,
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18240 Posts

Profile of IAIN
A lot of people have had money taken with no product in return. If you do any form of readings, I hope you enable your empathic skills.

I used to speak up for Jerome as I thought I understood his issues. I don't think I do anymore...
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1456 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Things really don't change around here do they?
Gumar Oz DuBar
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Gumar Oz DuBar
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2019, magusofpower wrote:
I purchased Thought Veil when it was originally released and after waiting for months on end I finally received a signed hard copy. I had already received the pdf copy, but only after contacting him several times. Prior to purchasing Thought Veil, I had purchased and received several other pdf offerings of his. In fact, the first time I made a purchase from Jerome, he sent several additional (typically expensive) ebooks to me as a gift. As time went on, he became increasingly more difficult to contact and then I started reading a multitude of negative posts about him, detailing very unethical business practices. As a middle-aged guy who began learning magic as a child, I recall the all too often feeling of being duped myself after making a purchase based on crafty, misleading ad-copy from a catalog or from a hustling demonstrator at the local magic shop. Forums such as this have at least provided a place where we can inform one another of these things and hold accountable dishonest folks who perpetuate these actions which have become a stigma in our magic community.

I don't see what your complaint is, you said that you received the book and PDFs you purchased. Why bump a two year old thread?

For the record, I think much of Jerome's material is top notch.
I write and edit text.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
838 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I think it's top notch 2. like the top notch in a 2 out of 10.

But seriously it is sad when tricksters lead people on and trick other magicians about non deliveries, etc. It catches up to you. Honesty and integrity are the best policy.
clairvoyant
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of clairvoyant
There are several products in a row that he's sold and failed to deliver on. Super Mentalism he delivered half of what he promised (3 of 6 videos). He had another video project that he sold through Amira that was never delivered at all. Then, he sold an updated version of True Telepathy, TTX, that he never sent out. Finally, he recently sold one-on-one Skype sessions and then disappeared again. I don't really understand how there was a several page long thread about Mark Elsdon not delivering on products, but this guy seems to get off here without a peep. He had some bad situations arise and I used to feel sorry for them, but that's been awhile ago now and he can't really continue to use that as an excuse.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Just a note on thought veil - what if you could purchase a hypnosis course, change the wording in some parts and sell it as your own in the form of a thick book or pdf. Just a thought.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1621 Posts

Profile of 252life
Too bad Outlaw Effects closed, he could have found a running partner with Roth.
Rick would have considered the last two pages a glowing resume and hired him on the spot.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Jerome Finley concern? (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL