The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Temporarily Out of Order by Patrick Redford (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1901 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Temporarily Out of Order is focused on memorized deck magic and stack work.
It reintroduces The Redford Stack to the world and explores its many possible transformative features.
The Redford Stack may be easily arranged from either a shuffled deck or a freshly opened pack of cards.
It also transforms into a Parallel Stack, Stay Stack/Mirror stack, Si-Stebbins Stack, an alternating red-black stack, and more.
Amazingly, the exact same sequence that sets into Si Stebbins returns the deck to the Redford Stack! The stack appears random and yet is packed full of features.

There are poker deals, blackjack deals, spelling effects, coincidence effects, faro effects, and much more. You'll learn a few of Patrick's favorite false shuffles, false cuts,
and two sneaky deck switches! You'll also learn a handful of tricks that can be done while secretly setting up a borrowed deck into a stack! Many of the effects presented
won't require the user to memorize the Redford order. This will allow it to be put to use immediately. In addition, there are many effects presented that aren't dependent on a specific memorized stack order,
and may be performed with any memorized arrangement!

"Patrick has pushed stack work to a different level. I love what he's done with the pseudo-memorized and the memorized deck."
- Bob Cassidy

"Patrick fooled the crap out of me."
- Tom Gagnon

"I love the idea of a stack that you go in and out of. Bloody Genius! Only Patrick could create such a thing in such a practical way!"
- Ken Dyne

"Patrick has devised another beautifully constructed and truly deceptive set of routines surrounded by a wealth of knowledge. The title effect, 'Temporarily Out of Order,' is a reputation-making marathon of impossible moments. His work on the methods within this book are worth studying."
- Ben Seidman

"Loved it. The title effect, Temporarily Out of Order, is one of the best card tricks I have ever seen."
- Jon Armstrong

"Temporarily Out of Order is filled with gold."
- Mike Powers

More Info:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59497

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Daren
This is a fantastic book! I got my copy last week, now decisions to make whether to learn Redford stack or Woody Aragons?
Boomer
View Profile
Elite user
San Ramon, CA
418 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@Daren,

You would have to go there wouldn't you. Memorandum showed up on my porch today.

Dave
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Daren
Both fantastic books from what I have read so far, I so love Woody's new book, but I also love the multi phase routine from Patrick Redford
Boomer
View Profile
Elite user
San Ramon, CA
418 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@Daren,

Just ordered TooO from Penguin, I was looking for a reason to get the May issue of Penguin Magic Monthly for free.

Dave
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
124 Posts

Profile of Argon
Look people, this is bad timing.
For years there were only two mayor stacks and now the appear everywhere. Can you at least space them out over the year?
What do I choose now?
Cheers
Stefan
dyoung
View Profile
Elite user
414 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Anyone who can comment on what percentage (roughly) is stack independent? ANd how does the stack independent stuff compare to the stack dependent material?

All the best,
Dan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18574 Posts

Profile of IAIN
How technically proficient do you need to be with cards?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Redford is a complete nut!

...In the best way possible!

That might just be opinionated, but his Applesauce is one of the only books on cards that I've read and wanted to learn almost every single effect.

I noticed this thread was devoid of the various performance and demos that he shot.

Allow me to fix that because once you see the video...the ad copy sounds like it's downplaying the material compared to how it really is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgyHkr9xcN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJUbemJ7tDo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz4mGykgiaI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeakE7g_8j4

XX,
-Jacob
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
Thanks Jacob for the links. After watching them I felt the same way I did years ago in my local magic shop picking up my first DVD of card magic. Couldn't remember what it felt like to be a layman...
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2149 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
This is impressive stuff.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18574 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've ordered with magicshop.co.uk...

looking around the UK for prices, it seems to fluctuate quite severely between £46 and a little over £60!
Charlieherbertmagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Charlieherbertmagic
The performance is brilliant! I love Patrick's stuff so will most likely purchase this soon.
Charlie Smile
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford

Thanks for all the excitement! Here's another one of my favorites from the book!
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
The performance is indeed very good. Is the method to assemble the stack doing "some tricks" particular to the Redford Order (or the Order of the Red Ford for that....) or can those tricks be arranged to other setups?
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Can I use some of this ideas with my own stack(the mathers stack)?
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

The book explores a lot of territory. There is a section on generic stack with that may be done with any stack. Some of the title effect may be done with other stacks but not as smoothly as with the Redford stack. My stack was made to.transition between mem stack, stebbins, stay stack, parallel stack, new deck order etc without having to faro shuffle (though that's certainly useful as well). The book focuses a great deal on my stack but 19 of the routines don't require any memory work. In addition it's possible to stack it from a borrowed shuffled deck be quite easily. I explain a handful of techniques to do so some that could translate to other stable some that don't.

It might be of interest that there is a heavy online component to the project that includes instructional video, demonstrations, and a community where folks are already sharing ideas. A clever user just discovered a bunch of Texas Holdem' deals hidden away in the stack and posted his findings. There's also an "easter egg" to be had for those who join in that aspect of The Redford Stack project.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
Thank you for the extensive reply Master Redford. This is most helpful. I think I am now convinced...lets go convince my wallet.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
Louis1974
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Louis1974
The effects look fantastic...I just ordered the book! Although you may not need to as mentioned above, I'd like to know if you can use the faro shuffle to get in and out of the stack. Since a couple of years ago, I have developed a strong interest in that shuffle! thx.
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1733 Posts

Yes you can!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Temporarily Out of Order by Patrick Redford (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL