The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deceit Treat by Cameron Francis (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
New download from Penguin:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8461

It uses a borrowed shuffled deck, and it's only $4.95~
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Cameron's stuff is usually excellent. Think I'll give this one a try.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Just purchased and watched.

I hate to admit... I was fooled by the performance.

I hate to admit that because it's SO simple. I will definitely be using this one. It's too simple to pass up. Especially because the impact it will have will be way greater than the effort involved.

Madison
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
I'm tempted to purchase but I suspect the actual method is the same as a trick I created several years ago. I did it as a challenge to myself to take a very old (and disregarded) method and actually make it entertaining and deceptive. The trailer cuts out most of the spectator procedure so it's impossible to say for sure. If I knew it was different then I would likely snap this up.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On May 12, 2017, robvh wrote:
I'm tempted to purchase but I suspect the actual method is the same as a trick I created several years ago. I did it as a challenge to myself to take a very old (and disregarded) method and actually make it entertaining and deceptive. The trailer cuts out most of the spectator procedure so it's impossible to say for sure. If I knew it was different then I would likely snap this up.

Sent you a PM.
FroBodine
View Profile
New user
Brentwood, CA (not the OJ one)
21 Posts

Profile of FroBodine
Is it a "You do as I do" type effect? I haven't watched the video yet (I'm at work and can't), so just curious.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On May 12, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
Just purchased and watched.

I hate to admit... I was fooled by the performance.

I hate to admit that because it's SO simple. I will definitely be using this one. It's too simple to pass up. Especially because the impact it will have will be way greater than the effort involved.

Madison

+1....I like it!
tgeorges
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of tgeorges
Quote:
On May 12, 2017, FroBodine wrote:
Is it a "You do as I do" type effect? I haven't watched the video yet (I'm at work and can't), so just curious.

Unfortunately, the video does not show a performance of the trick
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
No it's not a do as I do effect.

They shuffle the cards, split into three piles, choose one like to work with, freely select a card from the pile. It gets shuffled in by the magician and spectator. The spectator tries to find their card and fails showing how difficult it is. They then had the magician the cards one at a time while his head is turned. Suddenly the magician stops them and says he knows it is their card. He is right.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, guys!

Thanks for the interest!

What's cool about the method is its versatility. You can present this in so many different ways.

The principle is not mine but I give credit where it's due.

Hope you guys enjoy it!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Thought this was great. Nice work Cameron!

You really can't go wrong here if you're looking for something simple and strong with a borrowed shuffled deck.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Is this the same trick as described in Cameron's ebook "Pasteboard Proclivities' on page 11?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

It's an updated handling. Although I go over the handling in the ebook as well.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I fooled a magician with it a while ago when I had learnt it in the book but still bought it.

Why ? Because it's Francis & I love watching any new updates he adds to effects.

Incidentally me & the magician couldn't work out how it was working lol.

Another winner from Cameron.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
This is a sweet trick Smile Definitely going into my top 5 (fasdiu quick, can I see a trick, tricks)
Can make this look really impossible with all the shuffling.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Nice trick. FASDIU. Very fair. Easy. Deceptive. Works every time. Worth $5 to me.
Pointyskull
View Profile
New user
Chicago IL
20 Posts

Profile of Pointyskull
Best 5$ I have spent in a loooong time.
Just an absolutely wonderful trick that is so simple yet so confounding, perfect for those "here's some cards - do a trick" moments.

Plus, Cameron provides a couple of variations on how to perform.

Well done, sir.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thank you! And thanks to everyone who has purchased. I am blown away by the response!
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1149 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
Fantastic trick... well worth the money.

I'll definitely be using this.

Thanks Cameron!
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Believe it or not- I was not familiar with the origins of this trick and surprised myself with it. Like Cameron stated, the original is very good but too much dealing. I like this release plus the principal application has unlimited potential. Recommended
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Deceit Treat by Cameron Francis (36 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL