The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHAME by Docc Hilford (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm a little confused...is this a single card thing that can be taken out of a regular deck, OR is it an entire gimmicked deck that you ring in and out? Big difference...
I've asked to be banned
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
The site is available again.
pacozaa
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of pacozaa
Is it good for stage or walk around?
cboscari
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of cboscari
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, IAIN wrote:
I'm a little confused...is this a single card thing that can be taken out of a regular deck, OR is it an entire gimmicked deck that you ring in and out? Big difference...

The site is back up, I'm only halfway through the videos. The gimmick is applied to the deck. Docc says as much in his video, and I'll leave it at that, other than to say it is very clever, and if you are a magician using cards, or a mentalist comfortable using them, it's an excellent general purpose tool. If you are a hardcore sleight of hand guy, you could duplicate some of what the deck does, BUT the deck makes those sleights unnecessary. I still think it's subscriber list only, so I won't say much more other than that, hoping I already haven't already broken etiquette.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
It may not be using rough and smooth but it will be using something similar ish to accomplish these effects imo Tarik 😊
Dreda
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Invisible ? No.

You can remove SHAME gimmick and use as a 100% normal deck ? If by "remove" you mean "s**t*h" yes but you can say that for whatever you want in that case.

TA Waters has a gimmick deck of this type but more "invisible". Is Shame a new gimmick ? Not for me.

Otherwise, the routines are excellent.

This is not what I expected but the videos are interesting.

Just my 2 cents
BCE
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of BCE
Can anyone recommend a good ****** (PM, please or is this downstairs?) to use in prepping the gimmick, and if A's (or no-names) work better than B's? I tried with B's and it has been huge fail. Using A's seem to be the closest match to what's on the video.

Definitely good for parlor and strolling/walk around.

Suitability for 1-on-1 (at this point) depends upon quality of the gimmick.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

Can the "gimmick" be applied easily enough to jumbo cards for stage performance or is it only for normal cards? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I too am interested whether this could be applied to Jumbo Cards?
Dandin
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Dandin
How can he says "they write the card names on billets" and "nothing written" in the same ad?
Anyway, everything that is mentioned can be done using information from The Jinx, so even if the method is new, the effects are not.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
It's funny looking at threads like this I'm not on the Café regularly - you begin to see patterns. Firstly, pricing. This isn't priced to keep it out of the hands of the merely curious, it's priced to make you "value" the secret. Ancient technique. If it was about keeping it out the hands of the merely curious then how come EVERY Docc advert is an enticement to the merely curious? They're ALL about sowing seeds of impossibility and designed to hook secret seekers.

Years ago I bought a booklet on cold reading from Joe Riding for £5. I later bought his video course on tarot for £15. In that realm of readings, I've never had anything meet that for value OR practicality as I've used information from both in every reading I've done. I've learnt the hard way that over-priced is nothing to do with product and everything to do with elitism. Unless it's a prop that you pretty much know what it does OR a collection of routines in book form (say, like, the Elmsley tomes) then price is usually an indication that it's designed to make you think it's worth it rather than actually being worth it.

And for a bunch of people who harp on about "secrets" not being the "secret" to magic and mentalism there isn't half a lot of fishing on this thread as to what the "secret" might be.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This should have been called ‘no shame’ judging by the reviews and price.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2017, pegasus wrote:
This should have been called ‘no shame’ judging by the reviews and price.

Shameless.

Like I said in another thread. It’s back for $39
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I have this. It’s very interesting. The price is right.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I have this as well, and I'm pleased with the "secret."

I also believe this "could" be applied to jumbo cards, for some of the routines... like the three billet test. But depending on your proficiency with handling larger cards, might be a bit unwieldly...

However, part of what makes some of these tricks work, is the fact the deck is only in play for a little while and "forgotten," so a jumbo deck might call undue attention by its very nature of being a large, odd sized pack of cards.

It's mentalism, or mental magic, so the focus isn't on the cards, they're just the necessary something you need to bring about your miracle.

I won't say more, except it's kind of fun to watch folks guess at method. Shame is very clever, and you'd be hard-pressed to tumble to the secret.

~Oscar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SHAME by Docc Hilford (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL