The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria 2 by Fraser Parker (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1346 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is Fraser Parker's newest release to the community.

If you're familiar with Fraser's original Memoria routine, you'll know what the effect is. However, in this version, Fraser has eliminated the need for a deck of cards.

The effect is as follows: A spectator thinks of a color associated with their star sign. The performer then lists basic categories of memories the spectator can think of for each color. For example, the performer would say something along the lines of, "if you are thinking of the color red, think of a memory that has to do with passion or love or someone close to you, if you're thinking of the color blue, think of a memory that revolves around your work place, etc." As a matter of fact, the performer even tells the spectator they can think of ANY memory that the color makes them think of. The performer then reveals personal information about the memory to the spectator and the spectator confirms the performer is getting it right. The spectator is then asked, "Would you like to think of a different memory?" When they say yes, the performer simply says, "Okay great, then do that now and imagine all the surroundings of the new memory." (Yes, it is that clean.) The performer now describes the details of the memory out loud and nails the exact memory they are thinking of with no ambiguity. In the process, the performer also names their star sign for a double whammy hit at the end.

I think this is a great step forward from Memoria. The booklet is loaded with information. You learn the basic outline of the original Memoria routine followed by how to know someone's star sign based on a color association, followed by how to know what color someone is thinking of without them saying a single thing, then you learn the Memoria 2 routine, then you learn how to combine the routine with the star sign reveal from earlier for a two punch kicker ending.

There is a bit of DR involved in the routine, but both parties will still be amazed at the end of the routine and have no idea how you did it. There are some really nice moments in here which make a relatively simple idea into a showpiece which genuinely looks like the real deal.

for 30 pounds, you can't go wrong

http://www.fraserparker.co.uk/mamu.htm

Madison
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Thank you for the review, Madison! This is soooo good! Smile
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of mindguru
This sounds good, I was wondering if there are any more reviews.

Is this dificult to learn and once learnt is it easy to perform.

Also can the memory and star sign be acquired quite quickly, as this can make a difference when dealing with people who have short attention spans.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
Since I was involved in the creation of Memoria 2 and the star sign reveal, I might obviously be biased, but I think this is very, very easy to perform IF you have some experience in performing and presenting mentalism.

You could do it pretty quickly, but I think the premise is so interesting that if you can't grab someone's attention with it, you would be better of not performing this for them Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2205 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I echo everything that was said above.

Being a fan of Fraser's work, and having performed Memoria loads of times.

This to me was GOLD, since it takes it away from the cards, and simply propless, mental, which I think is always the best.

Memoria 2 is a great addition even if you don't know Memoria the first one, since it is different since no playing cards are even shown.

Everything exists inside the mind of the spectator, yet you are able to determine information, as Madison said.

Great work from Fraser as always.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3446 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I still prefer my own version of memoria largely due to familiarity and having performed it so many times. However this is really nice and there is some very clever thinking here. I also like that you can perform just the memory or the star sign reveal as stand alone effects or you can tie them together.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
We're going to send a review copy to the first 10 people that PM me.

Thanks,
Adrien.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Memoria 2 is a big step forward from the already brilliant original version.

Basically with this effect you're getting a genius way that is nearly self working to get someone's star sign AS WELL as reveal a memory that's thought of.

This is extremely well thought out and logical, none of the typical letters stuff that you find in this type of work.

Pick it up!

XX,
-Jacob
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Well I am tempted seeing as it doesn't sound convoluted, like some other methods.

I was also wondering how effective and convincing is the star sign reveal.
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
There are still a few review copies available, just send me a PM Smile
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Quote:
On May 18, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
However, in this version, Fraser has eliminated the need for a deck of cards.

I wonder if it was designed this way in order to avoid having to use the JOO deck?
Pixelated
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Pixelated
I received a review copy of Memoria 2, and have to admit that I'm really impressed with the thinking.

I never read the original piece, but this doesn't matter. Memoria 2 is very well written and easy to follow. It's not something that I felt confident to perform straight after reading it, but that's due to me never having worked with star signs before.

The routine is fully credited (which is very important to me) and is something that I will definitely be earning and road testing.

Well done Fraser and Adrien!
Adrien L.
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Adrien L.
All review copies sent!
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
Manchester, United Kingdom
280 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Finished reading Memoria 2 today. Two words: It's amazing!

The pdf is only 21 pages long but don't let that sway you away from this, despite it's length every aspect is carefully and intricately detailed while still being extremely easy to read. This small booklet is literally bursting with information.

I would say for the experienced performer these routines, whether you choose to use just Adrien's Star Sign divination or the whole Memoria 2 routine, this will be a breeze however as with everything a bit more practice is required for the less seasoned performers.

The routines are 100% surefire and would be near impossible to mess up, the majority of the effort goes towards scripting the routines correctly. The method is both deceptive and effective! While there is DR used, it is all justified and will fly.

If for some reason you don't find the two routines included appealing to you, not to worry as the method can be applied to almost anything. Plus there are principles in here from World class mentalists such as Peter Turner and Michael Murray that will take your Mentalism to the next level!

Don't look any further. For £30 this is a steal. Get your orders in!

Great work Adrien & Fraser.

-Tom
Mentalistry | Providing quality material to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
iLeW
View Profile
New user
Italy
17 Posts

Profile of iLeW
I came accross with Fraser's works about one year ago, when I bought ROSE and for the first time I had got a piece of prop-less mentalism that was (and is) a true worker. I fell in love with Fraser's works instantly, and today I'm here to write something about Memoria 2. I don't own the first Memoria but after the first reading of this evolution, I can state that it could be performed instantly and flawlessly, even for everyone that missed the first Memoria.

Inside you will find many principles (coming from great thinkers) working perfectly togheter. And I think that this is a true added value. If you are accustomed to Fraser's works (or the current prop-less publications) you will understand instantly the reason of the various steps needed to reach the final revelation.

All you need in order to perform Memoria 2 is described inside the PDF. Plus, along the principles mentioned above, there are three of them (two from Fraser and Ross Tayler and one from Peter Turner) that are explained more in details, free for you.

The last thing I want to say is that the most beautiful thing about this (and other Fraser's works as well as Peter, Ross, Michael etc... ) is that, at least for me, are a joy to perform, very fun, very engaging and, if you want to go behind the words and the script you find on the paper, even very positively challenging.

Cheers
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
I have to echo what everyone else has said about Memoria 2 so far. Disclaimer: I have received a review copy and do not own the original.

That being said, this PDF does go over the original briefly and discusses how it used cards in conjunction with a memory reveal. In this new edition, instead of the extra kicker being a card revelation, you are able to reveal the participant's star sign. This is obviously a much stronger ending.
Many principles are discussed in this short PDF from the greats such as Peter Turner and Michael Murray along with Ross Tayler whom of which I own many of their works. Ever since Ouija, I have obtained almost every release from the Fraser and Ross duo as well as from Peter and Michael. That being said, nothing was really new to me in terms of principles or methods. That's not to say that this wouldn't be worth it for those that had previous releases from these creators, though. The touches that Adrien adds to the manuscript are refreshing and take these principles in different, creative directions. You can take these principles from this manuscript and apply them to other realms of mentalism (I know that phrase is overused but it is correct in this case) and it can add a new flavor to your performance so that your audience doesn't see the same procedures over and over again.

Plus it's entirely propless... something that I can't get enough of... Smile
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1354 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I have a copy, and will leave a review later on.

PS - This is good !!!
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
info@olivierboes.com
Jason Messina
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Jason Messina
Boy, this is good. I actually liked the thinking behind Memoria, but this is light years ahead in terms of simplicity and process. You get a surefire way to tell someone's star sign, but this can be much more than that.

There is a lot of powerful info packed into just 21 pages. While this is a great way to get a person's star sign without them saying a word more importantly it's a great toolbox of principles and techniques that can be applied in a lot of different ways. I'm already starting to work out how you could use this as a way to tell what item on a table someone is just thinking of, without saying a word. Or you could have someone mentally select a celebrity out of a bunch of photos. There are a ton of possibilities to get excited about. Nice work by Fraser and Adrien. There are also some very nice touches from Peter Turner to round out the routine and close the book.

I did receive this as a review copy, but would have purchased it and been very happy with my purchase. Look forward to exploring the concepts in practice soon.
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of mindguru
I received a review copy and have digested it.

I found some really good thinking in this pdf. I feel that the method to achieve a memory revelation is good, you will have to make sure that you remember the process and also the spectator follows correctly. As there is a part which cannot be repeated as it would become obvious.

The method also gives you a star sign revelation that is guaranteed. I have a lot of star sign revelations and this method personally wouldn't be my first choice, but it will work and I believe will be great for some people.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
124 Posts

Profile of Argon
Hi guys,

as a disclamer I have Memoria 1 (but did not receive a review copy ;-() and received Memoria 2 as a review copy.

For everyone who has Version 1 this is way different. Actually only the effect and name are the same. The method is different.
This is a psychologial method which is 95% sure. The better you are in this type of effect the better the results.

What I really like is tat this feels like a jam session of some of Englands greatest jung mentalism minds. You have Michael Murray, Peter Turner, Ross Taylor and sneak in on subtley by the famous Devin Knight (If you have not yet, get his Penguin Lecture).

Now take something from everyone to acceive a miracle and you have Memoria 2. The combination is fun to perform and hard hiting!

More than just perform this effect, you can take this as an example on how to create an effect: I knew most subtleties before reading this and never considered combining them into this cool effect like Parker and Adrien have done.

You can even take elements of this and use them in your own effects or perfomances.

All in all I think this is the kind of offering that opens your mind and that our mentalism comunity needs more of.

Cheers
Stefan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Memoria 2 by Fraser Parker (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL