The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bob Solari and The Trickery --Spy Before You Buy 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
"Spy Before You Buy 3" is a video demonstration of 40-50 effects. You may want to skip to the next topic after finding out this isn't a review of a trick, but I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice.

If you've ever downloaded a demonstration video, you know how long they can take and how small and grainy the final picture is. This video (Spy Before You Buy) allows you to see dozens of effects performed at a single sitting. Close-up tricks, inexpensive tricks that would be great as gifts, and larger parlor/stage effects are demonstratd. Coin workers might also want to check out 3
beautiful sets of Okito boxes.

I think the real value of the tape is the "big ticket" items. Just this month I got burned for a ten-dollar magic purchase (See the Zinger thread.). As infuriating as that is, I'd hate to think how I'd feel if that had happened with a ninety-dollar purchase! Bob and Howie occasionally give you insight into how an effect works, which helps you to make an informed decision.

Bob and Howie have fun, and there were several points when I laughed out loud. The video comes with a discount coupon to help recover the small 8 dollar price of the tape. If it keeps you from buying something you'll never use, I think it's worth it.
Mr. Magician
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Mr. Magician
I completely agree with Darrin.

This video is a must-buy, in my opinion.

They show the tricks and they reveal some of them in this volume, which are: Watch and Wear, Double Barrel, The Wizard of Odd, El Duco´s "On the board," the Mikame Treasure Box, and a few more.

They have a lot of fun doing the tricks, which makes the video even more fun.

Highly recommended!
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1323 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I recently picked up all three videos and felt that they were easilly worth double what I paid for them! Exposure and insight to hundreds of effects on the market was invaluable to me. After viewing, I picked up many close-up items that I wasn't even aware of. The tapes themselves are 3 hours each and packed with hardcore magic demos. It took me over a week to get through all of them. I have all 3 available in the for sale area of the site for half price if anyone is interested.
lawrenceng
View Profile
New user
Calgary
84 Posts

Profile of lawrenceng
Hi all,
Was just wondering the tapes have Bob Solari's Ultimate Ring Capture on it as well. Looking for a ring flight effect. Thanks y'all. Smile
thanks y'all
lawrenceng
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
They are both great guys, and the vids are at times funny as well. I thought everybody was getting these or I would have mentioned them months ago. They contain several effects that are killers but never get much mention on most of the dealer sites. Double barrel is a real slayer, and the Jacks is very funny in the right hands, and don't forget Fool's monte. They include a buisness card trick, and a couple others for free,
so you even get free tricks on the video.

Buy them all 1, 2 and make sure to get3.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Bob Solari and The Trickery --Spy Before You Buy 3 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL