The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » COLOR CHANGING ROSE (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GS121002
View Profile
Loyal user
but he still can't help build a border wall with only
267 Posts

Profile of GS121002
An old time magician friend of mine (Phil the Magnificent) died and left me some of his magic treasures. Among them was a Color Changing Rose effect that I would like to know a little more about.

It is a parlor effect that roughly goes like this:

The magician produces or brings out a white rose, allows the audience to examine it, then puts the stem into a wooden base then places a glass dome over the white rose. There is no way anyone can touch or switch out the rose. He then covers the glass dome with a silk and moments later removes it to display a red rose. (I am sure there is some Beauty and the Beast patter that would work really well here.)

I was amazed to see this magic actually work under my own eyes. I don't know where my friend got it but I believe it is an effect from the 40's or 50's.

Is anyone familiar with it? Can you give me some history about the effect? I don't want to reveal the workings on a public forum but you can PM me privately if needed.

Gary Salisbury
San Diego, CA

IT'S A FACT! - Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
CREDIS QUOD HABES ET HABES! - What you believe is real, is real!
WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN AND WHAT IS HE ALL ABOUT? - https://www.pinterest.com/garydsalisbury/
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Gary... did you find any information on this?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » COLOR CHANGING ROSE (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL