The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EVANESCE by Mike Liu (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
I just placed my order
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
I jumped-in because of Jonathan's (stargazer) glowing recommendation. We seem to think alike. Hopefully, this device will be a winner...we shall see next week.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1105 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2017, Jared wrote:
I jumped-in because of Jonathan's (stargazer) glowing recommendation. We seem to think alike. Hopefully, this device will be a winner...we shall see next week.



LOL - StarManager, not Stargazer! Either way - I know you'll love this!

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Special user
974 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
So it's not clear to me the video/description. Is this only for ditching, or can it be used to retrieve the coin again (or originally), like the Blackbird?

Can it only hold one coin at a time, or can it hold more (how many)?
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1105 Posts

Profile of StarManager
One coin ditching ad retrieving. Blackbird can ditch well but retrieving with that is not so easy for me. I love this compared to BB as BB is a one dump and this is easily reloaded even in front of spectator. Use a coin dropper and take coins as you need them, load into the band by raising hand to show empty - produce, repeat!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2575 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Cant ditch with the blackbird ??? Balckbird is only for retrieving I thought ??
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received mine last night and thought I'd share my thoughts. Firstly, I do like the concept because it really is easier than traditional sleeving and similarly effortless to retrieve the coin. I understand why they added the buckles because you have a gap underneath the band for the coin or small object to slide into. The buckles help to create the illusion that you are wearing it 'loose' (space on either side) when in fact it is actually quite secure to your wrist.

I'm probably slightly smaller than an average guy at 5'9" and 164 lbs. While the bracelet didn't look ridiculous it did feel rather chunky...It does contain a serious amount of leather. I don't see myself wearing this with a T-shirt and jeans but I honestly could get away with it. For myself, it has more to do with feeling comfortable (I don't normally wear bracelets).

IMO the creator should have offered two designs to the market: (1) the current "street" version, and (2) a stealth (low-profile) "dress" version meant to be worn under a suit jacket sleeve. This version is really too large and bulky to fit comfortably under a jacket sleeve. However, I noticed that the buckles CAN be removed. It looks like they are held in place with tiny Phillips head screws. That said, I'm wondering if anyone has tried removing the buckles to see how well it fits under a jacket sleeve? Assuming that your wrist isn't too large it will be held securely (on your wrist) with just the Velcro attachment alone.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who made modifications. But conceptually speaking this does work really well.
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
I received mine but I haven't tried it out yet because of my work schedule but I was able to watch part of the video. One thing that I noticed that I like is that you can control when the coin drops into your hand where in just sleeving, the moment you drop your hand, the coin comes out.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
Agreed, functionality wise this device works quite well. You can gesture with your hands more openly than with traditional sleeving without any fear of the coin or small object falling out at an inopportune time.
Nat
View Profile
Special user
501 Posts

Profile of Nat
Regarding the needed "space" near the bracelet, what about a long sleeve buttoned shirt? Perhaps the diameter of the shirt cuff could be extended. Thought? Thanks. Nat


Quote:
On Jun 13, 2017, Jared wrote:
I received mine last night and thought I'd share my thoughts. Firstly, I do like the concept because it really is easier than traditional sleeving and similarly effortless to retrieve the coin. I understand why they added the buckles because you have a gap underneath the band for the coin or small object to slide into. The buckles help to create the illusion that you are wearing it 'loose' (space on either side) when in fact it is actually quite secure to your wrist.

I'm probably slightly smaller than an average guy at 5'9" and 164 lbs. While the bracelet didn't look ridiculous it did feel rather chunky...It does contain a serious amount of leather. I don't see myself wearing this with a T-shirt and jeans but I honestly could get away with it. For myself, it has more to do with feeling comfortable (I don't normally wear bracelets).

IMO the creator should have offered two designs to the market: (1) the current "street" version, and (2) a stealth (low-profile) "dress" version meant to be worn under a suit jacket sleeve. This version is really too large and bulky to fit comfortably under a jacket sleeve. However, I noticed that the buckles CAN be removed. It looks like they are held in place with tiny Phillips head screws. That said, I'm wondering if anyone has tried removing the buckles to see how well it fits under a jacket sleeve? Assuming that your wrist isn't too large it will be held securely (on your wrist) with just the Velcro attachment alone.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who made modifications. But conceptually speaking this does work really well.
ofrmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of ofrmagic
Starmanager my question is if I get it can I redo the outside say as a watch make it look more normal
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1105 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2017, ofrmagic wrote:
Starmanager my question is if I get it can I redo the outside say as a watch make it look more normal



You certainly could do anything to the outside. I thought about using just Velcro on the top and on the back of an apple watch - stick it on. As you work with this you will find out that sometimes you'll use the "bottom" of the band to the top of your wrist for various vanishes. That's why the watch thing doesn't work for me. Makes no sense to have the watch on top of your wrist and then inside your wrist a minute later. But That only matters if you get "advanced" with this tool.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
Are you kidding me! I just put this thing on and I can do the vanishes, reproductions and copper/silver with no practice. And it does fit nicely and comfortably under my dress jacket sleeve. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made. It fits my wrist right out of the box and works very well with half dollars and quarters. I will be using this at the restaurant this Saturday to make what I already do completely clean. Even the vanish of a borrowed coin and then appearance from someone's ear, just got completely clean using this.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Mine's supposed to arrive this weekend . Da,mn you guys seem to have lots of fun with this , can't wait to try mine on . It'll not only be a great tool but also a stylish accesssory .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, dennye wrote:
Are you kidding me! I just put this thing on and I can do the vanishes, reproductions and copper/silver with no practice. And it does fit nicely and comfortably under my dress jacket sleeve. This is probably the best purchase I have ever made. It fits my wrist right out of the box and works very well with half dollars and quarters. I will be using this at the restaurant this Saturday to make what I already do completely clean. Even the vanish of a borrowed coin and then appearance from someone's ear, just got completely clean using this.


Interesting...I'll be honest, I didn't even try it while wearing a jacket because it seemed a bit bulky. I was planning to remove the buckles so that it wouldn't be too 'tight' under the jacket sleeve. But you're right, it does work really well. I was never very good at sleeving but this makes you look like you've been doing it successfully for years.
coinme
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of coinme
Hey guys,i found another review here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XlvU7t6tbI
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
The key to performing with this for family in friends is not to approach them right away and tell them you want to show them a new trick. They are already going to be wondering what is on your wrist so you need to wear this around them for a while so they get used to you wearing it as a normal thing before you use it with them. I only show magic for my family and friends whenever they asked to see something which is hardly ever so this is not an issue for me. I usually perform for strangers at restaurants or out in public who I know would love to see some magic, who don't know my style. So I will be wearing this around my family and friends for at least a few months before anyone will ask me to see a magic trick. Also Jared, your right; It doesn't look like it fits in your sleeve so it also acts as an optical illusion for an added bonus. By the way, my wife said it isn't me and not my style and she don't like it, but I love it and I have already claimed it as my style. Sorry honey..It must be a mid-life crisis seemed to work for me! Have fun with this...
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1404 Posts

Profile of Jared
I decided that it wasn't for me but I do love the concept and functionality. I hope that the creator introduces a new version that is a bit more conservative looking or a "dress" style specifically to wear under a suit jacket sleeve.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1105 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2017, Jared wrote:
I decided that it wasn't for me but I do love the concept and functionality. I hope that the creator introduces a new version that is a bit more conservative looking or a "dress" style specifically to wear under a suit jacket sleeve.


Jared, with an exact knife and a drop or two of superglue you can put the mechanism into any band on Amazon you like. Search for Leather wrist cuff and make sure you have at least 1.5" width. Buy the Evenesce product and transfer the guts to your new band.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
I absolutely love this thing. I just added strike vanish, show hands completely empty and then shake out of pen cap. Other things I want to add that is not on the video are coins thru table and crayon thru quarter, and improve on the material that I already have. This thing absolutely rocks! And yes, I agree with StarManager that you can make your own if you decide you don't like the style. But for me, I am just happy that I can do completely clean vanishes that I always dreamed of doing that I could never do before.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EVANESCE by Mike Liu (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL