The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Will Tsai - AGT. Mind=Blown (119 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
I am a bit disappointed as well. The cameraman definitely made the effect worse.
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
I am an old charity show magician.
Just now stumbled onto this thread and want to add my 2 cents:
When I first saw Will's matrix routine I thought "Oh my gosh, I want that table! Even if I never performed with it! Kinda like wanting Ken Klosterman's light and heavy chest, or the Mona Lisa.

I also had the exact same thoughts as MH1001 about it being too perfect and wished he had stayed with card cover or hand cover matrix then I would be left wondering "was this mechanical or was this some great sleight of hand method never seen before"?
My emotions are mixed on this because I'm also glad he did it the way he did so I can sleep at night knowing it was mechanical and/or electronic, but I still try to dream how it was done. That being said it will remain one of 5 or 6 most memorable effects that I enjoyed the most when it happened.

The first was the dental dam trick that Al Cohen called "Pop".
The second was Mark Wilson doing the Zig Zag illusion on TV.
The third was Peter Tappan doing his floating metal cube high into the audience.
The fourth was David Copperfield doing his Flying Illusion.
The fifth was Daniel Garcia doing his "Torn" card illusion.
And now the sixth is Will Tsai doing his Coin Matrix.

Will, thank you so much for this!
Nothing but love.
glowball
View Profile
Special user
Nashville TN
846 Posts

Profile of glowball
Cardwiz posted:
"I agree, kind of like when a mentalist fools a volunteer and an audience differently with the same trick, the audience is fooled with this incredible table that is cleaned up for TV."

Good post Cardwiz. Kinda like David Blaine's first TV special levitation effect.

This puts a damper on my enthusiasm for his coin matrix, however I would still like to own his table.
Upperstrange
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Upperstrange
Now guys take a look at this Instagram link :- https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgql88Mn1Xo/......xcql4595
And also this :- https://www.instagram.com/p/BgIfLQflitg/......u3z2ywqv
This is a guy named Raffi kazama. He somehow managed to build the same with a regular black piece of clothing and no table hiding anything. So I don't think there's anything to do with the table. The performance was indeed legit!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Will Tsai - AGT. Mind=Blown (119 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL