We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Brown and Delgaudio (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I was in NYC this weekend to see Derek Delgaudio's In and of Itself and Derren Brown Secret. 2 of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Derek's show isn't so much a magic show....but a show that contains magic and uses story-telling to really make you think about your role in the world. Secret is well....I can't tell you...it's a secret. But I CAN say that it's absolutely fantastic and you will be utterly amazed.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
105 Posts

Profile of Melies
Ditto! Sadly, Derren's first North American theatrical run has ended. But I spoke with him briefly after the show, and it sounds as though we can expect another Broadway show in future!

Derek Dalgaudio's show is still playing, however, and I highly recommend it. There are not many effects in the show; but the performance as a whole has tremendous aesthetic integrity and the ending is knock-out. I found the show deeply moving, from the moment I walked into the theater. In my opinion, this is where our discipline should be headed, toward magic as a serious form of theater. Like a handful of others before him, like Rene Lavand, Derek reminds us that magic can be an elevating and sublime art. This is not to say that astonishing people isn't a wonderful thing in itself. It's only to say that we can be doing far, far more with what we've been given (and have yet to invent).

I also saw Belinda Sinclair this weekend--her sold-out, ongoing parlor show really is a "must" stop for magicians in or visiting New York (available through Brown Paper Tickets). I'll write a review on the Café separately....But suffice it to say that she in addition to being as masterful a sleight of hand artist I personally have ever seen, her show is a wonderfully engaging, intimate experience. I highly recommend it!
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Just say that Derren Brown's Secret is returning to NYC in September for 17 weeks. Just booked tickets in November!
tjackson8685
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tjackson8685
Just saw that Derren Brown's Secret is returning to NYC in September for 17 weeks. Just booked tickets in November!
Roland
View Profile
New user
Arizona
34 Posts

Profile of Roland
We try to keep all New York City regularly running shows up to date on https://www.carnivalofillusion.com/new-york-magic-shows.php If we missed anyone, please send me a note as we'd like to have this as THE source for shows in the City. (If you're interested in Vegas, check out https://www.carnivalofillusion.com/las-vegas-magic-shows.php )
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The marquee says... » » Brown and Delgaudio (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL