The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Diamond Jim Tyler Pieces of Eight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am looking for a source where he teaches this routine. I know I have seen it somewhere but don't remember. I am pretty sure it was not his 1st Penguin Lecture (and I am positive it was way before his second) and it wasn't "Pocket Full of Miracles" as I have never watched that one. I just remember him doing and explaining the routine and I am looking for it t source "all the correct gaffs" and go back over the routine. I am certain I have it somewhere among my videos and DVDs, I just cannot remember where it was. So any and all references to where he teaches it are welcome. It is one of those things that is driving me kind of nuts Smile Thanks.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4554 suggests that his "Pockets Full of Miracles" contains the instructions for that routine, though it's possible it's on some of his other stuff, if you don't have that one. I don't have, so can't confirm, but it's a starting place.
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
The only source I know is his Pocketful of Miracles video, which I purchased years ago when it was 2 VHS tapes that sold for around $70. Those two videos were combined into the Pocketful of Miracles DVD, one of the best values in magic, and an amazing collection of practical, hard-hitting routines. As for the props, Crate and Barrel used to sell the 'rocks' glass that he uses. The jumbo coin and shell set used to be hard to find, but you should be able to find them with a google search. Diamond Jim used to sell both props himself, but I don't think he does anymore.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Reel Magic Magazine - On demand plus - Lectures.
Its a great routine.

Charlie
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 30, 2017, puggo wrote:
Reel Magic Magazine - On demand plus - Lectures.
Its a great routine.

Charlie

Thanks, that is probably where I saw it.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
It's definitely in Jim's Pocketful of miracles book.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The Reel Magic lecture is where I saw it (and already have a subscription). I just for got among my vast library where I had seen it taught. I mainly wanted to go over (again) exactly what "Jumbo stuff" was needed. Unfortunately, they don't make the "Key Jumbo Gaff" in Morgan Dollar or Walker Half and I refuse to buy a bunch of Kennedy stuff for one routine - even as great as it is.

I may however, replace the gaff that is special with a second jumbo coin and try it that way. I don't think it will take away from the effect in a "layman's eye" (it seems more of a clever magician fooler. Fooled me bad anyway) Smile

Other than that special gaff, I can get all the other stuff needed (at a price). Will definitely think it over and decide down the road.

Smile Smile
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
If anyone is looking for the manuscript for this one routine, mine is available.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Diamond Jim Tyler Pieces of Eight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL