The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Benson Bowl sources / ideas (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5710 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The bowl I just found at Dollar Tree is a small steel mixing bowl. It's just the right size to pickup one-handed, but 1" sponges would be best for this one - small bowl.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I find it curious that the mere use of the word "bowl" in the title of the trick has so many thinking they have to seek a proper bowl.

The essence of the routine is the plot, not the props, although I use sponge balls most of the time. They are easy to work with, but Wadded up paper balls would work in a pinch.

I do several variations of the trick. I do one with a brass bowl I found at a thrift store. It rings nicely when struck with the wand, so I started calling it "The Bell of Hamburg". I call the balls, "The Balls of Hamburg". The final load is a hamburger (dog toy).

I do another for Halloween. The "bowl" is an old hat.

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news......97501729

Here is yet one more...

http://www.centralillinoisproud.com/news......04011686
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
For brass bowls with a beautiful sound look for Tibetan singing bowls. They don't have a foot though, which I do find annoying when using a larger bowl as they're hard to turn up. I only use them when I want to use the sound, they really do have a beautiful ring.
For cheap, easy to replace, and with at least a small foot for easy turning, I always pop to my local Chinese supermarket and see what melamine bowls they have. They tend to be smaller, but that works for what I do with them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Benson Bowl sources / ideas (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL