The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic footage (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
Iam getting ready to shoot some street magic, and am wondering how to appraoch people with the camera.. I think that alot of people may be put off when they see a camera coming..any advice?
xtreme_mixers
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of xtreme_mixers
Hmm I was gonna do the same thing personally I would of (havn't so don't definantly go on it) have said can I show you somthing interesting and have a deck / prop in my hand ready so they know whats coming and wont be to scared of.
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
I useally have my camara guy follow about 6 or so feet behind me so when I approach someone I have time to talk to them before the camara guy gets there and by then they don't really care, the hardest part is getting them to sign a release before they walk off otherwise your running after them and that can somtimes freak them out.

Josh
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2700 Posts

Profile of kinesis
You need a third person with release forms to catch them as soon as the effect is over.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
nate
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of nate
Any advice on how to type of these release forms?, or what they should say?
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
I had my lawyer draft one up for me. you can find them on the net or if you decide to write your own (I don't suggest that) make sure it inculdes what the purpose of the footage is and that the person signing the form is aware of what the use of the film is and that they are giving permission for you to to what you want with the footage in editing.

some lawyers will draft one up for you for pretty cheap or even have them on hand already. best bet check the net first.

Oh and if you don't have the money for release forms or the people for it, just have them say there name and that it's ok to use they're image on film and it works the same way more or less, but it's still better to have a release form..

Josh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Street magic footage (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL