The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ickle Pickle's CHAINED (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dirty Deek
View Profile
New user
Indiana, USA
35 Posts

Profile of Dirty Deek
I bought "Chained" today by Ickle Pickle from my local magic shop in Cincinnati, OH (1:10 one way...). I have worked with it at least an hour since buying it on the afternoon of 6/5/17.

I can "chain" the ring about 1 out of 10 times....rarely 3x in a row.

Do I just need more practice or is there a better way than the printed instructions ?
I immediately thought of a way to gaff the ring to "help" the effect along, however, I will need the help of a friend and his metal shop to do this in the near future.

Anyone else have trouble with this trick or find it rather easy on the contrary ?
"Pay No Attention to That Man Behind The Curtain"
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
It's all in how you hold and release the ring. I'll send you a pm so I don't divulge anything
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
This has been "around" for eons!!!

Almost any Boy Scout should be able to show you! Kyoki should be able to help you.

You don't need to gaff your ring. I haven't seen the inst. that come with it,
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Once you get the hang of it, it works like magic. #1 rest a small part of the edge of the ring on your 2nd finger. When the ring is dropped it should "pivot" down off the finger. #2 The ring should be held horizontal with slight thumb pressure. When you release the ring, do so my moving the thumb horizontally away from the ring. Do do move your hand or any other fingers - just your thumb. Let me know if this helps.
ArchMiro
View Profile
New user
Fort Collins, Colorado
59 Posts

Profile of ArchMiro
What they have all said. To Answer your question, I do find it rather easy on the contrary. It is one of the staples of any walk around magic I do, especially with kids. That and the Messado/Ninja rings with a few twists. As well as CMH.
Anyways, there is not much thumb movement at all. If you need a video of what I do for that trick, I will try and take one to demonstrate.
Again, cannot say enough how much I love chained. It truly is magical. And clean.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello. I was just checking back to see how it's going with chained and if anything we've said has helped
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
I have found that a longer chain works better.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Just got this in the mail yesterday, got to playing with it finally.

Took me a good 30 mins of playing around to find what I was doing wrong. Now it works every time.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate all you helping us out.

Dave
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I have been doing this for years now but originally had same trouble. Just practice nite and you will get it and your confidence will increase. Good luck with it, it has served me well and been a good opener for drawing a crowd.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hey Dirty Deak! You told cbguy and me last week, that you didn't need anyone here to help you. You called us nasty names, and told us "it was all free on You Tube". You more or less told us to go away!

So, why are you back?
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
He's not, it was just a bump on a thread from 1.5 months ago...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Tons!

Scroll down one more forum, to "Table Hoppers & Strollers" and, check out Deak's post: "My first gig, Sept 23"which he wrote, last week (August). Deak asked then, for help on "his first show". Cbguy, Stanyon, Mary Mowder, and I, offered advice, encouragement, mentoring, ETC. on Deak's thread which he had started in late August. Everyone else contributing to that thread, had suggested TRICKS, to DO in a show that was two weeks away.

You and I (and, cbguy, Stanyon, and Mary, realize that to try to get even one new trick "show ready", in barely two weeks would require super human experience, knowledge, and physical skills, which Deak, apparently, did not have.

After a very few days, Deak, responded. You can read for yourself, his "comments". (Note that I had responded to his first problem with doing the "Chained" JUGGLING trick, in June.)

In the past 5 years, I have tried to help many, beginners. Most have been appreciative, A few have been anything but.

He was "anything but". When I saw his name at the top of this thread, I had forgotten about his problem with the"Chained" bit. Given what he had said in his last comment a couple of days ago (scroll down to
Table Hoppers, to read it). I wrote what I wrote, in this thread.

If he comes "into" the Café again, I'll say it again!

There are many magician "wannabees" with good attitudes, who seek encouragement, and advice. Let us, "thee and me. smf the other three", do what we can to provide that encouragement and advice!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Kindly ignore the couple of typos, above. I was writing, in a hurry, and the 30 minute time limit had expired, before I was finished proof reading.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ickle Pickle's CHAINED (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL