The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Artifactum (67 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata

The Artifactum
from
Alchemy Moon
A Real Tool for the Authentic Mage.

The First question on everyone's lips must be: 'Just what is The Artifactum?
The Artifactum is a set of 32 cards, hand aged and mounted on thick card stock.
There are 5 suits of 5 cards, 4 'special' cards, and 3 double-backed cards. It represents a highly evolved system for the Mystery Performer that fuses traditional card magic with authentic Magick.
The Artifactum can be used for magical performance, or for individual work - for mystical visualization of alternate realities, or for transformational magic. It is a complete reading system and a library of ideas. In performance it yields predictable and solid results, but also acts as a trigger for truly magical events.

It is...what it reveals to you!

DOWNLOAD THE FULL BROCHURE HERE.

The Article

Some of you did notice the article text above posted before. Some of you found the tease easily. However, an interesting point is one of the last sentences of the article:

Michaels plans for the Velasco-printed decks of divination cards are simple. "I'm going to sell the things," he said. "This fella wanted them out there. Now they will be." As for the few older, antiquated decks Velasco used for inspiration? Michaels says they won't be near an auctioneer's gavel as one would expect. "They're creepy, and I want to be rid of them. I'm just going to give them away."

So that is exactly what we are going to do!

Launch Day Give Away!

The Crown Jewels
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Artifactum. The Article gave the exact blueprint for the Artifactum launch. Above you will see a picture of the Crown Jewels.

Are these for sale?
No, these are not for sale. The article made it very clear they should be gifted away.

What are the details?
I have acquired TWO CROWN JEWELS DECKS. I have been instructed to give them away to two lucky customers. One winner will be gifted one on LAUNCH DAY. The other will be gifted one on Halloween OCTOBER 31, 2017.

What if I did not win, do I have another shot on Halloween?
You sure do. If you purchase one at anytime from launch day till Halloween, you will be entered.

How do I win one?
Easily. Purchase the ARTIFACTUM DECK between Launch and Halloween and you will automatically be entered to win.

The Artifactum launches Friday 6/16/2107 only at GEMINI ARTIFACTS
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I received a preview copy of this yesterday. While that hasn't allowed me time to delve into using the cards yet (which are gorgeous), there is one thing I'd like to note that surprised the heck out of me and that I don't see mentioned above at all...

...A hardback book came with it. A substantial one. Like, over 200 pages. Needless to say, I was surprised that someone would go through such effort for a manual when a PDF would do. But, then I started reading it. I couldn't put the thing down. The tome is a master class from Chris masquerading as a product manual. While the concepts, psychology, and theories explained are ultimately brought around to how they should be applied to the Artefactum, they go far beyond that. I can already tell that I'll be applying this stuff in one degree or another to nearly every "mystery entertainment" presentation I do, reading-related or no.

So, yeah, I get now why this hardback black tome arrived instead of a PDF. The content inside warrants being treated with such respect, and is worth its weight in gold.

I say the following as someone who will likely be buried with his Hedge Tarote and Cuss Cards: this may very well be the most significant Alchemy Moon release yet in terms of the impact it will have on my magic. Kudos to Chris for deciding to release this with a book that shares so much.

Also, I took a picture of it:
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I'm all over this! Gemini and Alchemy Moon? This is an alliance I have been waiting for.
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Im just waiting for Fri morning, getting up early, cup'o coffee in one hand & other hand on Paypal button for this !
The manual book alone sounds like its over the top extra awesome that Chris has provided with the Artifactum, just like Chris to give us multiple bangs for our buck & his extensive knowledge he shares !
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
....almost there....
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, David Eichler wrote:
....almost there....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljdAYTH5QSY

:-)
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Smile

Just ordered! Now the real waiting begins. Cheers, Luc.
Station10
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of Station10
My order has been placed too . . . oh the anticipation!
John Gilmore
www.blindeyemagi.com

"I am a great admirer of mystery and magic. Look at this life - all mystery and magic." ~ Harry Houdini

"To Strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield!"
~ Alfred Tennyson
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
675 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Yes, printed manuals are the way to go! Chris also did this with Hedge Tarote (leather bound book), and Alchemist's Square (hardbound book), as well as smaller printed manuals for his earlier releases. We did a small printed perfect bound manual for King In Green (though the larger manual is a PDF), and a 135-page softcover perfect bound manual for Little Box of Spirits. Going forward this will no doubt continue to be the norm (for Alchemy Moon at least).
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
I have been having a blast with Kadar Elite, so much fun and a really interesting system. I really resonate with the vintage amusement arcade theme, the fun artwork, and the hidden depths of it.

But from what I've read about and seen of Artifactum, this is more than an effect or a reading system. This is a pretty significant development philosophically that actually adds another conceptual dimension to Readings with symbol systems. Tarot has rich symbols on each card that gain depth and complexity in a reading based on a spread and being placed next to other cards. The plates of Artifactum (they are NOT cards, watch the video) have the depth of two different Tarot cards, on each *one*. When you put three together, you have the interactions of 3x3x6 Tarot cards. That's 54 potential interactions from three plates. (Three cards times three pairings {LCR>>LC+CR+LR} plus 6 symbols interacting on all the plates. Then add elemental dignities on top of those 54 potential interactions, and there are multiple ways of computing those influences. That's just with any random set of three plates. Add a fourth plate and it gets exponentially more complex. And there are 25 plates, not counting the special cards. Basically you also get a scrying mirror and a crystal ball built into the Artifactum (watch the video, look at the photos, pay attention). I love metaphors, and I love interesting logical systems, and this thing basically defines a "next gen" level of psycho-spiritual technology.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ordered my set as soon as I was getting up, literally as I rolled out of bed I signed in & was ordering these before my feet hit the floor....lol
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
I'm signed up and ready to drop in to Artifactum. It's funny, I only have a vague idea of what I'm getting into with these cards. But as with all my other Alchemy Moon purchases, I've come to just trust that a rich journey is ahead, once I finally sit down and sift through the story. Very much looking forward to it.

That book tho. Yes.

Thanks Gemini & AM!
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2017, Bedford wrote:
Yes, printed manuals are the way to go! Chris also did this with Hedge Tarote (leather bound book), and Alchemist's Square (hardbound book), as well as smaller printed manuals for his earlier releases. We did a small printed perfect bound manual for King In Green (though the larger manual is a PDF), and a 135-page softcover perfect bound manual for Little Box of Spirits. Going forward this will no doubt continue to be the norm (for Alchemy Moon at least).

Ahhh...the Book of Air that was the printed leather-bound text that came with the Hedge Tarote. What a wonderful manuscript! I have been on Chris for years to write and release the subsequent elemental books... Chris' work on readings takes us to a very deep place which will serve the attentive student very well. I'm looking forward to receiving my copy!

David
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
I too have jumped...and placed my order. Really looking forward to this...I've been waiting a long time to get my hands on Artifactum, I wanted to order from Chris through Alchemy Moon about two years ago but Artifactum was always "out of stock..." Finally, I have my order in...the long wait is almost over. Thank You Chris...Thank You Vic.

Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5157 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I know there have been posts on the Café that criticize the hype surrounding new product releases in the magic world, in particular the bizarre niché which has always been more performance- and cerebral-based, verses prop-oriented effects. Yet I see releases like this and I feel like I did the first time I walked into a magic shop. That same sense of awe, amazement, wonderment, and perhaps concern that I may need to act now as I may never have the opportunity to be in this unique situation again. I was treated to an incredible invitation that is probably short-lived, and limited to those who have sought the invitation out.

I pressed the PayPal button.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Very happy to see this partnership arise.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
I have probably watched the video 50 times by now. I was hearing something, and seeing something and I wasn't sure what it was, but I have started realizing there are secrets related to the card images built into the entire video, every image seems to have some correlation to the cards depicted in the picture. And oh wow if you listen with headphones on there is a whole sound layer you can't hear through regular speakers like on a computer or just the iPhone speaker. You have to hear it in stereo. What I'm saying is they are not just random bits of prop material for ambiance; for instance, did you notice the small number five at the very edge of the image of the last picture shown in the video? And there are five cards shown in that photo in the video, and if you look at the progression of the images ... OK I'm not going to spoil it for you. This is really interesting and strange and I get this prickly feeling on the back of my neck, like there's something actually magical happening . Look closer. It talks about keys and "Book of Doors", and there are keys and books in the pictures...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
So pleased to see this come to fruition. Wonderful concept and beautiful art work.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
If you haven't been to Gemini Artifacts recently you are in for a treat. Vic has quietly been amassing a most impressive stock of ready to ship items. The creators now marketing through Gemini are the best minds in our art. If you have never dealt with Vic......you are in for a most pleasant experience. He understands customer satisfaction!!!

Thank you Vic!

Continued success,

Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Artifactum (67 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL