The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Proteus by Phedon Bilek Official Review (333 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I've had the chance to read two alternate presentations for this (one by Titanas and then Phedon's extension of Titanas's idea.)

This presentational changes are really cool and make the routine feel very different than the original!

Essentially, Titanas's version allows you to perform this spectator as mindreader style

And then Phedon's extension of that allows you to make a drawing and place it facedown on the table. The spectator then thinks of a drawing and before they even say what it is, you turn the drawing over and the spectator freaks because it's the exact drawing they had in mind. Crazy strong!

Both of these will be included in the supplement pdf that all purchasers will get for free! You'll love these ideas.

Madison
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1025 Posts

Profile of kannon
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2017, dmoses wrote:
Reminds me a little of Andy Cannon's work.
(Just while people are excited about propless drawing dups)

D

Yeah definitely a little ... Obviously I'm biased towards mine. Smile

And a flavour of Art Vandarlay's as well.

Interesting to see how the Spanish version came across a lot cleaner than the English version, which appeared a little dirtier but still reeled the fish in ... Getting Luna was impressive Smile ... Looks like a well thought out procedure.
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
I've had the chance to read two alternate presentations for this (one by Titanas and then Phedon's extension of Titanas's idea.)

This presentational changes are really cool and make the routine feel very different than the original!

Essentially, Titanas's version allows you to perform this spectator as mindreader style

And then Phedon's extension of that allows you to make a drawing and place it facedown on the table. The spectator then thinks of a drawing and before they even say what it is, you turn the drawing over and the spectator freaks because it's the exact drawing they had in mind. Crazy strong!

Both of these will be included in the supplement pdf that all purchasers will get for free! You'll love these ideas.

Madison

This is getting better and better!

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I agree... The Spanish version looks a lot cleaner for some reason.

Sleepy
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of hnegash
Madison,

Thanks for posting your various videos of the effect. I like how you even showed how the first and 2nd guess were "off" until you were able to get a hit. My question to you, is with the 3 videos you posted, did you ever have a fail? Did the spectator end up thinking of a tarantula and you weren't able to "read the thought"? Just want to know what your overall success rate is?

Regards,
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2017, hnegash wrote:
Madison,

Thanks for posting your various videos of the effect. I like how you even showed how the first and 2nd guess were "off" until you were able to get a hit. My question to you, is with the 3 videos you posted, did you ever have a fail? Did the spectator end up thinking of a tarantula and you weren't able to "read the thought"? Just want to know what your overall success rate is?

Regards,

I believe I mentioned in my initial review that I had three misses that day. Over all, I've only have 5 misses. And the last two, I knew it was going to be a miss as soon as they thought of it so I downplayed their selection a lot.

My success rate is righ at 95% which I'm more than happy with.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Sounds like a very cool release.

:)
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Magicneddd
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Magicneddd
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2017, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

Will you need Any extra gimmicks/supplies for these versions?
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Magicneddd, I just reply to clarify one thing. Rather, two things:

1. No supplies, no.... gimmick (I had to write this word?) for the bonus pdf . Just your brain. Oh! A business card as well!

2. I don't know whether I will release anything else or not after Proteus. BUT... if I do, the only supplies you might need -if you ever do- will be index cards halved and folded into quarters.

Have a great day and thank you for your interest

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
Magicneddd
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Magicneddd
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2017, phedonbilek wrote:
Magicneddd, I just reply to clarify one thing. Rather, two things:

1. No supplies, no.... gimmick (I had to write this word?) for the bonus pdf . Just your brain. Oh! A business card as well!

2. I don't know whether I will release anything else or not after Proteus. BUT... if I do, the only supplies you might need -if you ever do- will be index cards halved and folded into quarters.

Have a great day and thank you for your interest

Phedon

Thank you for the reply!

Please do release things after Proteus! Ahaha!
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
A 95% hit rate is only 1 miss every 20 times you perform it.
That's very good for a effect like this one is.I can't wait to receive it.
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
This is the day!

Where can you pre order?
Where is the best deal, free shipping, discounts, fast shipping ... ;-)
How to get it to Germany ...
Cheers
Stefan
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I would recommend Mindfx Argon all those with stock will be live to pre order at 8pm GMT or whatever your local time.

Regards
Dr Rob
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Will any North American suppliers have this?
Argon
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
159 Posts

Profile of Argon
Thanks Dr. Rob
Michael I contacted Michael beforehand so it's my choice anyway.
So 3 more hours as we are GMT +1
Cheers
Stefan
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2017, scott0819 wrote:
Will any North American suppliers have this?

Hi Scott
I messaged Luke Dancy and he says to check Hocus Pocus, Penguin and Vanishing Inc.

However if they do have any they are likely to go quick.

I hope this helps

Regards
Dr Rob
sadhu
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of sadhu
Checked all the distributors and none of them have put Proteus up for pre-order at this moment.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
No as everyone has agrees to go Live with the prelaunch at 20:00GMT or you local time.
Murphy's Magic is the distributor and it came from them.
So only an hour to go Sadhu.

Dr Rob
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
I have just placed my order with Merchant of Magic in UK. Can't wait !!
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
There is a question about what is the difference between mentalism and mental magic...one could say that mentalism uses no props, just their minds. And, you could add that real mentalism (!) leaves them feeling that the experience was, in fact, genuine.

Well, I am in Canada, Phedon was in Greece, and he performed Proteus over a video link - it was fabulous! He has a gentle style, so when he asked "Are you thinking of... <insert my thought here>?" I was blown away! Giggling like a school girl, I knew that this would be the best routine that I could perform, because it felt genuine, real...and easily over the phone, Skype, video conference...I cannot wait to get this!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Proteus by Phedon Bilek Official Review (333 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..14..18..22..26..30..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL