The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Art and Experience (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
"Every thought you think, word you speak, and action you take proceeds from either love or fear. Peace and upset, innocence and guilt, healing and illness all spring from that one fundamental choice." Alan Cohen
https://magicalaurieblog.wordpress.com/
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
I wonder if Ken has a monkey’s foot and carries a toad known to be poisonous when he is out walking the mountain path looking for strangers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8512 Posts

Profile of funsway
Back on - I have been mowing grass, unfortunately without the aid of magic.

I ma glad tommy reposted my article that clearly refers to "modern derivatives of the Shaman role"

Nothing in there says I am a Shaman or that anyone else should be -- only that today's performer emulates some of the activities that shaman once did.
Other functions included mentoring youth, herbal remedies, legal arbitration and marriage ceremonies.

Now, tommy, your reference to monkey's foot and toads sows that you have little knowledge of what Shaman did.

All I walk with is open heart and hand, and a bit of experiential knowledge of possible use to another.

Read the article again. You might learn something -- but not about what I do when performing magic.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
He who is a Charlatan by “Our Magic” does not have a Goat?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy
The goats with spider genes and silk in their milk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/science-env......eir-milk

Art or Nature?

Tommy
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
This is thread.... It's amazing. I don't think never read so many platitudes with so much sophistry in such a short time. let it never die
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15746 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Art and Experience (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL