The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave Help! (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Hi. I love B'Wave. I have been toying with some variations in the presentation. I use the blank cards version. However, I have written "Good", "Slim", and "None" on the blank faces. At the end, I talk about the odds of them naming one of the other Queens and I turn over the first card as I say the odds were "good", then turn over the next blank card as I say really their odds were "slim" and of course, by the last card, they went from "slim to none".

I also have a gimmicked packet trick holder where I can hide cards. People always want to "touch" the magic. I always just continue with something else and that works fine, but I would really like to switch out the gimmick card for a regular card, along with the three blank face cards, and do another routine.

Any thoughts on a routine with three blank cards (with "good", "slim", and "none") and a regular Queen?

I could do a variation of twisting the Aces.

Any other ideas?

KJ
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Check out John Bannon's Duplicity.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks Steven, I'm not familiar with it. I'll check it out.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Steven,

Hi. I checked out the trailer, and it's pretty self-explanatory for a magician. This seems like a very good approach to the B'Wave plot, given it doesn't use any gimmicked cards. The trade off is it requires two packets.

I suppose I could put the four cards back in the packet holder all face down and remove what is apparently the same packet of cards from the same side plus a second packet from the other side of the packet trick holder. The only problem is I have one ungimmicked card on each side of the packet trick holder to replace either of the two selections they make, and how I place the B'Wave cards back in the holder depends upon which card they selected.

I was hoping for something that involves only four cards, apparently the same cards from the B'Wave routine, thus acting as a further convincer for the previous effect.

KJ
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
KJ -- What are you using for a packet trick holder?
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
You can do B'Wave with four normal cards with the ambiguities used in Duplicity.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
There are other "B'Wave"-type tricks that are good takes on the concept, like:

Dream Queen

Choose Your Queen
*(And the trick comes with, actually plays out of a holder) Smile

Not to mention that there are many ways to use the basic concept of Magician's Choice in card magic. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
I've often wondered why a gaff card is necessary at all in B'wave. Since equivoque (magician's choice) is used to get you halfway there, why not use it again to get you all the way there?

Hopefully that wasn't too cryptic. If you can use it to force the desired color, why not use it again to force the desired suit? Maybe a bit of a tradeoff, but then you could end 100% clean and examinable, which is pretty strong.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2017, karnak wrote:
I've often wondered why a gaff card is necessary at all in B'wave. Since equivoque (magician's choice) is used to get you halfway there, why not use it again to get you all the way there?

Hopefully that wasn't too cryptic. If you can use it to force the desired color, why not use it again to force the desired suit? Maybe a bit of a tradeoff, but then you could end 100% clean and examinable, which is pretty strong.

Because after the first spectator's choice, there's a 50% chance you won't be able to be consistent in how you deal with it ...

Mark
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
I agree with Mark. Doing two 50/50 equivoques in a row calls too much attention to the method.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Alain Nu has a gimmick free method that I like.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Doug Trouten wrote:
KJ -- What are you using for a packet trick holder?

Hi. I just use the vinyl packet holders that I gimmicked. PM me if you would like more info.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2017, karnak wrote:

you might like Bannon's duplicity. It is a B'Wave type plot without gimmicks. It doesn't use two equivoques in a row. It's not the right one for me in this circumstance because I am happy with the original Max Maven B'Wave. I'm looking for a followup routine that ends "cleaner".

KJ
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I'm not sure how your "slim to none" thing would help B'wave, when the best thing about it is it's minimalism. You might be bored with it, but it is astonishing to non magicians. And the gaff makes the equivoque appear less forced.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Mr. Dave,

Is there a performance clip for your "Distorted Siblings"?

Thank you,
Sixten Smile
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
As for hidden compartments in packet trick wallets, check these out ? Although it would be pretty straight forward to make your own 'compartment' in the standard issue vinyl wallets I'd think ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Card-Wallet-for-......38.l2649
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2017, Sixten wrote:
Hi Mr. Dave,

Is there a performance clip for your "Distorted Siblings"?

Thank you,
Sixten Smile

Not yet. I am working on it along with a few other projects.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Thanks for the reply. Smile
RiBo
View Profile
New user
Orando, FL
78 Posts

Profile of RiBo
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2017, fonda57 wrote:
I'm not sure how your "slim to none" thing would help B'wave, when the best thing about it is it's minimalism. You might be bored with it, but it is astonishing to non magicians. And the gaff makes the equivoque appear less forced.

I totally agree with this. I ran B'Wave in a bar last week and it left people astonished. Now admittedly some were more inebriated than others, but...don't fix what ain't broke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » B'Wave Help! (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL