The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jamie Schoolcraft (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Another good feature of the Swadling flipper is that it lies flat without another coin or a finger holding it in position. It works really well.

I notice that people are enthusiastic about the cut-down and re-edged sets. Without calling them by a special name, Todd Lassen has been making these incredible sets for a long time, and they're definitely worth checking out on his website.

I just ordered a set from Todd in Barber Halves (inspired by David Neighbors' set that I saw). Can't wait to get them. Why? I've found that Barber halves work best for the great "Four Coins and a Filipino" routine by Homer Liwag; being thin and smooth, the coins facilitate the major new move in the routine.

Cheers,
Jerry
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I recently received some gaffs from Jamie Schoolcraft and they are SUPERB. Jamie is fast, reasonably priced, friendly, and an absolute perfectionist. His shells are probably some of the best I have seen.

I was fortunate enough to learn of some of the gaffs that Jamie has planned for the future and it is quite exciting. I can assure you he is absolutely relentless in his quality and you'll be pleased. I was VERY, VERY happy with my purchases. Thanks Jamie.

Tim Trono
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
My review of Jamie's coins are up at http://www.coinvanish.com
Click to visit:
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Great review Dan! Thanks, Jamie is working on a few things for me at this time, and I can't wait to get them.

Thanks again
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Dan comes through again. I always get great info from his site!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ChrisS
View Profile
New user
Cohoes, NY
56 Posts

Profile of ChrisS
Dan's review convinced me to go ahead and order a coin set from Jamie. I ordered the expanded shell Barber halves and they are absolutely wonderful! The workmanship is extremely impressive and the fit is perfect. Again, it was less than a week from contacting Jamie to receiving the coins.

I'm trying to get in touch with Todd Lassen to place an order with him; it will definitely be fun to compare the two...
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Just recieved a walking liberty set from jamie. The Dean Dill set + an extra coin + a cs gaff and two re milled coppers to match. STUNNING!!! nuff said!!
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Just wanted to give a shout out to Roy Kueppers up here in Canada. I think that makes 4 great craftsmen. His Okito Box sets in brass are fantasic and he's willing to make just about anything you can think of.

B.
ChrisS
View Profile
New user
Cohoes, NY
56 Posts

Profile of ChrisS
Brian,
Yes, I have dealt eith Roy in the past (I'm waiting to receive an order from him now!)and I totally agree - he does very good work.It's great to have a number of craftsmen as sources for high quality equipment.

Chris
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I was just bouncing emails back and forth with Roy a week or so ago, RE: a cocobolo box set... It was my first dealing with him, and he seemed very professional as well as a cool guy. I haven't gotten the set yet, I'm still trying to make the BO set that I bought work for my routines... not much luck with that unfortunately... So it looks like I have no choice but to spend more money on better props Smile

Best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
tomg
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of tomg
I have never ordered coin stuff from Roy, but I did have him make me a custom wand. It's a closeup wand, all wood for cups and balls. He was great, very responsive on email, and he consulted me about all details of the wand, I chose the wood for the center part and the tips, I chose the size. Anyway, it was designed to my specs from top to bottom with a leather case, and I couldn't be happier, and the price was lower than I expected for something completely custom. It took a while, but well worth the wait. So, another thumbs up for Roy (and Jamie and Todd).
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
200 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
I received my expanded ] from Jamie and all I can say is WOW!! Very deceptive due to it's depth. I hope all of us have the opportunity to own one or more of Jamie's high quality products.

Regards,
Brian
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Brian,

You'll have to show me your ] sometime. I would like to get a look at his work.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You can't tell it is a gaff.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Jamie Schoolcraft (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL