The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..33~34~35 [Next]
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2201 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This post is a post for people interested in pure date of birth divinations - if the concept/ premise is something that doesn't interest you don't feel you have to read on.

For those who are - "Isabella's star 3 - The final chapter" is finished!

Combining new principles that are available today (that weren't available when I first started my journey into star sign/ date of birth divination) mixed with old principles, I am happy to say I can finally close the door on something that has been an obsession of mine for too long.

This is it, the last one in the "Isabella's Star" series. I won't be re-visiting the d.o.b divination premise again as I'm so happy with this, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

No more maths/ calculations, no more astrological numbers, no cribs, the participant never writes anything down (this is entirely prop-less), quick to perform, rock solid in terms of method and very little procedure.

The effect runs as thus -

The performer asks his/ her participant to imagine their date of birth written in the air. The performer then directs the participant to think of an imaginary name and imagine that their date of birth belongs to that imaginary person.

The performer explains that by imagining the date of birth objectively as though it belonged to somebody else makes it possible to divine. To prove his/ her point the performer looks at the participant and starts by revealing their star sign.

The performer then moves onto revealing the name that the participant merely thought of and finishes by revealing the date of birth!

For followers of some of my previous works you will know some of the methods in here - I want to be really honest and up front, it's how these methods work together that bring them into a brand new light.

This is a physical book (not a PDF) and won't be available in PDF format. I have taken into account your answers to a question I asked recently on my Facebook page and I've included links to video performances in a range of environments and video subtleties (inside the book).

English language only - if you are interested in takeaway mentalism then avoid this. For those willing to put in a little amount of work (nothing too pressing) you will literally be able to go out and do what you claim to do for real!

PRE-ORDER IS OPEN...NOW!

Price 30.00 gbp (free postage in the U.K) +5gbp outside the U.K

PayPal -

Peterturnermentalism@hotmail.co.uk

(Pre-orders will receive a bonus routine and subtleties not available in the commercial release).

The book will be shipped out as soon as the printing process is completed and the book is print to order (so I can't say how long it will be available for).

Note to reader: I am proud to call Peter Turner my friend. I have seen Peter's material evolve from before he was a known mentalist, till now, that everyone knows his name. Before, I used to think Peter's work did not work, but after having known the guy for years, conversed with him on a daily basis, and having performed multiple effects from him both parlour/close-up and stage, I can say that they do work, and this new work is no exception.

When Isabella Star first hit the scene, I learned it after having seeing it during his Penguin Live lecture. Fast forward a few years, then you have an updated version, which is Isabella Star 2, which Peter shared with me before release on pdf, but since I collect Peter's work, I purchased from Michael Murray and MagicBox the booklet to have.

Fast forward 2017, Peter and I were chatting and he said he has taken the bday divination plot to new heights, and performed it for me 3 times, and nailed not only the star sign, exact month, and day, but the thought of name that, that birthday belonged to, one of the times, I even made one up. This, I feel, along with Bigger Fish 2, and When in Rome is Peter's greatest work to date, especially if you are into the bday divinations.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1345 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Alex gave a fantastic review above, but I just wanted to echo what was said.

Peter performed this on me yesterday over Skype and blew me away! This is by far the best birthdate divination available. It literally felt like the performance hadn't even begun and then suddenly Pete was telling me the Star sign, name, and birthdate I had in mind all with 100% accuracy. It was truly incredible. This is the birthdate divination to end all birthdate divinations. It feels impossible. Peter has hit a home run with this one.

If this is the way propless Mentalism is headed, we are in for a treat. With this and Proteus being released soon, I think propless Mentalism is becoming even more powerful and straightforward than billet material.

This routine is about as direct as it gets. You think of your birthday and star sign and a random name and then Peter begins revealing all of that information. It really is that clean. There's no other process and there's absolutely no maths at all.

If you're a fan of Peter's work at all, you need this. If you don't know who Peter Turner is, then this is a GREAT introduction to his way of thinking. I think this very well could be his best release to date. In my opinion, this trumps both past iterations of Isabellas Star by light years. This is a must have.

Madison
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11608 Posts

Profile of John C
"You think of your birthday and star sign and a random name and then Peter begins revealing all of that information."

I can't believe that's all there is?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Wow....I don't even know what to get...this or Proteus...anyway, any ideas on when these will ship?

Sleepy
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1345 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, John C wrote:
"You think of your birthday and star sign and a random name and then Peter begins revealing all of that information."

I can't believe that's all there is?

That's pretty much it. There's a slight piece of information missing about the name from the brief description above, but essentially, that's it.
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of eric6
Could this be adapted to other langage with personal work or as stated above realy exclusivly for english?
Thanks
Magicneddd
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Magicneddd
If you are doing this to a friend (whom you know the birth day of), can they make up a birth day and star sign in their head and then you can divine the made up star sign and birthday?

Thanks
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
875 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I really doubt this "slight piece of information" is as insignificant as implied.

The original IS was great and Sudo's take on it was even better.

I am not familiar with IS2 but but I am skeptical with so-called propless mentalism. Usually it looks so clean at the expense of psychological factors (not 100%) or extra procedures (which make no sense to leave out unless we are trying to fool fellow performers) or even worse, something transparent.

Given the reviews thus far, it is one of the first scenarios. So how surefire is the method? And how relevant is the extra hidden procedure?

Feel free to respond in a PM.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1568 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, ash2arani wrote:
I really doubt this "slight piece of information" is as insignificant as implied.

I am not familiar with IS2 but but I am skeptical with so-called propless mentalism. Usually it looks so clean at the expense of psychological factors (not 100%) or extra procedures (which make no sense to leave out unless we are trying to fool fellow performers) or even worse, something transparent.

Given the reviews thus far, it is one of the first scenarios. So how surefire is the method? And how relevant is the extra hidden procedure?

I'm thinking the same on the insignificant part...however, I really trust Madison and his opinion...so hopefully this is as good as it sounds!

Sleepy
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1345 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, ash2arani wrote:

The part not mentioned is a large part of the method which is why I'm intentionally being vague. But believe me, the spectator will put little to no emphasis on this and will remember it as them thinking of a random name. That's all I feel comfortable saying in a public forum.

This method is not psychological in nature at all. It is 100%. The only part that isn't 100% is the name guess an even that is 99%. It would be very rare to miss on the name. (Like... VERY rare.)

It isn't transparent at all and there are no complicated procedures. They think of their birthday, think of their starsign, think of a name to associate that information to, and then they are revealed piece by piece.

I don't feel comfortable saying much more in public but Ash, feel free to PM me and I'll provide only a LITTLE more information. Much more information and we are starting to get into method territory.

Also, yes you could think of someone else's birthday and star sign and then think of a random name and you could do this.

Madison
Karan Singh Magic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Karan Singh Magic
I met Pete in Bradford today and while driving around town he did this on me twice and spilled the beans on the method. It's an absolute 100% sure fire hit each and every time, with the star sign, the name and the exact date of birth. You could even make up a date of birth (which is what I did the second time he did it on me) and he still nailed it. It's absolutely brilliant, extremely practical, zero memory or math work and so so so powerful. HIghly recommend it.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1345 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I should mention:

This only works in English speaking countries!

Madison
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Pete did this for me on Skype the other day. His thinking on this has indeed evolved. Simple, direct and everything Madison said. I really don't do this type of thing anymore (as I have moved into different venues) but this will make you a superstar (or at least help move you in that direction). This is not hard to learn and will leave your specs speechless with no way to backtrack. And it's so fast. Zoom, zoom and they are left breathless. At $30 it is an absolute steal. Great for strolling, close-up, in bars and taverns, maybe even stage. Two thumbs up and s strong buy recommendation from me.

Preston
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3432 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This is absolutely awesome although to call it 100% would not be accurate but it is not far off. I would not even like to count how many times I've seen Pete perform this and I don't recall seeing him miss. This is possibly my favourite propless effect of all time. Whilst this shares the name with Isobella's star this shares absolutely nothing else beyond revealing a birthday with Isobella's star. Sudo simplified Isobella's Star but it is still Isobella's star just narrowed down to 3 possible dates to remove the final stage where you isolate the exact date. It's nice but it is Isobella's star 1 made simpler not a new or stand alone effect. I would call it the Eclipse presentation for Isobella's Star. The original IS is the way the number is generated in such a way that it can be mathematically reduced back to the birthday, renaming the number to something other than the name given in the original doesn't make it new.

Isobella's star 3 gets rid of the Astrological number, all the spectator has to worry about is their date of birth, star sign and the first male name they can think of and you nail all 3. The tiny amount of procedure in this is so tiny you can barely call this a procedure. There is no trying to figure out if it's odd or even or which half of the year etc. You nail the star sign, then the name and then the birthday with nothing written down.

Considering my own birthday divination effect is being released on Wednesday I have absolutely nothing to gain by giving Pete's effect undue praise, there is no doubt that I will lose some sales of my effect to Pete's but I genuinely believe this is a beautiful effect.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6914 Posts

Profile of bowers
Does one need to know IS1 TO perform IS3?
Caveman
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Caveman
" and the first male name they can think of "

"For followers of some of my previous works you will know some of the methods in here "

These two statements are telling....I can't say how it's done, but I believe I know what is done. Which makes me want to know, do you guys really feel this is the b-day divination to end them all?

The review left me wanting, and that's not a criticism, Peter Turner you're a genius and I truly appreciate you sharing everything you come up with, especially when it comes to this premise.

BMW saying that "I won't be re-visiting the d.o.b divination premise again," made me think about what a crown jewel the premise is for me...I think about how I want it to look and how close the brilliant thinking of others has come to that. No method has come closer to the way I want it to look than what Sudo did with IS2, yet I feel like I'll be forever re visiting the premise because I'm so fascinated with it.

I'm still waiting for Peter Turner to say he loved what Sudo did, and then build upon that further. I feel like "The Eclipse Presentation of Isabella's Star," is an incredible evolution of IS2 and Peter Turner could continue that evolution in beautiful ways, but sadly I've never seen him acknowledge it...it would be so cool if you did!

Maybe IS3 is the method to end them all, I'm eager to read it and see, but because Peter Turner keeps revisiting the premise, I have to think this won't be the end. Looking forward to it!
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Can I be very honest here? I don't wish to steal any thunder at all from Peter with this in any sense. I know that a lot of people really liked the way I reworked the breakdown of IS in Eclipse and that's cool. I have tried in the past, on several occasions to clear up the mess I made, but I don't think it's been effective as the Café is not really the right place for this topic.

There's no easy way for me to explain what happened without getting into a long explanation, but I'll try to keep it short. As some of you know, I struggle with bipolar disorder and fell from grace. For 8 long and horribly nightmarish years, I was in the depths of a severe addiction, where I lost my morale compass, my sanity, and my will to live. I gave up on everything I cared about and made some really bad choices - as is to be expected when being realistic about what happens to most people who fall into that hell.

When I finally started to come around after getting clean and trying to rejoin the magic community, I was so deeply ashamed of what had happened and the things that I had done, that I tried to hide because I still couldn't even explain it to myself yet, much less to anyone else. I did contact Peter about Eclipse, but I was not forthright about my identity etc because I was trying to hide and outright distorted some facts because I was scared as I had made some powerful enemies during my time with addiction. When I started to gain a lot of attention, I was very excited to feel that I was finally getting back on track, and with all that I had just been through, in all honesty, there were times when I let it go to my head and I got caught up in that. I got caught up in the moment of things and feeling alive for the first time in a long while. A few people were trying to pick me apart to figure out who I was, and so what started as a little white lie for protective purposes eventually began to spiral out of my control as more and more people tried to pick me apart. One little white lie needed another to cover it, and then another to cover that one and on and on until it just became a huge mess.

So there it is - that is the real truth. And I strongly suspect that Peter has been quiet (at least publicly) about this for these very reasons. Can you blame him? Quite honestly, I would have probably done the same too if I were in his shoes. But the fact that he has been quiet about this speaks to his character and shows that he is at least a gentleman and has some sense about him. So please don't fault him for remaining mum about this - it is entirely my fault.

As for me, well, I can't live with this on my back anymore and haven't been able to for a long time. So, if any of you wish to think less of me for this - that's fine and perfectly understandable. But I'd rather be hated for what I am or for the things I may have done in the past, then loved for what I am not. But please don't fault Peter for this. I wish more than anything in this world that I could start regaining some of my dignity back and I think that this is at least a step in the right direction.

My deepest apologies for having to post this here, but it needed to be said. I am so sorry.

To get back on topic of what this thread is about: I have not seen this, and it sounds interesting to say the least. I can only wish Peter the best of wishes with his new release and continued success in the future.
I'm frequently hit with enlightening in the middle of a brain storm.
eric6
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of eric6
Great post Sudo and so human...
Wish you well
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
875 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
The fact that it is country-dependent and not just language-dependent is a deal breaker for me. I perform regularly in English (almost exclusively) and after discussing with Madison, it will still not work well for me as intended.

So while it may be a great solution, and it is Peter's method to end them all, it is unfortunately not a solution for me. Back to Eclipse for me.

I wish Peter all the best in this release.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3432 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This is one of those things I think you have to see to appreciate, Pete did this in his lecture at Leamington and it went down really well. It is extremely clever and very direct. Of course there is a tiny compromise, it's not real mind reading but it is a real thing of beauty, you very quickly reveal the sign, the name and the exact birthday.

As far as Pete's character Pete is beyond a gentleman, he is one of the kindest most generous people I have ever met, and one of the cleverest. And Sudo, I think the way that you broke down the math in IS is brilliant, my comment was only to remind people that it could not exist without Isobella's Star as the key to Isobella's Star is the way the number is generated in the first place that makes it possible to mathematically (in any number of different ways) get back to the date of birth. Too many people seem to forget this. My comment was not meant as any form of attack on you.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (220 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9..14..19..24..29..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL