The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (220 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..32..33~34~35 [Next]
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Message for Peter,

Could we have access to the video files whilst we are awaiting our book to arrive ?
Worth asking

Dr Rob
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Okay - after a frenetic few days let me give you an update. Presale orders have been closed. They were kept open for a short while after the advertised one week window, then quietly closed. A formal announcement wasn't made, but it just wasn't advertised any more which had pretty much the same effect. The response has been really high, which resulted in the initial order being increased. I posted before about a delay due to some of the artwork having to be redone, which we resolved by the beginning of last week and a delivery date of early this week was set. It's with a heavy heart that I have to report a further delay, due to a compatibility issue between the file type and size that I sent and the print software, which affects some of the fonts used (they don't print correctly as a result). There have been a few potential fixes, which we've looked into and have now been resolved. I understand that this is not good news for those waiting and I'm sorry to have to tell you it. Each part of the production process is unique and the previous stages didn't show up any other problems. I believe this is the final part, as the covers are already complete and printed, and the new file has now been rescheduled for final print. That means that production can continue but delivery to us will now be early next week. I understand this may elicit some negative responses, and some may choose to comment on it, but please bear in mind that it isn't Pete's fault, and whilst the holdup is at the printers it isn't their fault either. If anyone is at fault it's me, as I didn't understand the parameters for the master file that the printers needed in order to complete the job on time. Pete is filming this week and will probably be unable to answer queries, so please vent your anger at me if that's how you feel. I do share your frustration and will be glad to see the back of this project, but only because I want it to be completed and I know that everyone involved (including me) is immensely proud of the end result. If anyone has any further questions then again please get in touch and I will do what I can to get back to you. Please bear in mind that I am completely stretched and with a big response to the presale order, you may need to be patient. However, I will try to respond within a day if I can, depending on how many enquiries I receive. You might also ask whether there will be any further delays. I would be stupid to promise none, as if there happened to be a complication with the final glueing process (for example) then I'd be opening myself up to attack, but I can say that I believe this is the final part of the puzzle and I can't see any other places where there could potentially be a delay. Since the remaining part is to assemble them, that process is something that isn't affected by my file and is in the hands of the fantastic and highly competent team of printers involved. I will of course keep people informed, and I can promise that they will be sent as soon as we receive them (even if I have to personally address and send each one myself!) I have spoken to Pete and we've talked about whether it would be a good idea to release the video files this week, but we believe that they really need to be seen in conjunction with the book to be understood so they will be also be released when the book arrives. If anyone is in the UK and hasn't preordered, all being well I'll expect to have some with me at the LADS convention on the 24th. Thanks for your patience, and apologies from me for the unforeseen delay.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1561 Posts

Profile of 252life
Thanks for the update.
Of course we're anxious to dig into this, but stuff happens.
It's obvious you guys are crossing your T's, and dotting your I's.
No worries here.

252AwaitingSantaTurner
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3819 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2017, swood wrote:
Okay - after a frenetic few days let me give you an update. Presale orders have been closed. They were kept open for a short while after the advertised one week window, then quietly closed. A formal announcement wasn't made, but it just wasn't advertised any more which had pretty much the same effect. The response has been really high, which resulted in the initial order being increased. I posted before about a delay due to some of the artwork having to be redone, which we resolved by the beginning of last week and a delivery date of early this week was set. It's with a heavy heart that I have to report a further delay, due to a compatibility issue between the file type and size that I sent and the print software, which affects some of the fonts used (they don't print correctly as a result). There have been a few potential fixes, which we've looked into and have now been resolved. I understand that this is not good news for those waiting and I'm sorry to have to tell you it. Each part of the production process is unique and the previous stages didn't show up any other problems. I believe this is the final part, as the covers are already complete and printed, and the new file has now been rescheduled for final print. That means that production can continue but delivery to us will now be early next week. I understand this may elicit some negative responses, and some may choose to comment on it, but please bear in mind that it isn't Pete's fault, and whilst the holdup is at the printers it isn't their fault either. If anyone is at fault it's me, as I didn't understand the parameters for the master file that the printers needed in order to complete the job on time. Pete is filming this week and will probably be unable to answer queries, so please vent your anger at me if that's how you feel. I do share your frustration and will be glad to see the back of this project, but only because I want it to be completed and I know that everyone involved (including me) is immensely proud of the end result. If anyone has any further questions then again please get in touch and I will do what I can to get back to you. Please bear in mind that I am completely stretched and with a big response to the presale order, you may need to be patient. However, I will try to respond within a day if I can, depending on how many enquiries I receive. You might also ask whether there will be any further delays. I would be stupid to promise none, as if there happened to be a complication with the final glueing process (for example) then I'd be opening myself up to attack, but I can say that I believe this is the final part of the puzzle and I can't see any other places where there could potentially be a delay. Since the remaining part is to assemble them, that process is something that isn't affected by my file and is in the hands of the fantastic and highly competent team of printers involved. I will of course keep people informed, and I can promise that they will be sent as soon as we receive them (even if I have to personally address and send each one myself!) I have spoken to Pete and we've talked about whether it would be a good idea to release the video files this week, but we believe that they really need to be seen in conjunction with the book to be understood so they will be also be released when the book arrives. If anyone is in the UK and hasn't preordered, all being well I'll expect to have some with me at the LADS convention on the 24th. Thanks for your patience, and apologies from me for the unforeseen delay.

Dammit man, don't you know how to use Adobe Acrobat? Shame! Trololololol.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Apparently not. This was more about not understanding what they needed but I'll see it as an opportunity for education. Just can't get the staff nowadays. Especially when I am the staff! Smile
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3241 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Also swood, please consider putting some paragraph breaks in your posts! Wall of text is hard to parse, especially on mobile devices....
New Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1561 Posts

Profile of 252life
Guess you're not a Cormack McCarthy fan lol

-Theodore Annemann
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Thanks for your grammatical advice. I will consider it. This time I was writing on my phone and in a hurry and just wanted to update people quickly.
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
Thanks for the update Steve. I'll cancel my holiday Smile
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Good plan.

If you fancy addressing some envelopes. ..
Juno-How
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Juno-How
I can help you address the first one Smile
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
That's great, thanks. Unfortunately that one isn't yours.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
(Tongue firmly in cheek.)
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1561 Posts

Profile of 252life
Steve, I do not read quickly. I would appreciate it if you could type slower in the future.

252DOH!

-Theodore Annemann
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
Thanks. I'll also try to bear that in mind.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1561 Posts

Profile of 252life
Smile

-Theodore Annemann
tomd
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of tomd
Any news?
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
I believe everything us on track for them be sent out this week. We should also have some for sale at the UK LADS convention this Sunday.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of swood
'Is' not 'us'!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
918 Posts

Profile of jbadman
This sounds great - and I'm potentially interested, however this really puts me off:

"(Pre-orders will receive a bonus routine and subtleties not available in the commercial release)."

Seems wrong to hold back subtleties like this; shouldn't these really be in the final product? Some of us have already invested in Isabella's Star, so to buy a V3 and still know we're not getting the 'final' version...

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (220 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..32..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL