The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34~35~36 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Users/purchasers want to identify with others purchasers that they identify with...

So pre-order and exclusive content is for early adopters and people who identify with what is being offered...

Look at the gaming market, it's generally comparable to magic... Consumed and resold, users that identify with certain brands and are fanboy/girl over it...

Anyway, not arguing it, I've worked in design and branding for a couple of decades now, so you believe what you wanna...

You're flogging a dead horse going on about it...
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
And every one is getting the full package...why don't you want to understand that? Pre-order and get an extra cherry on top...

You're just trolling...
I've asked to be banned
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Not trolling at all

I was in here before and gave links

What do you mean by gaming?

As board game companies that use KS have leaned the hard way and most of the big reputable companies (or the smaller ones who understand the market) no longer offer exclusive content

They learned from the bad feelings and damage it brought them (in sales as well as on going brand appeal)

There have been pages written by companies saying they will no longer do this short term sales boost (as it reduces sales and destroys their reoutation) and pages and pages from consumers saying they won't ever buy off x or y because of these deals

Of course anyone buying later on (not getting the video tutorials and extra sublties) is not getting the full package
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, IAIN wrote:

Look at the gaming market, it's generally comparable to magic... Consumed and resold, users that identify with certain brands and are fanboy/girl over it....

Exactly my point

Why would PT's ppl be so silly as to run short term pre sake hype that will annoy and lose some of these fanatics that were in love with the PT brand

There really is no upside

It's stupid

Just say extra content can be bought for £5 afterwards

And early birds still get the same warm feeling

And you don't alienate some of your 'fan'/brand base
boboswitch
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of boboswitch
One voice from a fan of the "PT brand" -- there is no way, no how, no conceivable reason why someone who TRULY appreciates and realizes what Pete has brought to mentalism when he started sharing will stop being fascinated by how Pete structures and thinks. For some, he has single-handedly "changed the deal." Yes, there are the classics. Yes, there are the established "names." However, for those who don't happen to have as strong of an appreciation of the genius of Pete I quote a popular bumper sticker, "If I have to explain, you just wouldn't understand." No Peter Turner fan is going anywhere. Sure, he may lose 2 to 3 vocal minority voices but he will continue to pick up scores of others who discover his work and thinking. And, I'm pretty certain that anyone who has actually MET Pete would never be "fair-weather fans" at all. Pete has nothing to worry about. No, Peter Turner does not know me but I'm thankful to know him somewhat through his work. I live one-half of the world away from Pete and would have no way to be exposed to his thinking if he did not share. Disagree and say whatever you will, but I guarantee that the Peter Turner "base" will be unmoved, strong, and only grow.

Respectfully,

Frank
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I totally agree with Frank. I’ve been fortunate to have multiple Skype chats with Peter and I always leave the conversation thrilled to have chatted with someone so knowledgeable and so kind. He is GENUINELY one of the nicest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting with the biggest heart of anyone I’ve seen. So it is honestly a little hurtful to ME when I see people disrespect Peter on here. You don’t have to like his material, but there is absolutely no reason to say I’ll-fated things towards him or the way he runs his business. In fact, as others have stated, we should be HONOED that Pete cares enough about the community to share a piece of his brilliant mind.

Thank you Peter for continually giving generously to the community and for being THE BIGGEST gentleman in the business.

Madison
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Err ok...

He's so great and wonderful...

That means it doesn't matter.

Wow… People have implied that I’m the troll????

I realise you think you are coming from a good place and are helping PT.

But already people have posted on here, and PM’d me that they are unhappy and will not be buying this project – as they can’t get the full content.

It was a stupid decision.

That doesn’t mean I think this book will be anything but brilliant. I just think the marketing of it was a kind gesture [hype] that was obviously going to be an own goal.

Yes PT will get more fans in the future

That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t care about those he alienates today

Someone said they worked in the computer game industry. And this was good/common practice there. I just googled that. Nope – it has had the same effect. It gives you a short term hype [sales push] – but tanks your brand and kills after release sales. It's really not rocket science.

I’m happy for PT to listen to his devoted followers – I have better things to do than keep trying to offer advice. Remember he took the p and suggested I run his marketing department. Hmm. But I mentioned all of this before it was too late… the solution was so simple. Effortless. And would make him more money. But hey ho…

Sorry to be such a ‘Cassandra’
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
No - you offered 'advice' where none was asked for, and in a particularly critical way. PT made it clear that he is not an expert in marketing and offered you an opportunity which you turned down. You have repeatedly made reference to PT's 'people' and 'brand'. Since I am one of the closest to this it seems likely that refers to me. But let's get it right. I happen to have helped Pete write a book. I spent a long time on it. I'm proud of the result, and excited for its release as I believe those that read it will get a lot from it. You and others are free to agree or disagree - it will be out there this week. I am not part of 'team PT' that advises him on his brand or claims to be a marketing expert, any more than Pete does. He is perfectly able to make his own decisions and has chosen to do it in this way. You are free to like it or otherwise, but your continued trolling of this thread with 'advice' serves no purpose than to trash the reputation of the product before it is released, which is very unfair. There is no compulsion or requirement for advice to be taken up but you seem determined to repeat it ad infinitum, asserting that you 'told them so', because it didn't go the way that you wanted it to. And no amount of people offering alternative views or precedents in other equivalent markets will convince you, so you continue to talk about his 'people' in a derogatory way. I'm fine with that - it's water off a duck's back to me and I respect your right to your point of view - but not with repeatedly dominating a thread because you refuse to consider alternatives to your opinion (which you have made at length). Anyone who knows Pete will know that he is the most generous person around and he is so much more interested in producing and sharing good work than cynical marketing ploys (or, as you have repeatedly stated without evidence, marketing 'BS'). If you have better things to do than to try to offer advice then I hope you will now do them, leaving people to comment on the product when it comes out. I also have better things to do than to be baited by trolls, so I also intend to do them and leave this now. I really hope that those who decide to purchase enjoy the routine, and I really look forward to talking about it in person or via pm. I came on here to give an update on the print and release, which I have done, and I will now leave again - in the hope that sensible readers will have better things to do than to repeatedly trash me or PT's intentions and will instead get this thread back on to talking about the routine.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Paragraphs are your friend

I'm on a phone and manage them

Not sure how you define a troll

But I have said, many times, I expect this to be brilliant, and in effect recommended it (without having seen it) as logically (from PT interest in this field) I think it will be great. I also told the guys who are annoyed to miss out on the extras that even the basic commercial version will (I'm betting) be worth the money

And that is why I have bought it

I also am more than happy (as I'm sure everyone else who pre ordered) for everyone to get the extra videos and routine

I don't want the pirates to win, I don't want PT to lose out

But to you I'm a troll

Nice one

All the best
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, swood wrote:
I believe everything is on track for them be sent out this week. We should also have some for sale at the UK LADS convention this Sunday.

I'm not going to LADS, but preordered a long time ago so looking forward to receiving it later this week then.

24,000 posts before an item has been dispatched I guess isn't too bad regarding marketing! And nobody has mentioned an edited performance either in the trailer..... OMG, what's the world coming to! LOL. Looking forward to hearing the reviews next week.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
He performed this for me over Skype and blew my mind.

The subtleties provided in the pre-order version make all the difference imho.
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, The Duster wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 19, 2017, Yuan Moons wrote:
Jesus king14! iwant, I deserve, I should have... The Sense of greedy entitlement you have is embarrassing. Just read back what you’re saying!!!

Surely the 'greedy entitled' ones

Are those that want the extra content to NOT be given to future purchasers ?

As they neither care for future customers or PT brand and reputation

Those are the ones who want to hoard their extra special super secret add ons

Why shouldn't everyone get the full package

It's stupid any other way

Both not fair and doesn't effect us (who did preorder)

It seems simple. Everyone is getting the full package. The full package is the book!

The videos were something extra that Peter did because those that preordered had to wait longer than expected.

What if he gives everyone the videos he made then makes an additional video only for those that preordered. Would you still complain it’s not the full package and want that one too? The guy tries to do right by the early purchasers but it seems like he just can’t win.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
I just received the bonus videos via passenger pigeon, and I can confirm that these subtleties are not only amazing but also needed to do the effect.

🙄🙄🙄
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Completely untrue but that made me laugh. 😃
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
In fact only the title page was supposed to be in the main release, but we caved in and decided to give people the rest of the book. 😃
Shaukat
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Shaukat
Quote:
On Sep 20, 2017, swood wrote:
No - you offered 'advice' where none was asked for, and in a particularly critical way. PT made it clear that he is not an expert in marketing and offered you an opportunity which you turned down. You have repeatedly made reference to PT's 'people' and 'brand'. Since I am one of the closest to this it seems likely that refers to me. But let's get it right. I happen to have helped Pete write a book. I spent a long time on it. I'm proud of the result, and excited for its release as I believe those that read it will get a lot from it. You and others are free to agree or disagree - it will be out there this week. I am not part of 'team PT' that advises him on his brand or claims to be a marketing expert, any more than Pete does. He is perfectly able to make his own decisions and has chosen to do it in this way. You are free to like it or otherwise, but your continued trolling of this thread with 'advice' serves no purpose than to trash the reputation of the product before it is released, which is very unfair. There is no compulsion or requirement for advice to be taken up but you seem determined to repeat it ad infinitum, asserting that you 'told them so', because it didn't go the way that you wanted it to. And no amount of people offering alternative views or precedents in other equivalent markets will convince you, so you continue to talk about his 'people' in a derogatory way. I'm fine with that - it's water off a duck's back to me and I respect your right to your point of view - but not with repeatedly dominating a thread because you refuse to consider alternatives to your opinion (which you have made at length). Anyone who knows Pete will know that he is the most generous person around and he is so much more interested in producing and sharing good work than cynical marketing ploys (or, as you have repeatedly stated without evidence, marketing 'BS'). If you have better things to do than to try to offer advice then I hope you will now do them, leaving people to comment on the product when it comes out. I also have better things to do than to be baited by trolls, so I also intend to do them and leave this now. I really hope that those who decide to purchase enjoy the routine, and I really look forward to talking about it in person or via pm. I came on here to give an update on the print and release, which I have done, and I will now leave again - in the hope that sensible readers will have better things to do than to repeatedly trash me or PT's intentions and will instead get this thread back on to talking about the routine.

I sincerely hope there are paragraphs in the book. This is just freaking me out!
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Geez, keep fanning the flames, guys Smile
All this back and forth caused by the use of the word "subtleties" for people who preordered (no one is upset the bonus routine is not included). Poor choice of words maybe as it insinuates that the commercial release is less effective or less complete. Pete and Steve have been crystal clear on this long thread that this is not the case. Lesson learned. Discussion closed.

I put in my order June 28th, glad to hear it's getting close now.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Of course - those who didn't pre order but now buy it at LADS get their copies with extra exclusive [to LADS] "subtleties"... their books come with paragraphs

x
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
There's no need for you to read my post if you don't like the lack of paragraphs. When I write or proof books, I use a much better package than this. However it's a fair point and if I choose to post a long post then I'll try to remember to take it on board.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
And whilst the point may be fair, the way of making it isn't. Cheap shots but water off a duck's back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL