The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..34~35~36 [Next]
Yarden_Aviv
View Profile
New user
Israel
33 Posts

Profile of Yarden_Aviv
I didn't get my book yet.. and I placed my order over a month ago, anyone else?
The new closer to your Ambitious Card routine: Transcend
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
The books got shipped this week - anyone who didn't leave an address on PayPal won't have received a book and countries outside of the U.K be patient guys Smile

Pete x
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2017, Peter_turner wrote:
The books got shipped this week - anyone who didn't leave an address on PayPal won't have received a book and countries outside of the U.K be patient guys Smile

Pete x

I live in the States, how dare you tell me to be patient! The balls on this Peter Turner character. Smh. Trolololol.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Maybe the queen being on the money over here might make a difference in delivery times? 😢
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Not unless she starts driving for Royal Mail . . .
MitchellK
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of MitchellK
Isabella’s Star 3 is amazing. Pete first showed me this over Skype a while ago, but I’m such a short time it’s come so far. It’s honestky incredible. Star sign. Thought of Name. And the date of birth. The spectators have to be able to concentrate in terms of ensuring things go 100% right, but even if they mess up you will still get the star sign and name they are thinking of. With nothing written down. Some may have an issue with propless Mentalism but this is one of the moat sure fire things that there is. I can’t speak highly enough of this, or of Pete. I’ve been a huge fan for a while and he’s a top guy.

This is heralded as the solution to this plot and I honestly think it is. A combination of techniques all used together. This is packed full of subtleties and other effects outlined. It should be more money! A steal at the price it is.

Mitchell
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
I received mine today. This is by far a leap above IS2 in terms of the production. The layout is much clearer and aesthetically pleasing. This in turn lends itself to easier reading and learning.
Without giving anything away, I'll echo the previous review that says some people will dump this and some people will apply their own personalities and really fly with this.
The accompanying video files and documents are nice, and add an enjoyable depth to proceedings whilst studying the material.
Will everyone love it? Probably not.
Is it worth the hype and price? A resounding yes.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
So, will everyone love this. No. Do I love it. YES. This will require work to master, and for that reason many magicians will shy away from it.

I’m taking this bit by bit. Peter has cleverly broken the routine into seperate sections, some of which can be performed separately. That’s what I intend to do and then progress.

At the end of the day, this is propless routine and kills. But it will require work.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Wow. So pleased you are liking it, and I know Pete will feel the same. This was always a real labour of love and to know that our view that it was worth it is shared by those who have read it means so much. Enjoy it!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Arrived in France today !
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
Since it arrived I have only had time to skim through it, but I can already see that it will need study.

I will be studying.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1355 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Thank you guys Smile I love reading that you are enjoying it Smile

I’d love to hear your stories of killing with any part of this routine! X
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I might be an idiot but I can't access the video files (there's nothing there), and yes I did do the thing that says on the slip of paper.

EDIT:

never mind, it didn't work on chrome but worked in firefox for some reason.
Reader discretion is advised.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I think there is an absolute gem of a subtlety in the name portion of this that can be applied to a limitless variety of routines. Increasingly I think of IS3 as a kind of advanced course in learning silent compromise prop-less techniques and the art of jazzing. Even if you don't use the routine the way Peter does -and I'm still not totally convinced a PA is a universal solution for a star sign- you will learn a lot.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
I agree - I think it was always conceived as a set of techniques that blend together, and the blend can be changed to suit the individual. The star sign section in the book provides a quick and easy to learn solution, which I think was the right way to go for a commercially released routine that some will already consider complex. It makes the complete presentation faster than some of the alternatives. I also think that Pete's subtleties do help the published solution to play very well. However, there are definitely a range of other possibilities for those who prefer a different route. In fact, volume 9 of Pete's ebook masterclass series is devoted to star sign divinations. Included is one of my favourites, The Frame, where the spectator says nothing and at the end of the script you can tell them their star sign. As an alternative, Mark Chandaue's Ophiucus and Aire Allegro's Told You So could also be used if you were happy to mix cards or a phone with propless.
swood
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of swood
Steve Haresign is also credited in IS3 for the principle behind part of the name section. His work on that principle is well worth checking out and will be published in his book, scheduled for release next year.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Received my copy this morning, thanks so much to Steve for getting this out to me.
P.S. Far too early to review at this point but this seems good, very good. As a person who has little time for most propless mentalism this seems to take the strongest, most surefire techniques and put them into one tight, well though out, concise and workable package.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Quote:
On Oct 1, 2017, Peter_turner wrote:
Thank you guys Smile I love reading that you are enjoying it Smile

I’d love to hear your stories of killing with any part of this routine! X

I'll look forward to trying this out on folks. Though I can of course be bribed to simply make up great stories by a madras in Akbars or Kashmir ;-p Kidding aside...really looking forward to using this, but, it deserves study before I attempt it.
Adam Hince
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
509 Posts

Profile of Adam Hince
Just got mine today, here in the States. Haven't had a chance to read yet, but I can't wait till I have chance later!

-AH
Magidoc
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Magidoc
What??! I'm in Pittsburgh too but didn't get mine yet... Hopefully tomorrow, or the postal workers could have realized the potential of the book and stole it for themselves :/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Isabella Star 3 by Peter Turner (236 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..34~35~36 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL