The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Powerless Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We the dead are invisible! Why? Why because we have lost all our power, that’s why. So then, gravity is not a power but a lack of it. It is our power which keeps us up as opposed to gravities power pulling us down. So then, magic is not a power. Well, rather it does not have to be so. Rather than using one's magic power to make the card vanish, instead, use ones magic ability to withdraw the power from the card and it will vanish! Of course, after one has got the power from one card and made it vanish, then one can use that power to make another one appear.

Smile

I wonder if Pop could make a power sucker from an old vacuum cleaner.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
My grandma God rest her soul, still has power - it manifests itself every day in how I act and the decisions I make. So death and invisibility doesn't mean powerless. Gravity is a law and laws have power - just try to oppose one. Or maybe I am missing the point?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The point is magicians and people think in terms of the magicians having power, the magic wand is a symbol of his power. However, a magician could make-believe things have power or energy and when that is removed from the physical thing is gone! The invisible power that was in physical thing has gone has not gone because the magician now has it. A magician then could make-believe he is using that power he now has to produce something out of nothing! Do you follow me?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

So that transfer of power is up to the magician, assuming the magician is up to the task, right? You have an interesting way up of putting things.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In all card entertainments the more palaver the more the interest is excited, and the address and patter of the performer will count as much if not more than his skill in manipulation. Find a card routine wherein cards vanish and appear; now fitting the words to the action babble some nonsense about power and energy vampires for their amusement.

Tommy
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Thanks for the link!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Powerless Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL