The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking rubberbands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
The other night I was out with a few magicians, and one guy showed me the best linking rubberbands I have ever seen. It starts out in a similar position to Dan Harlan's, but when the bands are linked, only one is held by the hands, and the other is very cleanly linked and hanging from the other band. I'm pretty sure there weren't any gimmicks since he borrowed the bands. I have a theory that it's similar to the broken and restored rubberband, but I'm not too sure. Does anyone know which linking bands I'm talking about and where I can find it?
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I don't know of any linking rubber band routines that are purely impromptu and that end with the bands truely linked. However, it sounds like it could be Linked 4 Life by Andy Leviss. You can check it out at http://www.asquaredproductions.com
Hope this helps.
Nicholas
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
I'm pretty sure this was Chris Kenner's "Missing Link."
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Yes, I think it is Kenner's Missing Link!
Jonathan.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10706 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is Chris Kenner's Missing Link.
It is the best impromptu linking bands effect.
This can be found in Totally Out of Control by C Kenner...
I also believe Dan Harlan has this effect on one of his videos...

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Was the top band stretched between the two fingers horizontally and the other band hanging from the bottom of that one? If so this was Kenner's Missing Link which can be found on the Harlan videos. If not, and he was holding the top band by two fingers or something and the bands were both hanging, then it's something else such as Linked for Life. He may have done a band switch on you and you didn't know...ask him.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I am not sure that the Missing Link is on the Dan Harlan's video. If I am not misremembering, it is not on his "Rubberband Magic" trilogy.
Jonathan.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Yes, it is on either vol 1 or 2 of the trilogy. From the way it is being described, I pretty sure it is Kenner's Missing Link.
Bernard Sim
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10706 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Benard Sim also has an excellent effect called "Really Linked."
You should check this out.
Also if you go to magicvideodepot.com you can see my demo of MISSING LINK.
Look under author or title.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
A while back there was an effect called Ebony and Ivory that was AMAZING but it was about $60 or so...a lot for a close up linking band effect. You had to see the effect to believe it. If I remember correctly: One strand melted through another single strand then popped back through. The single strands melted through each other one more time and the bands were held dangling from one hand. One band was broken to get the other off. The broken band was then threaded and tied through the other band. The knot is then picked off the two linked bands and everything is handed out. It looked GREAT.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I think it is Missing Link. I talked to my friend again and he said it wasn't Harlan's but it was on the trilogy. Thanks.
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Vinny, thanks for the plug.
Bernard Sim
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10706 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
You are welcome Benard. More people should know about it. Really Linked is excellent. I first read about it in Scott Guinn's book.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

p.aulo.r
View Profile
New user
Portugal
37 Posts

Profile of p.aulo.r
Chris Kenner's Missing Link is on Harlan's Rubber Band Magic vol. 2. It's included in a routine with another two linking effects and a transposition (around minute 21 on the tape).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Linking rubberbands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL