The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Fake News (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
We live in two worlds; the real world and the surreal world. Those who know where one ends and the other begins are not telling. The interrelationship between the surreal and real worlds and our apparent ability to control either one the other is the very definition of magic. "There are no more Queens in the deck? Thanks!" (Take deck back.) "But are we all quite sure that the cards on the table are the four Queens? Please examine them." Is it fake or real, surreal or real, news?

This part, however, is not only fake news but fake news which they know is fake news: "We shall assume that it is the occasion of a public reception, our table the hall, our deck the common herd, and we may fittingly select the four Queens as representing the feminine portion of the Smart Set." So they go along with this fake news for amusement.

The Exclusive Coterie in quotes.

This is the news – the new story for today. Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Fake

A person, the vast majority of the time a female, who acts too nice to be real in order to lure in pathetic dopes and use/betray them, frequently crushing the victim's soul in the process. Symptoms of fakeness include wearing a huge, phony, Botox-looking smile the entire time, saying "Hiiiiii! How are you!" a lot, using an overly sweet tone of voice that's so dripping with sap it makes you want to vomit, and just generally being overly perky all the time. A fake chooses her victims very carefully, usually very naive individuals, waits until the victim has divulged their deepest, darkest secrets, then spreads them all over the school and makes sure the victim is absolutely miserable. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Smile

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fake
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
? "A person, the vast majority of the time a female, " - what are they the rest of the time?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The surreal ... no more Queens in the pack you say... that and modern transgender politics suggests a different palaver ... "that's no lady"...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile

Any question may be dramatised but the most important thing is always to doubt the importance of the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIVgUjj6RxU

Tommy
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Lol... WTF are we talking about? There are times on this board that I feel I'm the only one not on the same meds as the rest. I just want to do good magic on stage.
Ray Pierce
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Your wish is my command but without an audience who will appreciate it my boy is a mystery.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If the moon was his stage, as opposed to the world of meds we are on, the good magician might dramatise the question of whether or not the moon landing was fake - while most importantly doubting the importance of the question. “Astronauts or Acrobats - that is the question." "We shall assume that it is the occasion of the alleged apollo moon mission, our table the surface of the moon.”

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Fake News (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL