The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Angel by Paul Harris (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Yes, It's now available at Penguin. Looking forward to an 'in hands' review before I order this. I like the effects and think it will be a 'lady pleaser' for sure.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Here is my review:

Quantum Angel by Paul Harris
Retail price: $34.95
Video length: over 1 hour

This effect is like a 4D version of Card-Toon. With this one, spectators can take out the message from the little envelope. You are not limited to reveal their chosen card. The message can really be anything (eg. words, drawings...) that fits onto the piece of paper. You get a lot of normal paper in two sizes. If you run out, you can use any kind of paper, so you don't really need refills. There are many ways that you can perform with the supplied gimmicks. The video teaches how to show spectators both sides of the cards before you perform. The move is easy to learn, and I think it would enhance the effect. They also show a way to make the envelope fly out!

Similar to Card-Toon, it might be a little difficult to perform it for a big crowd, because you need to make sure the spectators can see the animation at the right angle. Chris Turchi and Brandon David mentioned in the video that once these are gone, they won't be able to reprint. So, be gentle with your cards!

Is it difficult to learn?
The video shows several routines that you can use. If you can riffle a deck, you are ready for at least one of the routines. Other routines are not difficult too, but you do need some time to practice.

Do you need to buy anything extra to perform?
You will need a regular sharpie to perform one of routines. It is not required for other routines.

Any arts and crafts involved?
You do need to do something to the sharpie for the routine I mentioned above, but it's really easy. It shouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

What is the difference between Card-Toon and Quantum Angel?
The main difference is that Card-Toon is a 2D effect, and Quantum Angel is a 4D effect. Also, Quantum Angel is not as thick as Card-Toon. I say it is about half of the size.

Do you need the band around the deck to perform this effect?
Yes for one of the routines.

I really love this effect, and I don't think I can go back to Card-Toon. If you like Card-Toon, you will DEFINITELY like Quantum Angel~
Please let me know if you have any questions. I will try my best to answer without revealing the secrets.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1037 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
GREAT review, Magic KL!! Thanks.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 17, 2017, rosariorose9 wrote:
GREAT review, Magic KL!! Thanks.

You are very welcome. It's an honor to help others on the Café. Smile
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Here's a full video review from hocus pocus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSx9aFmdznA
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi All

I keep getting this question..so wanted to clarify again.
You can do a live real time prediction of any name or initials.
There is no preshow/preset. The name/initials that appear on the note in the
tiny angel envelope is the same name/initials that the spectator mentioned a moment ago!

It's a super easy perfect beautiful method that invisibly happens during the normal actions of the effect.

Hope this helps.

Janet Harris
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4329 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Proberly going to leave it as I don't like the refill type of think, plus need a few more gigs coming in to keep spending out, but it is a cool efect for sure.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of mantel
Does anyone know exactly how many cards you receive?
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2017, mantel wrote:
Does anyone know exactly how many cards you receive?

16 cards
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2017, MitchC wrote:
Interesting that 'when they're gone, they're gone' - Leftover old inventory re-worked. Bicycle no longer making back design gaffs...so sounds like, if this appeals to you, get one sooner rather than later eh ?

When I heard that, the first thing that came to my mind was...

The guy who usually sells his "out of stock" effects at the same price as retail (or sometimes even higher) at the Tricks for sale section will buy a few of these for sure. 😂
samllevy
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of samllevy
Here is a demo from Propdog, they find the product very well made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeW5Yo6KME
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of makulit974
I just received this. This is a worker. I had guessed the handling because this is very similar to "Anything" by Ben Williams with the added Card Toon Bonus.
I think the cards will last a long time as long as they go back in the envelope. It is very easy and will go in my set right away.
You receive a lot of extra "gimmicks". One thing I wish would have been added are extra force cards. But I'll make more for sure.

If you like what you see on the trailer, you will like this. WYSIWYG!

Can't wait to use it this weekend!!!

Patrick
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1732 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2017, samllevy wrote:
Here is a demo from Propdog, they find the product very well made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeW5Yo6KME

That demo sold it for me.
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
To answer the refill question. The only regular refill needed is the small note papers. But these
Are just normal paper. So if you go through the supplied note papers..you can use any thin stock
Paper of any color that you'd like. So almost no extra costs here for you.

Joy

Janet Harris
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Got this & love it.

Obviously been well thought out & worked by genius P. Harris & his team.

Really wish Paul would appear briefly on these dvd 's now and again as he is great( Please Janet just for a minute or so ha)

The only fault with mine is one of the 2 envelopes is stuck together so I can't get the message in, so hopefully there will be replacement kits in the future.

Worked tonight & even though it is easy to do I didn't do it as easy still needs rehearsal.

Will be using it though from tomorrow & all over the weekend.

Great release rom a great team which I will work.

Mike Donoghue
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
This is nuts! Going to keep posting until this is clear. We are still
Seeing dealer's ads for this that say Quantum Angel
Is not a real time prediction..just a way
To reveal a preloaded message. This is not true!!
The big deal here is that any name or word
Called out will appear in the mini envelope. No preshow or preset. This is a real deal
Live impossible prediction of any name!!

Only thing I can imagine here is that some dealers
Are watching the first beginners routine in the tutorial
And not going into the feature effect..which is the real time
Name prediction.

So please spread the word! This name prediction is such
An astonishing thing it would be s shame to miss this.

Joy

Janet Harris
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2017, PHSIS wrote:
This is nuts! Going to keep posting until this is clear. We are still
Seeing dealer's ads for this that say Quantum Angel
Is not a real time prediction..just a way
To reveal a preloaded message. This is not true!!
The big deal here is that any name or word
Called out will appear in the mini envelope. No preshow or preset. This is a real deal
Live impossible prediction of any name!!

Only thing I can imagine here is that some dealers
Are watching the first beginners routine in the tutorial
And not going into the feature effect..which is the real time
Name prediction.

So please spread the word! This name prediction is such
An astonishing thing it would be s shame to miss this.

Joy

Janet Harris

How can people miss that? This is one of the great things that you can do with this effect~
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Our review here

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is devious, love it! It took me just a few minutes to work out a handling that resets very quickly, so perfect for table hopping.

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
drjohn
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of drjohn
I have the original version of this from well over 15 years ago that had a ton of preprinted names for use on the final revelation..... just curious as to how the envelope improves this from the original?
May your darkness come quickly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Angel by Paul Harris (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL