The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Angel by Paul Harris (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi All
Great news! Murphys has just arranged for PHP
to add a "New Tips and Updates" button
to all our new download menus.

This menu button will blink when we've
posted a new tip or update.

This new feature should also be up shortly
on everyone's current Quantum Angel download
Menu.

So check your menu every now and then for the
blinking updates!

Joy

Janet Harris
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
That is great news!! Thank you~
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Done this for several lay persons and the reaction is great!

Just made up a teeny-weeny red backed bicycle card for times when I'm just doing the card selection phase. A tad nicer than just having it written on the slip of paper. Back side up in the envelope, they slide it out, have them name their selection, then turn over the miniature.
Kaan
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Kaan
Hi guys,

Here is my review of Quantum Angel. Hope it helps you out Smile

PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Thanks Mitch!

Yep..the audience reactions to this
are some of the consistently strongest
I've ever seen. And I'm sure many out there
will want to try your mini card reveal. Neat idea.

Janet Harris
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Quick note on Karan's great review:

The customized angel notes can in fact
Be written on the larger folded gold papers.

The only version requiring the smaller gold note
Is the real-time name prediction. And even with that
You could use the larger folded note if you
could live with
A small discrepancy.

Janet Harris
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Yet another great review:

https://youtu.be/mRioJM84LJc

J
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2263 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
MY video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSx9aFmdznA

My written review:

Title: QuAntum Angel
Creator: Paul Harris (Special Thanks to Bro Gilbert)
Publisher: Paul Harris Presents
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 1 hour 5 minutes

Type of effect: Inspired by Dan Harlan's CARD-TOON

Manufacturer's Write Up: "A Bicycle Angel Hand Delivers a special Message to your spectator!" A printed angel visibly reaches into the card's "hyper-dimensional quantum zone" to pull out a tiny "angel" envelope. Sealed inside the envelope, written in ruby red ink on golden paper, is the spectator's secret name or word.
If you can riffle cards, you're ready to QUANTUM!

Watch the Astonishing Demo: No presetting the spectator's word. This is a self-contained real-time miracle. Super Easy. Nothing to palm, load, steal, switch or ditch. Features a killer card prediction with gimmick built right into the unit. Convenient self-contained small packet fits into your shirt pocket ... So no need to carry an extra deck. Resets in seconds. Performed and Taught by Chris Turchi and Brandon David Based on Cardian Angel By Paul Harris and Mike Maxwell

ASTONISH WITH YOUR VERY OWN QUANTUM ANGEL TODAY!

How accurate is the ad copy? Yes, this is what happens

What's in the box? Gimmicks, envelopes, parts and pieces – everything you need to pull off this miracle. (no construction necessary)

Key points: Your Quantum Angel can deliver birthday wishes, your phone number, corporate logo, thank you notes... even a tiny love letter.

How are the production values: The video is “ok” nothing special. About on-par with other Paul Harris videos. You get a set up section filmed at chest high level on a table, the camera pans when the teacher is gesturing or speaking, there is a full studio routine without edits and on screen text to clear up any confusing instructions.

Is it well made: Very well made using USPCC cards. Chris and Brandon do say at the beginning that this is the only opportunity to get this effect, they are more than likely made from old stock that Paul Harris had in his warehouse – so USPCC will not print these anymore.

Is it well taught: Chris Turchi and Brandon David teach you 2 versions – one is a preset force and the second one is where you can do the trick impromptu with a name and card reveal.

On the video you will also get ideas for preloaded messages, tons of tips and move advice, the full impromptu routine is taught twice, once quickly, the second time in a more longer explanation. There is a Svengali deck routine included and a “gimmick repair” section.

You can even jettison the envelope out into your spectator’s hands!

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" It all packs into a black envelope that you could carry in a breastcoat or top pocket.

Does it "play big?" Card animations plus a kicker ending? This trick kills.

Difficulty / Skill level required: It feels like it should be a harder trick to learn, but it’s as simple as “card toon” to perform.

How much arts and crafts are involved? None

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

__X___ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts I love Paul Harris – who doesn’t? This is certainly an astonishing moment that packs a one – two punch.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Nice review David ! Got this and loving performing it.
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Just got this and was hoping to start learning but it will not accept the password. Tells me it is incorrect, even typed it out several times slowly, ensuring I paid attention to lower and upper case. Heck even put it in notepad, copied and pasted and still nothing. Seems I have had more problems with Murphy's site for learning than any other. I did email but doubt will get an answer until sometime tomorrow, hopefully!
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Just tried again mine is working still...?? I'm using Chrome browser BTW
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Check your PM's
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
I received and email from Michael at Murphy's Magic and was given the correct password. Good to go now, and thanks MitchC, came here after checking my mail. I will agree with others on the quality of the instructional video, choppy and disjointed with several repeats. Not to say you cannot learn from it, just seems to jump back and forth almost as if they cut the video at ends of some of the chapters. Will definitely use this!
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of bosque
I've tried this out a couple of times, and so far the reactions have been great. I've only performed it for younger kids so far, and they are enchanted by the animation. I need to do this for some adults to get a real sense of how it goes over, but it looks to me like this is a really good spin on Cardtoon. The real time name prediction kicks it up a notch. Very clever and very easy to perform. I'll probably purchase a backup, if this turns out to be as good as I think it is...
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I got this . Honestly I'm fine with the instructions . Though it's cut and edited a whole ton , it's okay to watch through everything . They're very informative .

That said , the pops you received are simply , fantastic . I see a lot of work has been put into making them , based on the items that came with the package , the price is well justified . I'm really really pleased with this . Thank you Smile
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1644 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
It seems they still haven't fixed this yet as I just got this, went to the download link in instructions and I got good ole 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

The original post was six weeks ago, how has this not been fixed yet???

Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, fcchief1 wrote:
Just got this and was hoping to start learning but it will not accept the password. Tells me it is incorrect, even typed it out several times slowly, ensuring I paid attention to lower and upper case. Heck even put it in notepad, copied and pasted and still nothing. Seems I have had more problems with Murphy's site for learning than any other. I did email but doubt will get an answer until sometime tomorrow, hopefully!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1644 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Problem resolved. The link provided works but were misinterpreted. Thanks to Murphy's for the assist.

Quote:
On Sep 18, 2017, Kaliix wrote:
It seems they still haven't fixed this yet as I just got this, went to the download link in instructions and I got good ole 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

The original post was six weeks ago, how has this not been fixed yet???

Quote:
On Aug 1, 2017, fcchief1 wrote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
Here is my "Marvelous Magic Minute" where is review products in sixty seconds or less. This one is for Quantum Angel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ0aAuCE-ig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Quantum Angel by Paul Harris (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL