The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Xeno by Marc Kerstein - Read ANY Thought (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
Mentalist by Max Krause is an alternative as well for those looking at various apps doing similar things.

Max's apps are really great.
Whilst Menta List and Xeno both have a scrolling element, both are different effects, have different methods and achieve different goals.
Hello! I make magic apps, such as WikiTest, Earworm, Amalgam and Xeno.
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
When this was showed to me 3 songs appeared on the screen and I chose the middle one but my magician friend predicted the top one . Is there anyway to avoid this apart from saying concentrate on the song at the top of the page ? Regards Tarik 😊 Ps other than that it seemed a great great app

It's impossible for 3 songs to appear on the screen at once. Two, yes, but three, no.
The compromise that has been taken to make everything look and feel as natural as possible whilst keeping everything accurate I think is a good one.
m.o.pfeil
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of m.o.pfeil
I did not mean to say your apps (which I own most of) were the same as Max's....just in answer to the previous comments to "how are things similar or not". And thanks for the clarifications. Looks splendid.
I'd rather be read than (w)ri(gh)t(e)
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2017, m.o.pfeil wrote:
I did not mean to say your apps (which I own most of) were the same as Max's....just in answer to the previous comments to "how are things similar or not". And thanks for the clarifications. Looks splendid.

Thanks!
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
107 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Is there any facebook group, just like wikitest, to discuss about this app?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hello Xeno users,

Version 1.1 of Xeno is now making its way to the App Store. It brings Apple Watch support.

Note that this isn't a simple peek watch app. The Apple Watch app is a scaled down version of the Xeno app allowing you to pair and then peek on your wrist.

The update, as always, is free and should be on the App Store shortly.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
169 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Thanks, Mark awesome!
DR
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
This sounds like another great app - well done Marc.
Is there a performance vid if this just to see how it plays? Also now this has Apple Watch support, would this also support pebble?
Thanks
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
I purchased it, just finished reading the instructions and have yet to perform, BUT...

This is 007-level work. I'm really, really impressed with the vision of how Marc approached "app-magic." He does, in my opinion, the best job of using the phone subtly and according to its own nature, as opposed to the phone being a key component in the mind of the audience. If I had this performed on me, I don't know that I would suspect the phone, or technology playing a role--it's so layered and complex, in a good way. This is the type of thing that I can see Jermay, or the Jerx, using and taking to the moon.

For $17, I'm extremely impressed. This feels like propless-level conditions, without the marathons of processes.

***The ONLY thing I'd like to see is Apple Watch capability. That would make this 11/10 for me. Please please tell me this is possible in the near future Mr. Kerstein?***

||sean ||

(Xeno now works with the Apple Watch)!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Since 1.1 of Xeno was released with Apple Watch support, Xeno now also works with tweets and photos:
You can now know what random tweet and photo a spectator is looking at on their phone from Twitter.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
How do we use Xeno with the watch? Does it happen automatically?
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
Tempesta
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
400 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2017, magicmarcuk wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, Tempesta wrote:
I purchased it, just finished reading the instructions and have yet to perform, BUT...

This is 007-level work. I'm really, really impressed with the vision of how Marc approached "app-magic." He does, in my opinion, the best job of using the phone subtly and according to its own nature, as opposed to the phone being a key component in the mind of the audience. If I had this performed on me, I don't know that I would suspect the phone, or technology playing a role--it's so layered and complex, in a good way. This is the type of thing that I can see Jermay, or the Jerx, using and taking to the moon.

For $17, I'm extremely impressed. This feels like propless-level conditions, without the marathons of processes.

***The ONLY thing I'd like to see is Apple Watch capability. That would make this 11/10 for me. Please please tell me this is possible in the near future Mr. Kerstein?***

||sean ||

(Xeno now works with the Apple Watch)!

YOU REMEMBERED! Haha, thank you--this is rad.

||sean ||
//Sean Beard
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
918 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I love phone mentalism.. But for some reason I'm holding off on this. I need someone to tip me over the edge because I really want this!

Any more reviews or a performance video would be nice!
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, TheDirectionalist wrote:
I love phone mentalism.. But for some reason I'm holding off on this. I need someone to tip me over the edge because I really want this!

Any more reviews or a performance video would be nice!

A performance vid would be great (nothing would be exposed as you would be viewing it just as a spectator would with no way of back tracking, working it out yourself and performing it - because you need to buy the app). I think it will give a good indication of how it plays and how strong this possibly is as a contender of magic apps. Which to be honest will probably create a lot more sales.

Those who have this can you please say if this can be used with a pebble please?
Thanks
rrubin98
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta (USA)
277 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
A friend of mine performed Xeno for me over Facebook text chat. Worked like a charm and amazed me! Guess I'm now going to have to purchase this, too! Smile

- Richard
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
This is a lovely app and works well. I wish inject had the apple watch support like this does.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Inject does have Apple support - you can use Apple Watch and pebble.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1420 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I can't figure out how to get xeno working on my Apple Watch. Any help from anyone?
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, MadisonH wrote:
I can't figure out how to get xeno working on my Apple Watch. Any help from anyone?

Make sure your Apple Watch is running the latest watchOS.

Past that, join the Xeno Facebook group and myself or someone else will help there.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1364 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2017, PRINCE wrote:
Inject does have Apple support - you can use Apple Watch and pebble.

The problem with apple watch for inject is it uses notifications and not an app so you have to turn wrist detection off which reset my apple pay everytime I did it. I love inject but this method of apple watch integration is a better solution
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Xeno by Marc Kerstein - Read ANY Thought (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL