The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Nitrate Backwards B'Wave (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Nitrate Backwards B'Wave
Has anyone purchased this effect put out by Big Blind Media and performed by Cameron Francis?

It looks pretty cool and definitely has B'Wave similarities. I'm just curious if anyone has purchased it and can provide a review.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S23035
Mike the Magician
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Hey, virtualwizard! Thanks for starting this thread! Smile

A few FAQs about Nitrate:

It's completely self contained. Only four cards are used.

The procedure of the selection in the original B'Wave is exactly the same as the selection process for this effect (In other words, there is more than one card that can be chosen).

The workings and effect of Nitrate is different than B'Wave.

And, last but certainly not least, Nitrate is NOT a mentalism effect. It is a magic effect. It was not in any way shape or form meant to improve upon the B'Wave effect. Although it starts out the same, the ultimate effect is very different (images are reversed). So let's please not let this thread degenerate into a "which is better" debate. They are different.

Like all of my stuff, it's very practical and reset is a snap.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Is Nitrate a new release ?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Looks real good..
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Hi Cameron,

This looks great. It seems like a little more of a sleight of hand routine than many of your releases.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Afal
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Afal
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2017, Rizzo wrote:
Is Nitrate a new release ?

Not exactly. It has been released before as a PDF (There's a thread about it here http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=446954&forum=159). What's new here is that Big Blind Media provides you with the cards necessary for the trick, with written instructions, and a streaming video link going into more detail with some of the moves required.

I've been playing around with this for around a week now and it's a fun little thing to. I got it through BBM as well so I got the bonus PDF of packet tricks ("Let's Get Small") with it, which is great for me because I've got a bit of a packet trick addiction right now.

Moves are typical of what you expect of packet tricks. The moves are simple but if you're a beginner you'll need to practise them in order to get them to look smooth/natural.

The streaming video (around 16 minutes long) is great for those who hate reading. It goes into some of the moves in a lot more detail, and shows multiple ways to handle the reveal and show the cards at the end.

Like Cameron has said, you shouldn't consider this as a mentalism effect. I wouldn't call it a "B'Wave With A Kicker".
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Thx for the update. I went through my folders and knew it was familiar ! I purchased it from Cameron few years back. Went to card collection and had the 4 cards already ready to go. A quick read through and now back in action. Good quick effect. Basic card handling and a nice magical effect.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I was quite excited when Owen decided to produce this as I was dying to have a professionally produced set of cards! Those of you who own the PDF know that the trick required you to make a gaff that isn't common. Nice to have a proper gaff. Handling feels much better now.

The sleights are simple. I also go over alternate handlings on the video to simplify things even more.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Ghost Counter
View Profile
New user
Plymouth, England
36 Posts

Profile of Ghost Counter
Hi Cameron. Are the cards easily replaceable when they wear out?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

There is one gaff that might be a little difficult to find on its own. But the other two are common.

I'm sure BBM could sort you out with replacements. But don't quote me on that. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Nitrate Backwards B'Wave (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL