The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
ninjaduffy
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
332 Posts

Profile of ninjaduffy
To all newbies,
I have just been playing with my cups and balls, for the first time.I got them a month or so ago, had a quick look and put them in my draw. Last night I sat down with my mat, balls and cups then I opened up my Mark Wilson CMC, and started to go through the routine....

Isnt it cool..... a grown man playing with 3 plastic cups and some soft wolly round things, hours of fun.

Also I have been playing with my brainwave deck, I am not sure if I like it. The times I have performed using it have been good BUT it can be tricky seperating those cards if you know what I mean.

And finally my mind spy wallet... Now I like this but have much to learn on using it properly, I have no experience with wallets whatever and I Know that I am not using it to its full potential. I also know that their must be an easy way of getting a signed card in there, I just have not worked it out......

I must add that I have just made my first bulk order of Svengali cards which I intend to pitch at fairs, markets and festivals..................... my routine is cool........i reckon I can sell many.... what do you think?

So this is what I have been doing for the last couple of days.....

kev UK
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
This is a cool question! I have been running through and practicing some of the effects on a Micheal Close DVD. I've also been seeing how far I can push a stripper deck with the addition of a DB and DF.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I've been attending training classes with my dog Merlin, An Old English Sheepdog, (not the one pictured in the avatar with me but one much larger) This trainer trains dogs for the movies. He found it a challenge that I would like to have Merlin appear in my stage shows so agreed to teach us independently.

Lots of work, but so far he's had Merlin sitting on a crate and two paws on a brick.(The eventually goal is for the dog to take a bow). He sent me home with a brick(ha!)after asking if I had one and a list of training tatics...so that's what I've been doing magically all week. Some day I'll get a chance to use my Blamo box with Merlin, but that's another goal. :O)

C
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
I have been reading and rereading my routines and notes. Handling rope and practicing delivery/timeing of my lines. Looking through my books for something new.
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I had a magician friend over and we watched a few DVDs of mine and talked about magic.

I made up a cool time travel trick last night.

I worked on the routine for a show I'm doing at a local coffehouse/pub.

I practiced some various card and coin sleights, pass, bottom deal, heinstien shuffle, muscle pass, drop out move.

And of course, I spent hours on the magic Café Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I was lecturing on bizarre magic in Toledo, Ohio, at IBM Ring 68.
A good crowd and lots of fun.
Just got back to Canada yesterday.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5352 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
48 hours ago I was performing a stand-up gig at a club/pub (prior to the band) then rounded the evening out doing tablehopping (during band breaks and in the back room).

This afternoon I performed stand-up at a wedding reception. The parents had a sit down dinner around a dance floor and contracted with the wedding planner for a Cabaret type of show while the guests were eating and drinking (and drinking).

The wedding planner put on a nice 30’s style/theme Cabaret. She hired a female jazz singer (very good), a couple dancing (who apparently are State Champions in Ballroom dancing– they were full of energy and great!), a comedy juggler (good laughs and very skillful), and me (White tie, tux with tails, at that!). I also doubled as the MC.

Later I changed out of the tails and put on a regular tux jacket and table hopped for two hours. I got home and unloaded just a half hour ago! Now it’s time to veg out in front of the tube watching a Charley Miller tape that I just acquired from a member here.

Tomorrow is a practice and rehearsal day. Specifically I plan to work on my stand-up coin routine. It’s not good enough to include in an act yet (and my never be at the rate I'm going!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
247 Posts

Profile of BWind
I've been practicing the card side steal and diagonal palm shift from the Erdnase book, trying to get to where I can come close to performing the Leipzig "Opening Card Trick"; I still have a long way to go, also I'll need to accomplish the "hand washing" technique as well;
BWind
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
In the last 48 hours -

I did 2 short sets for an opening at an art gallery.
I've been developing this @%&~^! database of tricks, scripts, lists, etc. most of yesterday.
I went through Daryl's EOCS volume 3 and practiced last night, too late.
Today I'm surfing the Café and working on the database.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
pbg739
View Profile
Veteran user
San Jose, Ca
340 Posts

Profile of pbg739
I had a jam session yesterday, and did some street magic last night.

I have been working on my closeup routine, creating a few more effects, scripting my show, and going thru as much sankey and Malone as I can handle.

Pete
Dawai
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu,Hawaii
131 Posts

Profile of Dawai
Help memebers of the SYM Assembly 107 in their stage magic. For our next magic show in May.
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
Working on the perfect faro....for Gertner's UNSHUFFLED..it's a very addicting thing when you get several perfect faro's in a row!!
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
486 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Spent an evening at "Boomers" (Las Vegas), with the likes of Bob Kohler, Gary Darwin and more, just showing off, Magic.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Jammed all night long with my magician buddies .We practiced old and new slights and amazingly dicovered new moves by accident. We also experimented with the Zenner Cards and thought transmition. We did pretty good!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
I practised my card manipulation routine (thank you Jeff McBride) and started training the newest addition to my routine a 3 month old squirrel.
She is a baby and by far the cutest thing I have ever seen. Easy to train thanks to small pieces of apple. She took a pee on me though and my jeans still smell bad.
Jhonsky
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
112 Posts

Profile of Jhonsky
I've been doing magic to at least about 20-30 different people. Just my regular routines, like cards to pocket, ambitious, transpositions, etc. Some gave me good responses and some didn't. I guess some people are just not magic fans. This kinda discouraged me sometimes, but I got over it by the next enthusiastic crowds.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Just spent an Easter get together with the family. Left them all wondering how CMH is done.
Been following the threads on the Café about the Tbree Shell Game. Deciding which to get. Looks like Whit Hadyn's Street Shells and the Tom Osborne book for starters.

Howard
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
I have been working on my basic coin sleights whenever I walk around. After putting the kids to bed last night, I tried my hand at Dean Dill's "coins, glass and handkerfhief" and other coin routines. I also rehearsed my cups & Balls routine which originated at Mark Wilsons Routine. I find that particular routine gets very good responses and I perform it often. Don't overlok it's siplicity. Give it some time and you will like what it does for you.

Good question by the way,

Enjoy!!

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
alekz
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
86 Posts

Profile of alekz
Shuffling, shuffling, shuffling. Been shuffling all week Smile
And palming. Need a lot more work on that.

Mostly those two. And just for fun I tried stuff like one-handed riffle, pass, top change etc.

Oh, and of course the pretty fans. I love them Smile
threadz
View Profile
New user
TN.
37 Posts

Profile of threadz
Cleaning out my case and getting rid of some junk and tricks that just in the way
www.xtrememagicshop.com

where the magic is limited only by your Imagination!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL