The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Two hours of strolling magic followed by a 45 minute stand up routine for two parties night before last.

Strolling magic during a dinner cruise last night, with an incredible dinner.

Today...blocking out and scripting two routines to be introduced into the act.

Tommorrow, same as today but mostly catching up on paperwork.
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
I've been working on changing my handing of a sponge ball routine and polishing it to make it more magical. I've added some elements to set up more surprise.

I've also put in some time working on the Lepaul spread. How many decks must I wear out before I nail this sucker?
Catmouth
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Catmouth
Just regular old fanning and counts. Oh, and looking on Ebay for another right hand. The one I have had for a while hates fans, da@# him!
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
Come to think of it, over the last 48 hours my only connection with magic has been writing in at TheMagicCafe, Genii, and the MentalistsAsylum.

And oh! I had also placed an online order with Denny & Lee for some audio CDs yesterday.
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Good question..you guys seem to all be close-up workers...busy close-up works Smile So, I thought I'd chime in from the illusion end of things. Last few days? I've been in, and out, of a straight jacket six or seven times..mail bag four times. No show, just practice. On the phone all day yesterday, back and forth about a gig in NY. Combed thru a pile of blueprint books. Worked on rewrites of magic kit instructions for a toy maker in Hong Kong ( you know, "ball place in tube. Move tube ball not show..." Shoot me!) And it's spring cleaning time in the warehouse, where we've proven you can misplace an illusion that's the size of your car...!:)

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Ms. Morgan writes, about rewriting Hong Kong instructions, ' you know, "ball place in tube. Move tube ball not show...".'

AHA! I always wondered who it was that wrote those instructions! LOL!
Bob T.
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Bob T.
Reading Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber, enjoying it very much and rethinking some of my magic.
nakulshenoy
View Profile
New user
Bangalore, India
91 Posts

Profile of nakulshenoy
Can I write in again...

Yesterday I caught up with Lee Earle's MIND. A fabulous treatise of a work.
Nakul Shenoy
The Mind Reader
www.nakulshenoy.com
Will Gordon
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas
124 Posts

Profile of Will Gordon
I've been practicing a couple of Triumph tricks
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
At this time (9:15 am) recently, I am usually reading Sphinx. I have read Vol.1 to VOl.32 til today. I read only all card materials and some of other materials which seems important.

In the train going to the office and coming back from the office, I read Linking Ring. In lunch time at the office, I read The Magic Wand. I still have Phoenix, Gen and Pabular to read.

Other than reading card magic, I think about the ideas about what I have read or I myself found, and I type into the computer what I read and what I created.

The rest of time of a day recently, I am writing a book for one of major publishers (Shufono Tomosha), namely "Hajimeteno Chou-Majutsu"(First Magic Book for You) which is targetted to women. (This is not the rest of my work, but is the main work of course).

Hideo Kato
Philip Chau
View Profile
Regular user
Macau
124 Posts

Profile of Philip Chau
Basically facing the computer, dealing cards onto the table and picking them up again..hahaha..
Really want to work on my bottom, second, third.... deals...
*Jamie*
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of *Jamie*
In the past 48 hours I've gone to the magic store here (where I got my crystal silk tube and some chinese laundry tickets), practiced with my silk tube for a while, played with my TT, tryed the vernon wand spin, and went to school.
-Jamie
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Read some magic books looking for some compatable material for strolling sets.

Rehearsed some cards, coins and a ring & string routine.

Practiced the Syvester Pitch, Tenkai Pinch, Deep Back Clip, bottom and second deals.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Looking back, I watched Aldo Colombini's The Essentials, Mike Close's Signature and David Regal's The Magic of David Regal set. In addition, I also took time to response to postings at the Café. I'm getting ready to write a list of magic tricks that I'd like to perform this weekend.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1712 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Good Topic!!

Yesterday had a meeting with RSA club owner about upcoming shows-Hes very keen for some different entertainment!!

rehearsed a few moves for Linking Rings etc after watching Richard Ross video!!-always inspiring
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2004-04-10 20:53, Harry Murphy wrote:
drinking (and drinking).

Why wasn't I invited Smile
lol I don't drink.

As for the question I've been working on planing my stand-up act, reading forums here at the Café and playing around with my cups and balls(also a cheap plastic set hmm[I'm not big on cups and balls. Maybe some day...]), coins,cards and maybe something else I'm not sure.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
I performed at a mall, then another at a furniture store. Yesterday I worked on my handling of the Mendoza routine and just to make sure I didn't get weak on the cups and balls I practiced the version of cups and balls that Fred Donaldson and I put together before he passed away. I've never performed that routine for anyone, not even family. I will someday.

Oh, I do my 4 minute linking rings routine every single day.

I spent a couple of hours playing with thimbles, just practicing the thumb palm from each finger.
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
Last 48 hrs, lets see... reading the forums, constantly practicing my cp to fp to tenaki and back, filming my french drop and utility switch untill I can't tell when I'm doing them, Practicing Dia Vernons c&b routine with my daughter (I know... its more conventional to use cups and balls:), Reading Absolute magic, pondering the posibilities of a slight (no pun intended) twist to the traveling centavos routine in bobo....omg I'm obsessed! I'd better get back to work and get of this forum!
;)
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Working on some card and coin sleights , Watching some old magic videos in my library , Looking at effects I want to learn in Apocalypse , And looking at the chapters Classic Renditions in the magic of Michael Ammar. that's what I ahve been doing cin the last 48 hours
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
Last 48 hours: I wrote my first manuscript and started to promote my website with it. Resulting in a lot of new additions to our site, which kept me busy with trying out all these new tricks, and sending the manuscript to all the submitters.

Besides that I watched Shade (again)
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL