The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Herrick, Jeff
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Herrick, Jeff
Café'-sleep-Cafe'-eat-cafe'-etc...just kidding
besides here I visited the local Magic Shop and talked Shop, purchased a couple of items for my 8 year-old. Jeff
I'm not looking to be a big star in magic
and that's working out REALLY good so far.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Another couple of sets of 48 for me - I've been reading Nelms's "Magic & Showmanship" and doing a lot of thinking about what he says, and how it could apply to me. I've really not been doing any practicing, though, so I need to rectify that.
Chris Bristow
View Profile
New user
Warwick, Rhode Island
67 Posts

Profile of Chris Bristow
I bought The Complete Walton online. Watched a few videos on MVD. Practiced second deal and pass. Read The Magic of Ascanio. Posted here on the Café.
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
The last 48 hours I've been reading Routined Manipulation and Card Magic of Lepaul, practising card manipulation and the pass, sleeping, and posting on the Café.
Mago Gregorio
View Profile
Elite user
Paris, France
473 Posts

Profile of Mago Gregorio
Read and re read and re read the great Card College by R Giobbi
Smile Smile Smile
islandguy
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of islandguy
Preparing for a cabaret show this Saturday, and a lecture to my Ring in a couple of weeks. Mostly trying to downsize my collection (?accumulation) in preparation for another retirement downsize of house. Making sales lists and reorganizing inventory, is much harder than buying in the 1st place. I will have a series of lists for the Café once I have reached my 50 postings. Keith
kirkmax
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of kirkmax
I've been watching my "ON THE LOOSE" set over and over and over. I can't get enough of them. I must say John and David are kind of a distraction though. I also did Counting the Tens followed by Cards Acrossed on some friends. What a great reaction for a pretty simple tricks.
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
I've been trying out my first card manipulations - a few shuffles and false shuffles, double lift.
I have quickly become baffled at how the pass will ever become good enough to use as a sleight!

been reading hugards' card manipulation series which is great but I'm still waiting for the rrtcm to turn up so I can get to work on some more basic sleights and tricks.

also learnt some juggling but no-one here will care about that so I'll be off now Smile

cole. x
gadget19
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, Nevada
31 Posts

Profile of gadget19
Mostly practicing some coin sleights...reading as much as I can in the Café after work and watched quite a few times the Coinvention DVD mostly Disc 2 the grip forum section over and over...never in my life except the past few days have I had so much change in my pocket!
coleman
View Profile
New user
lahn-dahn, yoo-kay
34 Posts

Profile of coleman
Rrtcm arrived last week so it should be pretty obvious what I've been doing since then.

although I've been tempted to skip ahead to the force (this is something I'd really like to know how to do to make a good few practical mental magic tricks a possibility for me), I have resited Smile
I'm taking the advice of many before me and reading the book slowly and only moving on when I have at least a basic grasp of the concepts and techniques - I haven't even started with the riffle shuffle yet so its going to take a while to get through methinks!

have also been reading quite a bit on the Café but am often a little overwhelmed by the apparent scope of the two branches of magic I'm learning.

cole. x
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
I gave a performance for my grandparents of cups and balls and professers nighmare.
Tarbell!
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Still working on the "Top Gun" from The Godfather...also re-reading Card College Vol.III "A Double Lift From The Center" sleight and an effect utilizing the same called, "The Time Machine"...a very good effect!
:bluebikes:

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Schismatized
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Schismatized
I bought rrtcm. am reading it and a jim steinmeyer book
pasharabbit
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of pasharabbit
Practicing Dai Vernon's 3 card monte routine on Daryl's DVD. Not quite ready for prime time, some times my hype doesn't hype well. It just sort of sits there and laughs at me. Also working on keeping the gaffe covered. Simple card magic but there is a subtety to the 3 card monte routine. I plan to put my kid through college with this game ;>.
Ragiv
View Profile
New user
Prince George, BC
95 Posts

Profile of Ragiv
I have been doing...

-Card manipulations, mainly my Split Fan, and Front hand Split
-Pass, re-re-re-reading the directions for it in RRTCM. I've seen the ellusionist video for the pass, it is completely different in how the top paket is handeled...
-Throwing, and boomeranging Cards. (I've reached the 50 foot mark for distance, but I'm only acurate to about 5 feet. Heheh)

And just recently today, I pulled out my TT for the first time.
Jodie - SOCTV
Fescue
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Fescue
Reading, practicing a couple of passes, practicing the coin roll, palming, and always thinking magical thoughts.
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
I've been doing a lot of shuffling. I've gone back to The Royal Road to Card Magic and I'm working on the Overhand shuffle control.

Incidentally, by doing a search here for "overhand shuffle", I found some useful advice for tidying up my OS, including some excellent exercises by Brad Burt. Thoroughly recommended.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I have been working on the latest design for a couple of magic effects/props that my partner and I have on the market.

Also, have been trying to think up of new effects, so I can design and build them.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
I just received both "Marlo in Spades" and both of Kostya Kimlat's lecture notes in the mail, so I'm working on things out of those (especially the Roadrunner cull from Kostya and the Fan Steal from MiS).
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle shuffle shuffle!

As you can probably tell, I'm patient and very persistent!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL