The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
For the last 48 hours....I was constantly browsing Falsecuts.com and The Magic Café, while doing card fans and riffle shuffles, while practicing my new mentalism trick. And sleeping too. Can't forget that part.
The Presitidigitationist
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
The past 48 hours I have been playing around with my sherwood cups and balls, ninja rings, and todd lassen coins. also sleeping.
TheHungryMagician
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of TheHungryMagician
Practicing the pass
Practicing my ACR
Looking on The Magic Café
Looking for tricks to buy
Forever starving,
Smile Hungry Smile
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I performed a mini-stage show for a paid birthday party; I did some strolling magic in the mall; I met with one of the other Café members and prepared a joint marketing package for a new business; I practiced my Linking Ring routine, and my cups and balls routine; and I am gearing up for a large charity benefit show I have been hired to perform in at the beginning of June.

Oh yeah, I also just received my new Fitopit and so, I'm getting comfortable with that, along with a new bunny puppet that I'm trying to work into my show.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Worked at two different magic shops, worked on cards, cups and balls, rings, etc, daily stuff. Went to a Karyoke night at a bar, never can spell that word. entertained some friends with monte. Reading New Harry Potter
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
I was practising a Waterfall Shuffle and the effect "3SP" from the Beyond ESP2 booklet, because I want to use it in my next show.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Smile For the last 48hrs I have been working on "The Godfather's" (Vinny Marini) "Top Change" & "Top Gun" sleights and hope to achieve mastery with them. I can only hope to get them as deceptive as Vinny's and so I practice as much as I can. I simply love the "Top Gun" and all its versatility so I am concentrating on that sleight at this time. It seems that whenever I pull out my Tallys, I unconsciously begin to practice that sleight to the point of obsession!
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
The last 48, I've been working on springing the cards, which has eluded (sp?) me until recently. I also have been practicing the Peter Nardi/Marc Spelmann routine Mind Control. A review is forthcoming, but what I see, this can kill!
Eric Dittelman
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
179 Posts

Profile of Eric Dittelman
Well in the past 48 hours (since all I do at work is browse the internet):

I spent probably 35 hours browsing the magic Café (jk...probably more like 25! HA!)
I spent just as much time searching magic auction and other magic dealer's websites

Watched Shade with audio commentary

Performed Morgan's Liquid Metal routine in front of people for the first time

Started Giobbi Vol. 3

Practiced some more false cuts

LDS's a bunch of cards for fun (it's a reflex now)

And worked on my magic website (hopefully going to be launched this fall)

Busy Busy Busy Busy (anyone else get that Cat's Cradle reference? No? Ok!)

-Eric D.
(going to spend the next 35 hours browsing the Café)
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
The past 48 hours....

....studied the heck out of the Café archives, the Genni archives, and made friends with TABMAN ! Also practiced cups and balls, read some Tarbell Vol 2, and practiced palming a half dollar while playing the pit orchestra of a production of "Oliver". That went great till I dropped the coin on the base of my music stand during a quite spot. End of coin practice......

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I was surfing Magiccafe. When I wasn't doing that, I was currently reading Act 2 by Barrie Richardson. Some good stuff in there. You can usually see me with a pack of cards wherever I am, practicing cuts, flourishes, and some tricks.
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
California
130 Posts

Profile of milamber
Last 48 hours...
I performed some rubberband magic, the crazyman's handcuffs and pinnacle in particular, on about three dozen different occasions (at a tradeshow I exhibited at for my company).

Been practicing "Vinny's Top Gun Control", "Top Gun Color Change" and "Top Change" like mad (which by the way are excellent).

I've also been re-reading "The Magic of Ascanio" over the last few days...
THEGREATSMILLINNI
View Profile
New user
ROBERT W SMILLIE
28 Posts

Profile of THEGREATSMILLINNI
Worked on some magic tricks to be packaged ,and sold at The Magic Castle
Swap Meet saturday- September 24th in Hollywood.

Worked with some kid's on how to do Magic Tricks with Math!
Joe Stone
View Profile
New user
Wood Green, London, UK
61 Posts

Profile of Joe Stone
I've been practicing my patter for a new version of out of tihs world I just learnt and destroyed about three trees worth of paper doing centre tears..
Shalin
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Shalin
I have been browsing the Café and reading through all of my old card/coin books to find some things that I missed the first time around. I also have been practicing my ACR, Biddle Trick, and various other cuts and flourishes.

-Shalin
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
As always, been going through the BCS (done weekly), same as Joe and devouring paper with the PCT.

Went to a party, did some light hearted visual card magic with a borrowed deck. Not my usual thing, but enjoyable to get back to straight magic once in a while.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Gia
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of Gia
Reading up on magic history, practicing my card sleights, and working withmy new cups and balls. uber fun!
GIA
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
Within the last 48 hours I joined the Magic Café, and spent quite a lot of time browsing. I've spent some time on eBay, looking for interesting books and vids. I watched Michael Ammar's Complete Introduction to Coin Magic, practiced some coin palming and I've been working on Nick Trost's 8 Card Brainwave from Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Miracles Vol 1. I've also been reading Henning Nelms's "Magic & Showmanship."
Chris_
View Profile
New user
Illinois
25 Posts

Profile of Chris_
Work on my coins to glass routine and practice the Tenkai Pinch and other coin sleights a bit. I also watched a few routines from the new Coinvention DVD that I just picked up.

Chris
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? - Mark 8:36

www.needgod.com
Shawn74
View Profile
Loyal user
New Mexico
211 Posts

Profile of Shawn74
Hmmmm, Besides browsing here? I did get the chance to perform for a couple of co-workers. My coach and another guy on the team. Since I don't usually perform much do to anxiety.....this was something refreshing and 'off-the-cuff' for me

I went through pretty much every card trick I know well, which is about 10. This just pointed out to me that I need to develope a few more routines. lol

Went well, even got the compliment that if this was a different time, everyone would be looking to hang me

Other than that, practicing Liquid Metal, mainly building up the finger/hand strength, watched The Story Of Magic that a friend burned for me from A&E, and watched Criss Angel.

Practiced double deals, seconds and bottoms, and read through the next few steps on the linking rings routine that I'm working on.

Thanks
Shawn
Hold your breath...make a wish...count to 3... and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Willy Wonka
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » The last 48 hours, what have you been doing in magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL