The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Question about calling 800 and 866 numbers from overseas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Family is going on a cruise that embarks in Europe. We've purchased an excursion that picks us up from the airport, does a city tour, and takes us to the ship.

I called the cruise line (Royal Caribbean) and asked, "What happens if our plane is delayed and we miss the excursion? How do I contact Royal Caribbean to let you all know we need a pick up from the airport?

The RC rep tells me I just call the same number that I called him at, and they'll get someone to pick us up at the airport. So I ask about a country code to call to a number located in the USA from a foreign country. He says 800 and 866 numbers don't need that, you just go to a phone, dial the number the same as you would if you were in the USA, and it will connect.

Now, I've called the USA many times from foreign countries, and always needed to enter a country code, first...but I've never tried calling an 800 or 866 number from a foreign country.

Is that correct?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
P.L.Green
View Profile
New user
Asturias (SPAIN)
59 Posts

Profile of P.L.Green
That is not how it works in Spain. Actually, toll free numbers do not work when dialed from here. I usually connect to conference calls at work where a toll free (800) number is offered for those dialing in from the US while a paid number is al also avalable for those of us calling from overseas.
Can you keep a secret?.....So can I ;o)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Question about calling 800 and 866 numbers from overseas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL