The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Warning Label (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8512 Posts

Profile of funsway
I came into several packet tricks as part of a "bundle purchase" The name of the trick is not important.

On the package wrapping is a warning to go to an Internet site and watch a performance of the trick several times before opening the package.

After doing so, I found that the DVD inside has exactly the same material, along with the instructions for the trick.
There are also very fine "step-by-step" instructional photos and clear written instructions.

So, why the "warning" approach? Is this common today?

I might guess that there is a fear that reading the instructions before observing the entire effect might "turn magicians off" or something.

or, is it a marketing ploy for "Brick 'n mortar" stores to keep people from opening the package and exploring?

seems weird to me, so I ask ...
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2322 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Could be an attempt to get people to actually pay attention to the instructions. A lot of times people have asked me for advice that is provided in the videos they claimed to have watched.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Warning Label (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL