The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » What did Magiro study? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yiorgos
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Yiorgos
Dear friends
I am fascinated with Magiro;s work. Someone told me that if you like someone's work study what he studied. Does anyone know the kind of material that influenced Magiro? Are there any books/ resources in English/French that could help me to understand his influences? My aim is to eventually be able to understand and build myself his effects.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
There is a book available written about Magiro, it's available from a German magic shop. I'll look who the seller is and PM your their website.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Yiorgos
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of Yiorgos
Thank you Jake! I have already ordered the book. Zauber Butike is the seller.
ddamen
View Profile
Regular user
Bay Area
140 Posts

Profile of ddamen
There are two books: one produced by Zauber Butike in 2014 (long sold out), and the one you likely just bought, which was written by Eckhard Böttcher. Remember that he invented over 400 effects, so the vast majority (including the ones I consider his best) are not explained/described in either book. But there is definitely a lot to keep you busy for a while.

Magiro's first magic book was "Schule der Zaubertricks" by Otto Stolina, and he spent countless hours with Bartl's catalogs. You will likely need to speak (or translate) German to understand his sources.
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
The last book on Magiro is really good. Lot's of explanation of his trick (even the witches tunnel). Highly recommended. The only con is that you need to be able to read german.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Lybrary.com has it and you can google translate the pdf with software. The translation is good enough and worth it to me. However, you need to be able to read German to get the most out of the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » What did Magiro study? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL