The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RSVP by Shawn Farquhar vs Fully Loaded by Mark Mason (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
Having the deck resealed and in new deck order is impressive, but I think having the card signed is an impressive a part of the routine.. Sad that it wasn't made apart.

That's just me personally, my vote goes to Fully Loaded...

~allen
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
My vote goes to fully loaded too.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Go to say fully loaded for me.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
I agree Mark's Fully Loaded is an awesome effect. If you want a signed card in sealed deck that's the way to go... RSVP is NOT a signed card in sealed deck..it's a full five minute professional routine based on how a deck un-shuffles itself and eventually ends up in new deck order in a sealed box that was even signed. They are not the same plot and certainly not the same method. I love that at the conclusion of RSVP the deck and box can be given to the spectator as a gift...

Cheers,

-shawn
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Where is RSVP available?
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thank you
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Apples and oranges really.
But being able to leave the deck with them would be fantastic when dealing with corporate bookers, event planners, and the like.
Insert a business card and now they have a mini promo package they will remember.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hi Mike ,
Thanks for showing interests in RSVP .
You can purchase RSVP at this link : http://www.superhumanz.online/shop/shawn-farquhar-rsvp/

Since it's the first week of the launch , you can get RSVP at a 20% discount by entering Shawn's promo code : RSVP20FARQUHAR when you check out .

You can PM me for any inquires regarding the product or email us at support@superhumanz.online =)

Best,
David Lai
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
joeltjh
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of joeltjh
I've just purchased RSVP, and while I understand that most people are in fact, looking for the method to the effect performed on "Fool Us", I think this deserves a little bit more credit so to speak. Here's my 2c's worth.

For starters, this isn't some tutorial for an effect that you will watch, and then start thinking, "Oh dear, there is so much to prep for this..." or "This is just not practical for the stage or my style of close up."

For the impact of the effect, the prep is hardly anything to even consider. If at all.

Also, the tutorial is short and easy to follow. Almost too short to be true.

I wouldn't have guessed that behind all of the "NO WAY !@#$%^@%&&!!!" that may or may not have come out of my mouth when I first saw this performed by Cyril years ago, that it is in reality so simple.

The deck switch is a brilliant utility move and it is taught in great detail. Shawn goes through various scenarios on how the move can be done and covers basically everything you need to know to do it; close up, surrounded, stage. The subtleties are in depth, and I believe when executed properly, will allow you to do it under even the most pressing of circumstances.

From the full performance, parts of the oil and water routine (and I use this term very loosely so as to incorporate more of the performance into it) imo, can be figured out by anyone who is familiar with the different methods to achieving the separation, but the effect(s) that come out of it hits home. And I think the icing on that cake is that you can do it a number of times in the cleanest, fairest manner, each method and revelation taking it one step further.

The final phase in which the deck is shown to be resealed and verified (signed), is absolutely brilliant (as with most amazing effects). The methods employed might require a bit of practice to find a "feel" that is most natural to the performer. There is however, one very small detail that I think might raise a few suspicions (it did for me when I was watching the performance), but I believe it can be easily covered up with one or a combination of small modifications.

So while this isn't the "complete" version many of us are looking for, it presents the techniques used to achieve that effect; The techniques that eventually fooled the great P&T, and that in itself is worth its weight in gold - which I am sure many would pay to learn even just 75% or even 50% of the routine and secret for bragging rights.

And I am almost sure that we can all agree that the price of RSVP is way less than that.

If you are looking for "THE" RSVP effect on P&T, this is not it.

But if you are looking for the secret tested and proven techniques that culminates in that effect, having fooled magicians the world over for easily 10 years or more, along with stuff that can be performed as part of the entire routine, or even on its own, then this it.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Welcome to the Café Joeltjh.
I have RSVP by Shawn Farquhar, and I totally agree with your review.
RSVP, IMO, is a nice multi phased routine which flows nicely, from O&W, to a Triumph-like effect, then to the whole deck in new deck order.
Takes a little practice, but can be accomplished quite easily.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2017, joeltjh wrote:
I've just purchased RSVP, and while I understand that most people are in fact, looking for the method to the effect performed on "Fool Us", I think this deserves a little bit more credit so to speak. Here's my 2c's worth.

For starters, this isn't some tutorial for an effect that you will watch, and then start thinking, "Oh dear, there is so much to prep for this..." or "This is just not practical for the stage or my style of close up."

For the impact of the effect, the prep is hardly anything to even consider. If at all.

Also, the tutorial is short and easy to follow. Almost too short to be true.

I wouldn't have guessed that behind all of the "NO WAY !@#$%^@%&&!!!" that may or may not have come out of my mouth when I first saw this performed by Cyril years ago, that it is in reality so simple.

The deck switch is a brilliant utility move and it is taught in great detail. Shawn goes through various scenarios on how the move can be done and covers basically everything you need to know to do it; close up, surrounded, stage. The subtleties are in depth, and I believe when executed properly, will allow you to do it under even the most pressing of circumstances.

From the full performance, parts of the oil and water routine (and I use this term very loosely so as to incorporate more of the performance into it) imo, can be figured out by anyone who is familiar with the different methods to achieving the separation, but the effect(s) that come out of it hits home. And I think the icing on that cake is that you can do it a number of times in the cleanest, fairest manner, each method and revelation taking it one step further.

The final phase in which the deck is shown to be resealed and verified (signed), is absolutely brilliant (as with most amazing effects). The methods employed might require a bit of practice to find a "feel" that is most natural to the performer. There is however, one very small detail that I think might raise a few suspicions (it did for me when I was watching the performance), but I believe it can be easily covered up with one or a combination of small modifications.

So while this isn't the "complete" version many of us are looking for, it presents the techniques used to achieve that effect; The techniques that eventually fooled the great P&T, and that in itself is worth its weight in gold - which I am sure many would pay to learn even just 75% or even 50% of the routine and secret for bragging rights.

And I am almost sure that we can all agree that the price of RSVP is way less than that.

If you are looking for "THE" RSVP effect on P&T, this is not it.

But if you are looking for the secret tested and proven techniques that culminates in that effect, having fooled magicians the world over for easily 10 years or more, along with stuff that can be performed as part of the entire routine, or even on its own, then this it.

I'm always suspicious of people who join the Café just to post positive reviews of a new product.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hey Joel ,
Thanks for the review on RSVP . =) Colin , Joel is a customer who bought the RSVP tutorial himself on the SuperHumanz website . I asked if he could do an honest review for SuperHumanz and he kindly agreed . =)

Best ,
David Lai
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Fair enough David. Thanks for clarifying.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
I thought I heard somewhere that Shawn was going to release his sealed deck effect from P&T but haven't heard anything in ages about it...
Magic from A to Z
View Profile
Elite user
Sweet Home Alabama
479 Posts

Profile of Magic from A to Z
As well, I and others have understood and were told many, many ages ago; however, over time, for some reason, it's evolved into RSVP without the signed card.

~allen
magic___lover
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of magic___lover
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2017, Magic from A to Z wrote:
As well, I and others have understood and were told many, many ages ago; however, over time, for some reason, it's evolved into RSVP without the signed card.

~allen

Kinda like having a steak dinner, without the steak. Sure, the sides are nice, but you really did want the steak.
RiBo
View Profile
New user
Orando, FL
78 Posts

Profile of RiBo
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, magic___lover wrote:
Quote:

~allen

Kinda like having a steak dinner, without the steak. Sure, the sides are nice, but you really did want the steak.

I guess it depends on what they use to top the baked potato. I've had some awfully good stuffed baked potatoes over the years. I guess that could blunt the missing steak, at least a little bit.
Shawn Farquhar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Canada
760 Posts

Profile of Shawn Farquhar
Quote:

~allen

Yeah, I have not given up on the idea of releasing my Signed Card in Sealed Deck, but until I can find a way where it won't be torrented, sold on Chinese websites for $1.49 and traded by and to people who don't deserve it... I'm going to keep it to myself. With every download I offer I learn and eventually I will discover a way to protect my secret, while still sharing with the community. I know it's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth. I can tell you I think for a lay audience that RSVP is far superior to the Signed Card in Sealed Deck. RSVP, has a plot, multiple phases and a logical conclusion. It's a professional routine that can end any close up magic set. To use the analogies of the steak... I think it's filet mignon and only magicians see the other as a T-Bone. But maybe that's just me...

Sincerely,

shawn
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hi guys ,
Shawn's promo code for the 20% discount : RSVP20TMCINBOX is only available till the 15th September .

It's now going for only USD20 , after the discount ( retails at USD25 ) .

You can get it here at : http://www.superhumanz.online/shop/shawn-farquhar-rsvp/

Best,
David Lai
www.superhumanz.online
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RSVP by Shawn Farquhar vs Fully Loaded by Mark Mason (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL