The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Maiden Backs (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LarryD
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of LarryD
I have seen a number of reviews for packet tricks where the reviewer liked the effect but bemoaned the fact that the cards supplied had Maiden backs. I'm wondering if it's been your experience that anyone other than magicians notice the difference between Maiden backs and traditional Rider backs?
BluMagic
View Profile
New user
Germany
19 Posts

Profile of BluMagic
No one ever saw the difference but you could just buy a maiden deck for just a couple of bucks.
WooG
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of WooG
I've never had any issues with it. With spectators holding and shuffling the cards, never once questioned. Mostly a magician concern I think
Card_Flips
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Card_Flips
No one ever noticed

I don't hang out around magicians, so I can't speak for them

With so many deck designs out there nowadays, it really doesn't matter
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Are you sure you don't mean Bicycle 809 Mandolin backs?
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
In my experience, very few people are familiar with cards brands and those who are, see only one back that they have seen before. The fact that Maiden backs and Mandolin backs are more often used for tricks is only known to people with an interest in the subject, so no one questions the backs in my opinion.
Hugo73
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Hugo73
Maiden are beautifull back design but it's exactly a regular bicycle handling.

the back design is pretty cool Smile
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2017, M. Tesla wrote:
Are you sure you don't mean Bicycle 809 Mandolin backs?

Ahhh...just found the maiden backs online...now I can see the difference...I like the looks of the mandolin backs better...
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Maiden Backs (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL