We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (361 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..49~50~51 [Next]
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Hello all. I had a question regarding the “uniqueness” of Houdini Card when performing online. Say that I send a website link to spectator 1 on their phone: 11z.co/XXX/7. They choose a card, say, the 5D, which is duly thu**** and received by spectator 1. And the spectator had the memento of both the link and the final image of Houdini with the 5D. All good.

But now I do the effect on, say, spectator 2 and they choose the QH. But what happens if Spectator 1 happens to go back the website link (which is the same) —will their 5D change to QH?

Would really appreciate a response from the veterans as to how to address this problem.

Thanks!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10043 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I believe it would’ve reset to only the circular reflections.
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, pegasus wrote:
I believe it would’ve reset to only the circular reflections.


So wouldn’t that be a problem — ie their card “disappears” in Houdini’s eyes??
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1118 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, asanghi wrote:
Hello all. I had a question regarding the “uniqueness” of Houdini Card when performing online. Say that I send a website link to spectator 1 on their phone: 11z.co/XXX/7. They choose a card, say, the 5D, which is duly thu**** and received by spectator 1. And the spectator had the memento of both the link and the final image of Houdini with the 5D. All good.

But now I do the effect on, say, spectator 2 and they choose the QH. But what happens if Spectator 1 happens to go back the website link (which is the same) —will their 5D change to QH?

Would really appreciate a response from the veterans as to how to address this problem.

Thanks!


If you have sticky turned on for the effect, then about 3 minutes after you've thu**** a card for spectator 1 that card will be LOCKED to the unique URL that was generated for spectator 1 (every time you perform a thu•• effect in Inject a unique URL gets generated, automatically).

Therefore, this is the timeline:

1) Perform Houdini for spectator #1 who chooses the 3 of clubs.

2) Wait at least 3 minutes from your last thu**.

3) Perform Houdini for spectator #2 who chooses the 7 of diamonds.

If spectator #1 now goes back to the URL on his phone it will still display the 3 of clubs.

If at least 3 minutes has passed since you thu**** for spectator #2 and you didn't thu** something different within that 3 minutes, spectator #2's URL will always display the 7 of diamonds.

If you purchased Greg's 2020 Webinar, please refer to about 3 hours 23 minutes in the video where this subject is covered (the structure of Inject URLs).

Mark
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, asanghi wrote:
Hello all. I had a question regarding the “uniqueness” of Houdini Card when performing online. Say that I send a website link to spectator 1 on their phone: 11z.co/XXX/7. They choose a card, say, the 5D, which is duly thu**** and received by spectator 1. And the spectator had the memento of both the link and the final image of Houdini with the 5D. All good.

But now I do the effect on, say, spectator 2 and they choose the QH. But what happens if Spectator 1 happens to go back the website link (which is the same) —will their 5D change to QH?

Would really appreciate a response from the veterans as to how to address this problem.

Thanks!


If you have sticky turned on for the effect, then about 3 minutes after you've thu**** a card for spectator 1 that card will be LOCKED to the unique URL that was generated for spectator 1 (every time you perform a thu•• effect in Inject a unique URL gets generated, automatically).

Therefore, this is the timeline:

1) Perform Houdini for spectator #1 who chooses the 3 of clubs.

2) Wait at least 3 minutes from your last thu**.

3) Perform Houdini for spectator #2 who chooses the 7 of diamonds.

If spectator #1 now goes back to the URL on his phone it will still display the 3 of clubs.

If at least 3 minutes has passed since you thu**** for spectator #2 and you didn't thu** something different within that 3 minutes, spectator #2's URL will always display the 7 of diamonds.

If you purchased Greg's 2020 Webinar, please refer to about 3 hours 23 minutes in the video where this subject is covered (the structure of Inject URLs).

Mark


Thanks SO much Mark! This is super helpful. I’m a bit fuzzy about creating unique URLs. Can you please point me to where I can purchase Greg’s webinar?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1118 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, asanghi wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, pegasus wrote:
I believe it would’ve reset to only the circular reflections.


So wouldn’t that be a problem — ie their card “disappears” in Houdini’s eyes??


If sticky is turned on, when you load the URL for Houdini the next performance (next spectator), the reflection will be the LAST card thu****. It will NOT default back to circular reflections. If you turn sticky off, I believe it will default back to circular reflections but then you LOSE the lock to the unique URL feature (which is more important than having circular reflections).

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1118 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, asanghi wrote:Thanks SO much Mark! This is super helpful. I’m a bit fuzzy about creating unique URLs. Can you please point me to where I can purchase Greg’s webinar?


You purchase the Webinar directly from Greg. Email him at grostami@gmail.com and he will give you instructions for paying via PayPal and then he'll provide the information for the Webinar.

The 2020 Webinar is more than 7 hours long. I sat through the entire thing and, even though I'm not an Inject novice, I still learned a lot.

Mark
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, asanghi wrote:
Hello all. I had a question regarding the “uniqueness” of Houdini Card when performing online. Say that I send a website link to spectator 1 on their phone: 11z.co/XXX/7. They choose a card, say, the 5D, which is duly thu**** and received by spectator 1. And the spectator had the memento of both the link and the final image of Houdini with the 5D. All good.

But now I do the effect on, say, spectator 2 and they choose the QH. But what happens if Spectator 1 happens to go back the website link (which is the same) —will their 5D change to QH?

Would really appreciate a response from the veterans as to how to address this problem.

Thanks!

First,
PLEASE DO NOT post any of the Inject URLs on the Magic Café.
Google (and other search engine) crawlers will find your post and make it available for a curious spectator that looks up that URL.

To answer your question ...

In the Inject URLs , whatever comes after the "-" makes that URL unique to that performance.
We call this "the table name/number".

When you type your Houdini URL on any browser, Inject automatically adds a unique number at the end of the URL that makes the outcome of that performance, unique to that performance only.

If you type:
googleee.co/7/7

Inject will automatically change that to:
googleee.co/7/7-1587417790288

What this means is ...
If spectator 1 chooses the 5D, that unique URL will only display 5D FOREVER.

When you perform for spectator 2, as long as "the table name/number" is different from spectator 1, their choice will "Stick" to their URL.
Hence if spectator 2 selected QH, their unique URL will ALWAYS display QH.
_____________________________________

If you want to guarantee a unique URL for each of your performances, all you have to do is type your URL in the browser of your phone.

Inject will automatically add the extra garbage at the end to make that URL unique.

You then copy and paste THAT URL to your spectator.

This guarantees that each performance is unique.
____________________________________

You can also do the above manually.

If the URL for your Houdini effect is:
googleee.co/7/h

You can manually change it to:
googleee.co/7/h-houdini76.jpg

As long as on each performance you slightly change that "-houdini76.jpg" to something else, everything will work perfectly.

I hope that all made sense.
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Apr 20, 2020, pegasus wrote:
I believe it would’ve reset to only the circular reflections.

No. It does not.

It displays whatever they had selected, forever.
Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
If you like coloring effects, here's a method where the spectator has a free choice of any color AND a free choice of what they color in:



You can perform the above without having any markers ... ask your spectator to imagine the word "LOVE" and ask them to imagine each letter has a different color.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1222 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
I do this effect on a couple. Rather than an image, it’s a web album which has the pictures of LOVE coloured in. One of them swipes and the images in the album change. They do this repeatedly and then stop on a random image unseen.

The second spectator writes the word LOVE on the back of my business card with different coloured pens.

The two match. And they keep my business card as a souvenir!!!!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
I do this effect on a couple. Rather than an image, it’s a web album which has the pictures of LOVE coloured in. One of them swipes and the images in the album change. They do this repeatedly and then stop on a random image unseen.

The second spectator writes the word LOVE on the back of my business card with different coloured pens.

The two match. And they keep my business card as a souvenir!!!!

I really love your performance idea.

With your performance, your showing the connection between the couple.
They both make free choices, and through their devine connection, they both create the SAME colors for "LOVE"! Smile

What a GREAT idea!

Thank you for sharing that with us,
Greg
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1118 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2020, simplymagicweb wrote:
I do this effect on a couple. Rather than an image, it’s a web album which has the pictures of LOVE coloured in. One of them swipes and the images in the album change. They do this repeatedly and then stop on a random image unseen.

The second spectator writes the word LOVE on the back of my business card with different coloured pens.

The two match. And they keep my business card as a souvenir!!!!


Excellent routine, Sean. You are the king of Inject effects, thank you for sharing!

Mark
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I've created two new effects that will be available tomorrow for FREE on Inject 2.0



This is how these effects differ from the existing color match effects that are currently on the market:

- The magician has no visible tech.

- The magician never peeks or gets any form of notification.

- Perform repeatedly without worrying about "interference" from previous performances.

- As seen on the video, they have a free choice of any color AND a free choice of what to color!

- When the performance is done, the prediction image NEVER changes.

- They receive and look at the image BEFORE you start!

- With the web album effect, the spectator freely chooses any image in the album, but the freely chosen colors MATCH!!

- Fully Customizable ... use any image with any number of colors.

- Using Thom Parkin's PEP, you can email this prediction to your spectator before you start.

cheers,
Greg Rostami
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Wow!!
asanghi
View Profile
Veteran user
Moscow, Russia
305 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Quote:
On May 6, 2020, Greg Rostami wrote:
I've created two new effects that will be available tomorrow for FREE on Inject 2.0



This is how these effects differ from the existing color match effects that are currently on the market:

- The magician has no visible tech.

- The magician never peeks or gets any form of notification.

- Perform repeatedly without worrying about "interference" from previous performances.

- As seen on the video, they have a free choice of any color AND a free choice of what to color!

- When the performance is done, the prediction image NEVER changes.

- They receive and look at the image BEFORE you start!

- With the web album effect, the spectator freely chooses any image in the album, but the freely chosen colors MATCH!!

- Fully Customizable ... use any image with any number of colors.

- Using Thom Parkin's PEP, you can email this prediction to your spectator before you start.

cheers,
Greg Rostami


V nice Greg. Is reminiscent of the classic “Picasso” effect. Pete Turner has a great variation of it to fit the digital era but don’t think he uses Inject.
gismo
View Profile
New user
Germany
60 Posts

Profile of gismo
What does it cost, to enable all the features?
The Google Play German says, there are in App
buys from 1.09 Euro to 84.99 Euro per item.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
You get everything for 84.99 Euro.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
Greg
FoggFactor
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
189 Posts

Profile of FoggFactor
Would love to learn more about ParkinT email add-on for Inject. How do I add that to my app?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1118 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On May 20, 2020, FoggFactor wrote:
Would love to learn more about ParkinT email add-on for Inject. How do I add that to my app?


Request admission to this group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2023060158012030/

Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (361 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35~36~37..49~50~51 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL