The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (300 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42~43~44 [Next]
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, PirateHunter wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2021, Greg Rostami wrote:

We have a new URL that we'll be introducing soon which is better than the old URL.

Stay tuned,
Greg Rostami


what makes it "better"?

and what happened with the old URL?


Its not better. Nobody I know was excited about it. I understand he probably didn't have a choice but I would like for him to post more information in the group.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9080 Posts

Profile of pegasus
There’s not much more information he can post for the time being. There’s a workaround which, for me, and others works fine, and the new URL is going to be better. Let’s chill out eh?
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, pegasus wrote:
There’s not much more information he can post for the time being. There’s a workaround which, for me, and others works fine, and the new URL is going to be better. Let’s chill out eh?


He posted the new URL.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9080 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Indeed. 10 hours ago. Thanks. Missed it.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, PirateHunter wrote:
and what happened with the old URL?


It's simple to explain (so simple, I don't understand why people don't understand, frankly)... The old URL (the one that was quite similar to "google.com") led to a "spoof" site. A site that imitated a legit site. It is a sad fact that bad actors (hackers) are increasingly using spoof/fake sites to trick people into revealing personal information and/or installing malware on computers. Thus, it makes complete sense that security software, DNS, browsers, etc. would move to STOP people from accessing spoof/fake sites that imitate genuine sites. As soon as the old URL was added to the features of Inject, I figured it wouldn't take very long before the URL was blocked. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

The new URL is, hopefully, different enough from "google.com" that it won't be blocked anytime soon. Time will tell. But no matter what happens, you can always use one of the shorter alternatives (which are unlikely to be blocked because they aren't remotely close to "google.com").

Mark
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2021, PirateHunter wrote:
and what happened with the old URL?


It's simple to explain (so simple, I don't understand why people don't understand, frankly)... The old URL (the one that was quite similar to "google.com") led to a "spoof" site. A site that imitated a legit site. It is a sad fact that bad actors (hackers) are increasingly using spoof/fake sites to trick people into revealing personal information and/or installing malware on computers. Thus, it makes complete sense that security software, DNS, browsers, etc. would move to STOP people from accessing spoof/fake sites that imitate genuine sites. As soon as the old URL was added to the features of Inject, I figured it wouldn't take very long before the URL was blocked. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

The new URL is, hopefully, different enough from "google.com" that it won't be blocked anytime soon. Time will tell. But no matter what happens, you can always use one of the shorter alternatives (which are unlikely to be blocked because they aren't remotely close to "google.com").

Mark


The reason people don’t understand is Greg never said that. People asked why did it go and he refused to answer
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Quick question. I am a new Inject user and when I type my unique URL into the search bar it brings up the fake google site but there is nothing typed into the google search. The manual says it should be prefilled with 'image of' to justify my typing during presentation. In my case nothing is there so all of my finger work has no justification if they preload google already. Is there a way for me to get that preset back? Is that due to the new URL issue? If there isn't a way to get it back, do you guys just type the URL then immediately type 'Image of' or something analogous to this to justify the thumb work before showing the screen to your audience?

Secondly when they search a term it pops up on my phone and paired smart device. However if they make a second search it does not. Should I not receive all searches? I may have a routine where I need them to think of two things and justify why they need to search them etc, but I don't seem able to do that. How can I receive consecutive searches.

Also does anyone want to share their preferred Smart Wa***? I just purchased a moderately priced one on Amazon but was curious if you guys have found success with the cheaper models.

I emailed Greg unfortunately didn't hear back. He must be busy which is understandable.
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, DJ Trix wrote:
Quick question. I am a new Inject user and when I type my unique URL into the search bar it brings up the fake google site but there is nothing typed into the google search. The manual says it should be prefilled with 'image of' to justify my typing during presentation. In my case nothing is there so all of my finger work has no justification if they preload google already. Is there a way for me to get that preset back? Is that due to the new URL issue? If there isn't a way to get it back, do you guys just type the URL then immediately type 'Image of' or something analogous to this to justify the thumb work before showing the screen to your audience?

Secondly when they search a term it pops up on my phone and paired smart device. However if they make a second search it does not. Should I not receive all searches? I may have a routine where I need them to think of two things and justify why they need to search them etc, but I don't seem able to do that. How can I receive consecutive searches.

Also does anyone want to share their preferred Smart Wa***? I just purchased a moderately priced one on Amazon but was curious if you guys have found success with the cheaper models.

I emailed Greg unfortunately didn't hear back. He must be busy which is understandable.


1. That is the default search text setting
2. Do you mean from the same one without going to the site again? You only get one.
3. I use the apple watch
4. Yeah that's kind of usual.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hi cardistry what I am saying is my google search is blank when I go to my site on a spectators phone.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
If you want the Google search box to be auto-populated with text, then YOU have to adjust your Inject settings accordingly. In the Inject settings, touch the WEB tab and then under "Default Search Text" type in the text/phrase you wish to have auto-populated in the search box.

Mark
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
168 Posts

Profile of chuds
I have owned inject for years and never used it. It seems far too complicated tbh.
Just my thoughts guys.
Chuds
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, DJ Trix wrote:
Hi cardistry what I am saying is my google search is blank when I go to my site on a spectators phone.


Yes. You change your default search text to whatever you want. Then it shows on your google.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Thank you so much Mark and Cardistry, that's exactly what I was looking for.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2481 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, chuds wrote:
I have owned inject for years and never used it. It seems far too complicated tbh.
Just my thoughts guys.


I always feel like I’m missing most of it’s features. Admittedly due to my limited comfort level with using apps in general though.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Magic Mark
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, chuds wrote:
I have owned inject for years and never used it. It seems far too powerful to figure out, tbh.


Fixed it for you. Smile

You seem to be assuming that you need to know how to use EVERY feature of Inject to be able to use it at all. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Houdini effect, for example, is completely ready to go. Just learn that one effect (which can be done in a few minutes), learn the clock swipe (which takes a little longer but certainly is completely doable), practice a little and you are ready to go.

Inject is a delicious Apple but you don't have to eat it all at once. Start out nibbling here and there and eventually, over time, you'll get to the core. But until you get to the core, there's plenty to enjoy in those small nibbles.

Mark
chuds
View Profile
Regular user
U.K
168 Posts

Profile of chuds
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, chuds wrote:
I have owned inject for years and never used it. It seems far too powerful to figure out, tbh.


Fixed it for you. Smile

You seem to be assuming that you need to know how to use EVERY feature of Inject to be able to use it at all. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Houdini effect, for example, is completely ready to go. Just learn that one effect (which can be done in a few minutes), learn the clock swipe (which takes a little longer but certainly is completely doable), practice a little and you are ready to go.

Cheers Mark I will do, the advice is appreciated as it’s to good not to use I know.

Inject is a delicious Apple but you don't have to eat it all at once. Start out nibbling here and there and eventually, over time, you'll get to the core. But until you get to the core, there's plenty to enjoy in those small nibbles.

Mark
Chuds
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2779 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2021, chuds wrote:
I have owned inject for years and never used it. It seems far too complicated tbh.
Just my thoughts guys.

Hi chuds,

To start with Inject, simply read the first page of the manual.
It's a 5 minutes read, and you'll be immediately up and running.

There are countless videos on YouTube where you can watch my patter.
Search YouTube for "inject rostami".

Let me know if you have any questions.
Greg
cardistry master
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of cardistry master
It is very complicated with somewhat outdated instructions but once you get it it’s very good. Send me a message if you have any specific questions.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2779 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2021, cardistry master wrote:
It is very complicated with somewhat outdated instructions but once you get it it’s very good. Send me a message if you have any specific questions.

I really don't know what's "very complicated" about typing a single URL ... because that's ALL you have to do to perform the basic effect in Inject.
The rest of it is patter, which is taught on the first page of the manual in a detailed explanation video.

If you haven't read the first page of the manual, I highly recommend it.

cheers,
Greg
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9080 Posts

Profile of pegasus
My favourite was ‘Google knows what you’re thinking’ but can’t remember how to perform it now unfortunately.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Inject 2.0 - The impossible just got REAL!! (300 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..39~40~41~42~43~44 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL