The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jeff Busby Paul Fox Cups (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2156 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2017, Leo H wrote:
Thanks for that heads up Jake. Even if this set really came from Busby, he wants too much for them. The Busby copper sets have sold for about $500 to $600 on the auction market. He apparently doesn't have the original bill of sale from Busby.

Dad hallmarked 12 sets of his Paul Fox cups, the hallmark was larger than Busby PF hallmark. He got 600.00 for the set. Not bad since Dad only hallmarked 12. The reason it was limited was he kept blowing out the saddle when he stamped them.
He ended up making a brass template and used an electric hand engraver pen which turned out to be too much work.

On another note on runs of Paul Fox cups, Rings N Things spun for Danny, and it comes to be that they really aren't all that rare. According to records on file hundreds of sets were spun and went out the back door.
They really did Danny wrong. I have the original tooling now from Danny that I won on Potter and Potter, I have them in a display case with a set of cups on each side of the tooling that were spun by Danny back in
the 50's. Its' a nice piece of history.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Jeff Busby Paul Fox Cups (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL