The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (64 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Give a reading using Psychometry A-Z, do some contact mind reading. I'm not a fan of the process heavy propless stuff that can be done quicker with a simple bil**t routine
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, aabc wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2019, A Magic Café User wrote:
Have you purchased this effect? I was wondering the level of skill needed for this effect.

Yes! Very doable, but it will be different for each performer. BMWGuy rates it as 2/10 (for difficulty!) on his review here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=4814

You make it sound easy. Read some of the threads. It's probably great but I don't know if I would characterize it as very doable.
KarpeNoktem
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of KarpeNoktem
IMHO I really like it when you have the right subject/spectator and have already established YOURSELF as a real whatever-you-call-yourself. Then the most simplest, absurd things can be seen as proof of your powers/suggestions/perceptions or telepathy. PK touches done impromptu at this stage or even a more impromptu version where you begin to suggest that they can feel an itch or tingling sensations on their body also work well. Psychological forces thrown in to then lead into one of these as patter is quite cool and has a profound effect on some people (don't judge til you try it!). For example, "like if you were to think of a number between 1 - 10 the first thing that I see for you is 7 and that's because in 7 seconds if you look outside you will notice the weather begin to get heavier and stormier and the wind to begin blowing... now... count..." and then the tree starts swaying with more violence in the breeze...

A thought: take things you did as a kid or your kids do to each other that seem silly and turn them into an effect with adult patter and you'll work miracles

I suggested this to a friend of mine who has become a well-regarded mentalism author based on this principle alone in some of his works
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2017, Eaden Marti wrote:
I curious to learn what the best propless mentalism effects that people perform are?

I do SEVEN a lot....a lot.

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
581 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Who released "SEVEN?"
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The Jumping Pulse has been my propless go to since before "propless" became the new grail. It has been performed all over the world one-on-one and for good sized audiences.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2022, Bill Cushman wrote:
The Jumping Pulse has been my propless go to since before "propless" became the new grail. It has been performed all over the world one-on-one and for good sized audiences.

Anthony Jaquin brought this to my awareness a few years back, and again recently. I didn’t appreciate it at first, but now it’s something I pull out regularly. It’s a super nice experience that people really enjoy.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thank you 252life, I'm always happy to learn people are still performing my creations! Anthony was kind enough to ask me "way back when" for permission to use Jumping Pulse as an opener at his hypnosis seminars which was quite the compliment
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
Thank you 252life, I'm always happy to learn people are still performing my creations! Anthony was kind enough to ask me "way back when" for permission to use Jumping Pulse as an opener at his hypnosis seminars which was quite the compliment

Oh my god I’m embarrassed Bill! I’d absolutely forgotten it was yours! My apologies, and thanks! Anthony is understated with many things, but not this. He refers, and recommends, it all the time. I’d do the same for anyone curious. Pure gold. And again, my most sincere thanks.

11/10 highest recommendation.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Also, is your expanded work on this available? I’ve heard there’s much more.

-Theodore Annemann
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks for your continued kind words and support. Variations of JP, mine and some fine contributions from other performers, haven't really been pulled together like I'd hoped by now. There's some good work on it by Jerome Finley in his Thought Veil. Ant has at least two versions on his DVDs. My "Heart In Hand" can be found in Luca Volpe's Emotional Mentalism (vol 2,I believe). The most comprehensive use of JP can be found in Aaron Alexander's Bridge. It is a brilliant evolution of my original idea with a range of wonderful performance applications that I can't recommend enough.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2022, pulpscrypt wrote:
Who released "SEVEN?"

Seven was released by Mindhunter (Bryn Reynolds) in the excellent book "The Safwan Papers". I use it all the time and get great results. Check out Mindhunter's signature block.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
Thanks for your continued kind words and support. Variations of JP, mine and some fine contributions from other performers, haven't really been pulled together like I'd hoped by now. There's some good work on it by Jerome Finley in his Thought Veil. Ant has at least two versions on his DVDs. My "Heart In Hand" can be found in Luca Volpe's Emotional Mentalism (vol 2,I believe). The most comprehensive use of JP can be found in Aaron Alexander's Bridge. It is a brilliant evolution of my original idea with a range of wonderful performance applications that I can't recommend enough.

Thanks tons. I’m reading this after shooting off that PM, please forgive the redundancy, I should have come here first Smile
Unfortunately I picked up Thought Veil from Jerome as a (giant) PDF. (To clarify, “Unfortunate” because I prefer old fashioned books, and need to print it out, not because of the material). I’m so glad this topic came up. Folks would do well to look into the Jumping Pulse, really can’t emphasize that recommendation enough.

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (64 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL