The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
If only I didn't have a wife and kid I would have MUCH more than
995 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
I really wonder how many people perform Train Tracking. I read it was all the hype, sold out quickly, with a wonderful 30 extra sold for a good cause by Atlas. But I never hear anyone talk about it nowadays. Is Atlas still the only one who really mastered it?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2270 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I know of at least one guy that uses it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
995 Posts

Ah. That’s good to hear. Is he a pro? And do you have any idea how he rates it in his repertoire in terms of impact, compared to his other routines?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2270 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
He is a pro, for sure. He's had a couple TV shows, and often performs multiple times a week. Though I have no idea how he rates it among his act, I've never asked. I do know he doesn't use anything in his act that doesn't stand the test of time in regards to creating the impact he wants.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
995 Posts

Thanks for sharing, Chris.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1641 Posts

Profile of 252life
I use Train Tracking, but usually not in its entirety.
(First two tracks most times, mixed in with other methods.)
It’s made everything else seem easy to learn in comparison.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
995 Posts

Smile from what I've read and heard it's very hard work... and apparently not like riding a bike, you can un-learn it if you do not keep practicing... I'm curious: why only the first two tracks most times?
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1641 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2019, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
:lol: from what I've read and heard it's very hard work... and apparently not like riding a bike, you can un-learn it if you do not keep practicing... I'm curious: why only the first two tracks most times?

It was a long investment for me to learn, but that may be because I’m a bonehead..
I wouldn’t say you unlearn it, or really even forget it, so much as you (me) can become clumsy.
It’s meant to be presented in an almost off handed way as opposed to a defined checklist.
This is true of a ton of stuff though like stacks, anagrams, book tests, etc etc etc.
I don’t always use the last track with open ended word choices, or longer words, because it can be more challenging than I want to deal with.
That’s a personal decision and not a fault of the system. Even that’s avoidable mostly by limiting the length of the word though.
I tend to sprinkle it in with other effects more than using it as a stand alone presentation.
(Hope that made sense)

-Theodore Annemann
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Special user
995 Posts

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1641 Posts

Profile of 252life
My pleasure Smile

-Theodore Annemann
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Propless Mentalism? (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL